Collecting > Collections

How Much of Your Collection Do You Display?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jesse James:
I’ve been stocking up on these storage bins that are shoe box sizes at Walmart lately...  I’m basically starting to organize my storage into something that makes a little more sense, is more easily stacked, is visible (see through), inexpensive, and I can easily label.  This is all part of my (hoped for) easily rotated display idea.  I can’t have it all out on display but I figure this way I can quickly go to a tub of army builders and redo a display for a while, take it down and do another and so on.  I’m hoping then to have one section for a more rotating diorama/scene display separate of just figures on a shelf by their themes.  It’s all part of my collection room remodeling of sorts.  It’s been a long slow process when I have time.  I assume I’ll be dead and it’s still in a stage of not quite complete.

Brian:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on September  7, 2018, 02:08 AM ---I’ve been stocking up on these storage bins that are shoe box sizes at Walmart lately...  I’m basically starting to organize my storage into something that makes a little more sense, is more easily stacked, is visible (see through), inexpensive, and I can easily label.  This is all part of my (hoped for) easily rotated display idea.  I can’t have it all out on display but I figure this way I can quickly go to a tub of army builders and redo a display for a while, take it down and do another and so on.  I’m hoping then to have one section for a more rotating diorama/scene display separate of just figures on a shelf by their themes.  It’s all part of my collection room remodeling of sorts.  It’s been a long slow process when I have time.  I assume I’ll be dead and it’s still in a stage of not quite complete.

--- End quote ---

Funny, I have been doing something very similar. I've been picking up a number of those clear shoebox sized totes to reorganize the collection as well. I've also gotten a few of the large ones for bigger things like Marvel Legends, etc. I've kind of gone through the process of taking most everything down and starting from scratch with my display. Sort of a "less is more" approach but it is difficult to decide what gets displayed. I've unloaded a lot of stuff that wasn't seeing the light of day, and am thinking more of a rotating display idea as well. Those clear boxes work great to quickly know where things are, I've got one for Indy, one for Joes, etc.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on September  7, 2018, 02:08 AM ---I assume I’ll be dead and it’s still in a stage of not quite complete.
--- End quote ---

Probably the most accurate statement about displaying a collection that I've ever read.

GrandMoffNick:
I'm super excited to look up after I die and finally see my collection nicely displayed by whomever my wife sells it to

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jeff on September  7, 2018, 09:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jesse James on September  7, 2018, 02:08 AM ---I assume I’ll be dead and it’s still in a stage of not quite complete.
--- End quote ---

Probably the most accurate statement about displaying a collection that I've ever read.

--- End quote ---

Thank you.  I prefer to view this realistically. 🤷‍♂️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version