Collecting > Fan Art

Heres an idea...never will happen...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Famine:
Mister PL, thats truly amazing. Did you create the costume yourself, or did the makeup artists create it?

Kevin

MisterPL:

--- Quote from: JediMAC on February 12, 2004, 08:02 PM ---Looks like a blue version of the alien from The Last Starfighter, with a jockstrap on his head...  Was that your inspiration, or am I off base there?   :P
--- End quote ---

Don't tell anyone, but after I entered the contest, I found an illustration I did for West End Games that had an alien in it pretty dang close to the Trek alien. George had it before Viacom did.  :o But that's our little secret, okay?

--- Quote from: Famine on February 12, 2004, 08:25 PM ---Mister PL, thats truly amazing. Did you create the costume yourself, or did the makeup artists create it?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Kevin. Bob Blackman's costume department did the costume, but he and I designed it together. I only provided a headshot and a brief history of the character. I was content wearing a Starfleet or Bajoran uniform off the rack, but he said, "No. This is your creation. Besides, I want to try something new." We looked at fabric samples for inspiration and he showed me some experimental texture effects he was dying to try, so I sat down at his desk and incorporated it. I love to collaborate. It was easily the most fun I had the whole time.

For the mask they had to create a lifemask of my head. I'm a little claustrophobic, so I practiced my breathing on the flight out. It was interesting having your head covered in about 15 pounds of plaster and algenate.

Famine:
Sounds fun! Im slowly learning how fun having plaster all over your person is. :-p

Art projects, a couple actually.

Nothing like that though.

Kevin

MisterPL:
I can honestly say the only time I was plastered was for Star Trek.  ;D

If you ever get a lifemask, remember to breathe slowly through your nose. And avoid headcolds. It's bad for you but worse for the poor SOBs dealing with your mucus.  :-X

Snively Bandar:
Hey, that's really cool MisterPL!  I like the design there.  So was it just an anonymous secondary character in the background type of role, or did you get to do anything exciting, like talk or get a close up shot on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version