Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

6" Black Series Wave 7 (2015 Wave 1)

<< < (2/9) > >>

Jayson:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on July 28, 2014, 12:09 PM ---And Luke has 3 at this point.

--- End quote ---

Xwing Pilot
Bespin Fatigues
Jedi Knight
Hoth Gear

Rob:

--- Quote from: Jayson on July 28, 2014, 12:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: P-Siddy on July 28, 2014, 12:09 PM ---And Luke has 3 at this point.

--- End quote ---

Xwing Pilot
Bespin Fatigues
Jedi Knight
Hoth Gear

--- End quote ---

Next up, Luke in Endor Fatigues deluxe on Speederbike.

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Jayson on July 28, 2014, 12:44 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Xwing Pilot
Bespin Fatigues
Jedi Knight
Hoth Gear

--- End quote ---

Forgot about Hoth Gear.  Thanks.  So 4.  Still waiting for Farmboy Luke.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: JediJman on July 28, 2014, 11:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nicklab on July 26, 2014, 08:02 AM ---Stormtrooper Han Solo just comes across a little odd to me.  In fact, it seems like the line seems to be going pretty heavy on Han right from the get-go.  Already we've seen 5 offerings of Han:
-ANH Han Solo
-ANH Han Solo with Greedo in the Cantina showdown exclusive 2-pack
-Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
-Hoth Han Solo with the tauntaun
-Han Solo in Carbonite (SDCC 2013 exclusive)

--- End quote ---

Yea, but Han's been pretty much ignored for years, and hearing Ford's back for E7 should drive a little more buzz for the character.  I'd also argue that Han Carbonite isn't really a figure, nor was he wide spread, and the Han/Greedo set is just a figure repack.  We really have 3 different Han figures on the way, actually one less than Luke. 

--- End quote ---

The key word in my post was OFFERINGS.  Meaning the number of products that have been offered for sale. 

Yes, it's nice to see Han Solo getting some attention from Hasbro.  But I think that the number of Han Solo products might be pushing it.  Just as we're seeing the Stormtrooper / Sandtrooper tooling being pushed.  Clearly, Hasbro is trying to get as much value out of their tooling budget as possible.  But I hope Hasbro is prepared to recognize that the collector segment of the market is savvy.  And they're able to tell what's really new, what's kitbashed, and what's repainted. 

Darby:
I think one factor may be time. We have a window until next Christmas for OT and PT figures and after that it's unlikely any significant attention will be paid to them. We have five or six or more movies in the pipeline in as many years and the toys will be turning from one film to the next. Who knows on long term but in addition to definitely curbing tooling costs maybe Hasbro is looking at as this is their last hurrah with all these guys. We may not get all the figures we want in this scale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version