Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Trilogy helmed by Rian Johnson

<< < (5/5)

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Jeff on February 27, 2020, 09:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on February 27, 2020, 09:54 AM ---How well did Knives Out do?
--- End quote ---

Pretty well, I'd say -  $306 million box office vs $40 budget; Oscar nomination for best original screenplay; 97% critic, 92% audience at Rotten Tomato; sequel has been greenlit.

--- End quote ---

"Scheduling" could very well be cited if LFL or Disney deems a personnel change is warranted.  If Rian Johnson's availability is called into question because of a Knives Out sequel?  Oh well!

I think TLJ was great.  It challenged the audience which I thought was a good thing, and I found it refreshing.  But just as much as I found that movie really broke some new ground and defied story expectations, there were a lot of fans who wanted a story that would make them feel more comfortable.  I don't see Rian Johnson as that kind of filmmaker who wants to appease an audience.

Dave:
I hope if they green light something for Rian Johnson that its off on its own a bit from the existing Star Wars characters. 

I really like his movies, except for TLJ.  His creativity is fantastic, but I didn't think he did a good job of fitting in with the existing Star Wars lore very well.

StBrianOfMinneapolis:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on February 27, 2020, 12:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jeff on February 27, 2020, 09:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on February 27, 2020, 09:54 AM ---How well did Knives Out do?
--- End quote ---

Pretty well, I'd say -  $306 million box office vs $40 budget; Oscar nomination for best original screenplay; 97% critic, 92% audience at Rotten Tomato; sequel has been greenlit.

--- End quote ---

"Scheduling" could very well be cited if LFL or Disney deems a personnel change is warranted.  If Rian Johnson's availability is called into question because of a Knives Out sequel?  Oh well!

I think TLJ was great.  It challenged the audience which I thought was a good thing, and I found it refreshing.  But just as much as I found that movie really broke some new ground and defied story expectations, there were a lot of fans who wanted a story that would make them feel more comfortable.  I don't see Rian Johnson as that kind of filmmaker who wants to appease an audience.

--- End quote ---

I'm just now considering that Canto Bight was mix of the Cantina and Cloud city. TLJ is almost reverse ESB with a fancy setting that is above it all near the start of the movie and a big ground battle at the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version