Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 178267 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #600 on: September 26, 2005, 12:17 AM »
But this is a good sign for those still looking Jim.  Hopefully they'll be out there en masse at most stores so people have the chance to get these.  I'm still on the prowl for my doubles and extras of all 3 sets.

I just hope Hasbro sees these as hits because this line has a bright future if they continue the same quality and pricing.  $20 for 3 great figures and gear is a good deal to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 26, 2005, 01:58 AM »
I think they're starting to show up more... I passed on about 5 sets in various locations this weekend.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #602 on: September 26, 2005, 02:58 AM »
I was just playing "posing" my Sith set a little while here on my desk...  Outstanding.  I really was thinking this would be the downer of the 3 but I have to say that in my opinion this is probably the BEST set of the 3.  At least the figures seem of a higher overall quality anyway as they're all 3 heavy on articulation (no corner cutting save for Maul's elbows), the sculpts are fantastic, there's full accessories...

A couple little downers plague all 3 sets I've noticed.  The Clones aren't all super articulated, the chin sticking out on Bly's grunt is distracting too (and very odd that they let that happen.  That's the kind of thing picked up on before they go to production, but whatever), the lack of some weapons/gear... 

On the Anakin set it's the lopsided articulation between figures that brought it down, however the lack of sabers (why is that I wonder?) and a lack of a 2nd robe for E2 Anakin were disappointments too... 

The Sith set though, short of a couple more neutral sculpted heads for Maul and Palpatine (A ROTJ-ish Emperor face would've been nice), and maybe some hilts for Maul, Dooku, and Sidious to clip on their belts too.  They're great figures though as far as sculpt and articulation goes.  They pass the other two sets and I find that kind of funny really.

The sets are all 3 fantastic though, and I love these things so much.  It sucks tremendously to be among the areas short-changed on getting these in at retail.  I really have to thank SithLordChaos (Ryan) for helping me get my set of these (I owe you...  Literally).  He made my collecting much more enjoyable.  :)  Thanks man, again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #603 on: September 26, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Not a problem. ;)

My theory on the clone's chin: In the new variant set it looks like we get a spare clone belt that can be put on the ROTS commander instead of the kama. when you remove the pauldron too you get a basci Coruscant Grey trooper. When the pauldron is removed the helmet fits perfectly. I'm thinking that he was originally intended to be agrunt and then was changed to a commander without changing the sculpt. It would have been nice if they had mad the neck on the yellow ROTS clone a little longer so that the chin didn't show and then the grey variant could be the cuurent mold so that the neck isn't too long when the figure is displayed as a grunt.

As good as these sets are I still have a few gripes with them. Inaddition to everything Jesse mentioned, I can't stand the plastic on the sandtrooper it is so hard and Rigid it is hard to get the gun into the hands, and the joints are very tight. That is the plastic that they need to make battledroids with. I would have liked to have 2 of each of the clone rifles, at least 2 of the big one. I wish the AOTC clone had some type of waist joint too.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 26, 2005, 01:47 PM »
I hate to give Wal-Mart any business if not completely necessary :P, but again, if anyone is interested Wal-Mart.com now has the Sith Evolutions set in stock.  Of course, the Clone one is now out of stock though.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 27, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Wow!  I went to a Wal-Mart the other day and they had about 20 of these things sitting on the shelf.  Love this thing by the way.  I can't wait to get the other variant as well. 

I let the Sith one stay there.  I just can't get up for Maul, Dooku, and horrible face Palpatine for some reason.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 28, 2005, 12:40 PM »
I think they're starting to show up more... I passed on about 5 sets in various locations this weekend.

Where's Kneel Before Zod? This "Rob" is an imposter! ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #607 on: September 29, 2005, 01:12 PM »
I hope no one is still waiting on Amazon for these...  looks like they pushed back the date (again) from Oct 1 to Oct 15.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 29, 2005, 02:19 PM »
I saw that earlier as well Jeff, and it seems like Amazon has been doing this a lot lately...at least with collectibles.  I think I've ended up cancelling my last three or so orders there, because I end up finding them at retail much sooner.  I've noticed products such as ML 10, 11, and some DC Direct things have been pushed back again as well...to the 15th.  I have some ML10 preordered there, just as a back up, but I'm hoping I'll find them at retail sooner.  For those having a tough time finding the Evo. sets, I've noticed that Wal-Mart.com has had them available off and on this entire week.  Last I checked, the Anakin and Clone sets were still in stock.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 29, 2005, 08:04 PM »
It would have been nice if they had mad the neck on the yellow ROTS clone a little longer so that the chin didn't show

You guys still having problems with that chin? All you need is to stick something under the chin, keeping the head tilted all the way back while you shove the helmet down. After you let go of the helmet, pull your wedge out. It stays in there for me.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #610 on: September 29, 2005, 09:23 PM »
What I did was turn the head completely around so it's facing backwards.  Problem solved.   :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #611 on: September 29, 2005, 09:28 PM »
What I did was turn the head completely around so it's facing backwards.  Problem solved.   :)

That's the same trick I used - works like a charm!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 29, 2005, 10:15 PM »
I hope no one is still waiting on Amazon for these...  looks like they pushed back the date (again) from Oct 1 to Oct 15.   ::)

You rang? 

Yep, still waiting.  Not really expecting them to show up.  Ever.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2005, 12:46 AM »
Me too Brent, and pondering cancelling my order.  I've yet to see an Evo set at retail, and yet I still feel I'll see them at retail sooner than I'd get this half-assed order in from Amazon.com.

I hate etailing it...  Really I do.  :(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2005, 10:40 AM »

Same thing here, I couldn't get the chin to stay up, so now my Clones are like the Exorcist with twisted heads.

:P