Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Movies from Benioff & Weiss

<< < (7/9) > >>

StBrianOfMinneapolis:
And here you go. Netflix is go star wars is no.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/oct/29/game-of-thrones-creators-benioff-and-weiss-drop-star-wars-movies-for-netflix

Nicklab:
Really?  Okay.  Netflix threw a boatload of money at these guys, and I suspect that between that and the GoT final season reviews it wasn't a difficult decision for these guys and Lucasfilm to party company. 

So what's next?

I'm still excited by the news that Kevin Feige is developing a Star Wars project.  And combine that with the Russo Brothers having "dropped by" Lucasfilm to appear on The Star Wars Show, I think that something really positive could be in the works between them.

Jeff:
I guess I'm not surprised that the hundreds of millions from Netflix they got lead to this, but its a bummer because it will just be more fodder for the "Disney Star Wars is a train wreck" folks.  Stuff like this happens all the time in Hollywood but for some reason when it happens in Star Wars it's somehow Mickey Mouse or Kathleen Kennedy's fault.   ::)

--- Quote from: Nicklab on October 29, 2019, 11:08 AM ---So what's next?
--- End quote ---

I'd love for this to re-open the idea of doing a second Solo film with Han and Chewie working for Jabba, running into Boba Fett for the first time, etc.  So much potential there for OT Imperial run-ins and what not.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Jeff on October 29, 2019, 11:15 AM ---
--- End quote ---

I'd love for this to re-open the idea of doing a second Solo film with Han and Chewie working for Jabba, running into Boba Fett for the first time, etc.  So much potential there for OT Imperial run-ins and what not.

--- End quote ---

I think there's genuine momentum and optimism for a sequel to "Solo".  The podcast associated with Star Wars News Net has gained some traction with their #makesolo2happen movement.  And I agree, it seems to be fertile ground for some fun storytelling.

StBrianOfMinneapolis:

--- Quote from: Jeff on October 29, 2019, 11:15 AM ---I guess I'm not surprised that the hundreds of millions from Netflix they got lead to this, but its a bummer because it will just be more fodder for the "Disney Star Wars is a train wreck" folks.  Stuff like this happens all the time in Hollywood but for some reason when it happens in Star Wars it's somehow Mickey Mouse or Kathleen Kennedy's fault.   ::)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

We can hope. Lets add Greedo in the mix too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version