Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

6" Black Series Cantina Showdown 2-Pack

<< < (2/8) > >>

Greg:

--- Quote from: McMetal on June 13, 2014, 04:01 PM ---Yeah, I can't justify the expense for a cruddy cardboard table. If they had bothered to put an ounce of effort into this set and given us plastic chairs and table, etc I would have bitten. This is really a weak effort.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad Hasbro didn't add in extra accessories. I hate seeing some new pieces added to straight repack figures, especially when the figures are relatively high priced to begin with.

Going forward this would be a cool format for repainted and retooled figures. A pair of Clone Officers or Mynock Hunt Han and Chewie would be pretty nice.

Jayson:
Funny how this (and the Endor set) has a nice backdrop/environment scene, but Jabba and the speeder bike are floating in a black void.

Scott:

--- Quote from: Jeff on June 13, 2014, 02:52 PM ---No word on if this set is some kind of store exclusive (could be the rumored TRU Cantina set?) or if its the first of potentially many "battle pack" ideas for the 6" figure line.

--- End quote ---
The rumored titles certainly line up
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Three_New_Toys_R_Us_Exclusive_MultiPacks_Planned_158228.asp

But the pricepoint seems off...could be the Euro pricing though vs actual US MSRP.  Although this is TRU so it could be $67 for two figures we already have and cardboard.

Jesse James:
Would people be willing to drop $60-$70, even if they didn't own the figs already, just because they had a plastic table and chairs?

Bear in mind this same group the question is being asked is the same group that hates anything $30 or more seemingly regardless of what it is due to that being the weird threshold financially that people hit.

4" stuff like that's unrealistic so 6" seems even more so.  It's a nice way to display it to sell it but they should've launched both figures like this or tried at least a variation of Greedo with a blast wound somehow.

Darby:
I wonder if when Hasbro planned this they were thinking 'these early Black Series figures will be scarce when fall 2014 comes around.' Ah, no. If it's anything other than that, I have no idea what the idea is here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version