Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rumors  (Read 88068 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Rumors
« Reply #210 on: May 8, 2020, 10:13 AM »
That might be a nice way to do a TVC style 3-pack.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2020, 02:37 PM »
Carbonized Stormtroopers are available for order on BestBuy.com for pickup next week.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2020, 04:08 PM »
Carbonized Stormtroopers are available for order on BestBuy.com for pickup next week.

Got him - thanks!

I was just checking this a day or two ago and it was showing Unavailable, so this is a most welcome change.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: September 8, 2020, 06:58 PM »
As always Yakface is up on all the rumors on TBS but this one created a whole new old debate for this scale...

So the old convention exclusive of Hoth Han and Leia in a boxed set turned up on Target.com (not in stock).  What could possibly controversial about that?  Well how about Blue v Brown coat is back in a new scale baby!

Their IG account was full of anger and confusion.  One guy is insisting Han swapped from brown to blue coat for differing scenes.  Others insist it’s blue despite Yak telling them definitively it has been proven otherwise...  even when they relent they say “well you may be right”, not that they simply were wrong...

It’s really bringing back all the feels.  It’s fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 4, 2020, 05:40 PM »
Some good 2021 rumors on Yakface this week:
- Asajj Ventress
- Bo Katan
- Aurra Sing

Jayson is almost never wrong.  I like these rumors.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 5, 2020, 09:41 AM »
Some good 2021 rumors on Yakface this week:
- Asajj Ventress
- Bo Katan
- Aurra Sing

Jayson is almost never wrong.  I like these rumors.

Those are some great choices for the Clone Wars segment of the line. 

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 5, 2020, 12:06 PM »
Based on the popularity of Clone Wars and the complete hatred of the Sequel Trilogy, I'd wager on 2021 being fairly heavy on CW/Prequel stuff. I know we're still missing a lot of stuff from Rise of Skywalker, but I honestly can't think of a single figure I want from that movie besides Old Lando.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: November 5, 2020, 12:23 PM »
I'd wager on 2021 being fairly heavy on CW/Prequel stuff.

Don't forget that during PulseCon, Hasbro said they had a few things planned to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One in 2021 so it is pretty likely that there will be a few Rogue One 6" figures revealed for 2021 too...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 5, 2020, 03:09 PM »
There does seem to be some deep love for Rogue One across fandom these days, and I feel like it’s one of the best movies of the new era.  Whether or not there’s fertile ground for the Black Series is questionable, though.  Rogue One got a lot of love in the Black Series.  If they start retreading old ground with improved paint apps on previously released figures, I’m not sure how to feel about that.  There’s only a few really new figures that come to mind that would be well received:  Bodhi Rook, Saw Gerrera and Admiral Raddus. 

I actually have more hope for Rogue One with the Vintage Collection.  That’s a place where Rogue One could really shine.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 5, 2020, 03:17 PM »
There does seem to be some deep love for Rogue One across fandom these days, and I feel like it’s one of the best movies of the new era.  Whether or not there’s fertile ground for the Black Series is questionable, though.  Rogue One got a lot of love in the Black Series.  If they start retreading old ground with improved paint apps on previously released figures, I’m not sure how to feel about that.  There’s only a few really new figures that come to mind that would be well received:  Bodhi Rook, Saw Gerrera and Admiral Raddus. 

I actually have more hope for Rogue One with the Vintage Collection.  That’s a place where Rogue One could really shine.

I'd love to have Moroff, Two Tubes, and General Merrick.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 6, 2020, 09:57 AM »
Bodhi has to be #1 on the list for Rogue One, you gotta complete the team! That long rumored Saw figure should probably be #2. I’d love Two Tubes too but that is a pretty deep cut for them.

I can think of many figures I’d like from ROS, but they have got to at least give us Zombie Palpatine.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 6, 2020, 10:00 AM »
I'd wager on 2021 being fairly heavy on CW/Prequel stuff.

Don't forget that during PulseCon, Hasbro said they had a few things planned to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One in 2021 so it is pretty likely that there will be a few Rogue One 6" figures revealed for 2021 too...

Rogue One Retro Style 3.75" figures in 2021.  You heard it on JD first!

...if it happens. If not kindly ignore this message and carry on with your collecting. Jedi Defender and its affiliates take no responsibility for the content of this post.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 6, 2020, 10:22 AM »
Rogue One needs some TVC love, of course, but Bodhi Rook is a glaring omission in Black Series.  I'd also love to see Saw and the Two Tubes, Morroff, Gen. Merrick and Jyn in Imperial Ground Control disguise.... maybe Krennic in rain gear.  But I have seen a lot of people asking for Jyn, Cassian, Krennic and others re-released with updated paint apps which I'm hesitant about.  I understand wanting the updates, but these were essentially pegwarmers in my area and I'd hate to see a repeat of that just to get these upgrades.

Also, if it does happen soon, it might coincide with the release of the Disney + Cassian Andor series though I think production's on hiatus right now with COVID shutdowns.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2020, 10:23 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 6, 2020, 11:13 AM »
But I have seen a lot of people asking for Jyn, Cassian, Krennic and others re-released with updated paint apps which I'm hesitant about.  I understand wanting the updates, but these were essentially pegwarmers in my area and I'd hate to see a repeat of that just to get these upgrades.

Also, if it does happen soon, it might coincide with the release of the Disney + Cassian Andor series though I think production's on hiatus right now with COVID shutdowns.

I can still find Cassian figures on the pegs in some stores.   Please don't release an update for him until his show comes out.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 6, 2020, 11:39 AM »

From what I understand the Obi-Wan Kenobi limited series has gone into production.  Whether or not the Cassian Andor show can do that too may be a stretch.

RE: Rogue One?  I watched most of it last night with my kid.  The characters that seemed the most friendly to the Black Series that I spotted?
-Bodhi Rook (again, finish the team)
-Saw Gerrera
-either Edrio or Benthic Two-Tubes
-Imperial Combat Tank Commander
-Imperial Gunner / Death Star Gunner
-General Merrick
-Scarif Rebel Trooper
-Shoretrooper Captain
« Last Edit: November 6, 2020, 11:39 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback