Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jeff:
Check out the first link for a list, Dave.  New stuff seems to be "conversations" with people involved in the saga and "Discoveries From Inside", which appear to be people looking at things in the LFL vaults - costumes, mattes, props, etc.

Sounds like the content may vary a bit by vendor though...  "*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer"

Diddly:
While I'm pretty used to the Star Wars franchise milking cash out of fans, this seems... excessive? Especially since the industry standard has moved to Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital combo packs for $20. I mean, didn't they just drop BR/DVD combo packs last year?

Easy pass either way, since I already have different copies of the films on VHS, DVD, BR. If only more people would pass on these, they wouldn't have to release different versions of the films each year.

Darby:
The whole rollout of this thing has been bizarre. Hasbro's toy sets spoil the existence of this, for whatever reason, and they announce this a week ahead of what would seem to be the optimum time to announce something like this. The value in buying the movies digitally isn't there for me because like Jeff said, I own every iteration of these films and if I want to watch them anywhere I go,  I guess I can search You Tube or flip on Spike. I saw one of the 'new' featurettes on Collider today, regarding the true color of the Hoth Han parka. This was made out to be some revelation at long last, when the true color (brown, he says, in spite of his Kenner roots) has been acknowledged for years. Decades, really.

Matt_Fury:
I'm debating buying it.  I didn't purchase the Blu Ray sets due to the changes.  I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit though.

Jesse James:
Yeah, I'm cheap with memory so that alone would keep me from buying these.  I'd not wanting them hogging space on anything I own, even if I were inclined to buy.  I have the BR's, and that's good enough for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version