Multimedia > The Sequel Trilogy

The new TIE Fighters

<< < (3/4) > >>

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on November  7, 2015, 04:52 PM ---That's how some have theorized the hue of TIEs changed from ANH to esb.  That the paint had some practical impact.

--- End quote ---

I always thought the color difference was due to camouflage.  Death Star gray vs space dark blue.

Matt_Fury:
It's fine if I've been wrong in thinking they are solar panels...that's just what me and my friends always thought they were.  Coming from that perspective with was hard to turn off the engineer in me.

Radiators would make a lot more sense to be honest.

Phrubruh:
Ever notice there are two different types of TIE Fighters? The toy version (elite) that we got with the copilot seat and window in the back. There is also the traditional TIE with no copilot window, no extra guns but still has the white wings. 

Watch the video

http://www.endorexpress.net/2015/11/the-force-awakens-in-star-tours/#more-18265

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on November  7, 2015, 04:52 PM ---I noticed in the trailers that the basic (as opposed to the elite) TIE is physically virtually identical to the original fighters in the OT besides colors.  I found that interesting.

--- End quote ---

Yes. :)

tmanthegreat:
I've not gotten the new Star Wars TFA Incredible Cross Sections book in hand yet, but looking at some previews on amazon.com,  you can "read" the section regarding the new TIE Fighters.  It appears the FO uses something more like the classic standard TIE (called the TIE/fo) as well as the Special Forces TIE Fighter (called the TIE/sf).  The TIE SF is what all the toys represent from the Revell model kits to the 3.75" toy to the giant 6" scale version.  It is also the type of TIE that Finn and Poe make their escape from the Star Destroyer in during the first act of the movie.  In short, its a beefed up version of the standard TIE/fo, with increased armaments, the two crew, a hyperdrive, and shields.

See all the details on the Special Forces TIE Fighter here:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-Incredible-Cross-Sections/dp/1465438157/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450831880&sr=1-4&keywords=star+wars+the+force+awakens 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version