Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Galaxy of Adventures 5" Figures

<< < (2/8) > >>

Scockery:

--- Quote from: Diddly on July 20, 2019, 06:51 PM ---"Starting at $9.99"

What exactly does this mean? Will some figures be $9.99 and others $14.99 or $19.99? How are these costing less than both the 3.75 inch AND 6 inch lines? Very confusing.

--- End quote ---

Because gullible adult collectors will pay more?

It's hard to come up with a better explanation.

These reminds me of Hero Mashers. (Which looked sort of fun, then once I had some in hand, they are just not that appealing)

Jeff:

What exactly does this mean? Will some figures be $9.99 and others $14.99 or $19.99?
--- End quote ---

Pretty much.  There will be $10 basic figures, some deluxe/larger figures at $12 or $15, 2-packs at $20, and so on.  There is a ton of stuff planned for this new 5" line for the Fall.

--- Quote from: Diddly on July 20, 2019, 06:51 PM ---How are these costing less than both the 3.75 inch AND 6 inch lines? Very confusing.
--- End quote ---

You'll probably never get a satisfactory answer for that.  Without really knowing what's planned for this line, it's hard to guess how they are getting these out for $10.

Maybe they are planning to re-use parts across figures.  Maybe they are planning a ****-ton of repaints/repacks in the line?  Maybe they are low-balling the intro price to get people hooked on a new scale before planning to hike the price next year? 

I'm guessing they are going to spin this line as "5-inch @ $10 is better value than 3.75-inch 5POA at $8".

There is great irony here because I know a LOT of people who have constantly wished for Hasbro to find a happy medium - a line that offers more articulation than 5POA but costs less than $13 TVC.  Something like a $10 line with some figures as salt-shakers and some figures with SA.  And that's kind of what this is (just at 5" scale instead of 3.75"). :-X

Muftak:

What exactly does this mean? Will some figures be $9.99 and others $14.99 or $19.99? How are these costing less than both the 3.75 inch AND 6 inch lines? Very confusing.

--- End quote ---

No no no, you're reading it all wrong. Starting at $9.99, yes, but swiftly moving to 5Below and Ross for half that price.

Jesse James:
Yeah I wanted that happy medium...  But not in a 5" animated line, lol.

Nicklab:
The design is in line with the animated shorts.  They definitely captured that aesthetic.  But these aren't for me, and I'm fine with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version