Collecting > Fan Art

Aayla!

(1/2) > >>

mastermatt24:
Decided to start an at home project- thought you guys might enjoy the subject matter. ;D

http://GushArt.bravehost.com

Deanna Rash:
Nice! Are you painting it? It looks like canvas.Just curious.I gave up my painting.- Too messy,and too expensivie and I don't like mixing up colors all the time. :P I changed my medium to markers and colour pencils.

mastermatt24:
Yea- This is just the sketch. Its on a 8x10 canvas. Pretty small, but It should go faster for me.
How come you find paints messy?

Deanna Rash:
 Working with oils,tends to be messy.turpentine,linseed oil,and the stuff dosen't dry until overnight.and its hard to get a crisp sharp edge with a brush.unless a person has a arm of steel.acrylics tend to be less messy.I just got burnt out painting.With markers,I can take
my sketchbook a pencil the markers I need and go,and do it anywhere.Don't have to have a lot of space.That way I get a lot of drawlings done,but to each his own I guess.Have you seen mine? they're in this fourm.Check it out see what you think.I look forward to see your finished piece.It will be sweet!

Angry Ewok:
Paints can be a hassle, especially if you don't have a nice working space to where you can do your thing and walk away from it for a while. I've only worked with oil twice, and my acrylic work is limited to just touchup work. You should play around with watercolors and airbrush, as they're a bit easier to cleanup than oils.

On that canvas, I'd go further than a little pencil sketch - use markers or something... but that's your call.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version