Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07  (Read 44676 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07
« Reply #150 on: February 3, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Arenas for sale.  I'll entertain offers.

Whatcha lookin' for?   Nah, never mind, as soon as I got him he'd sprain his little toe and be gone for the season.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 4, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Wallace I'll regret all year; there were other bodies I could have dumped and held him. 

I'm convinced he was injured the first month and a half of the year, before the 8 game dislocated shoulder layoff.  I don't know if it was that rap on the noggin opening night, or what.  But the guy was good for 2-3 steals and 2 blocks a game last year, with nice rebounds.  And he has been playing out of his mind for me the past 2 weeks since the shoulder injury comeback.  Look at last night:

.533 FG%   21  Pts   16 Reb   6 Ast   2 Stl   3 BLK

Whew.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 4, 2007, 04:11 PM »
He was hammered pretty hard in that first game and I think they missed diagnosing the concussion.  If I'd known how my season was going to go, I never would have dropped him.  What's one more largely useless body taking up space on the roster? 

Every guy I drafted from round 2 through 7 has been out for at least a month and I'm still waiting to hear on my 8th round pick, Raja Bell, who didn't play last night but there's been no news on at all.  He's been a nice surprise for round 8 too, averaging around 15 a game with lots of those on threes.  I figure he should be back in march. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 4, 2007, 04:29 PM »
He was hammered pretty hard in that first game and I think they missed diagnosing the concussion.  If I'd known how my season was going to go, I never would have dropped him. 

It's kinda funny that it took Gerald Wallace lumbering up and down the court in a concussed stupor for 6 weeks failing to put up any kind of numbers at all, for him to be dropped and my worthless 3rd round pick Boris Diaw to be replaced with some quality.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2007, 04:31 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 6, 2007, 01:53 AM »
Raja Bell played tonight, so no idea what the mystery ailment was. 

Monta Ellis played a great game too, his first ever career double double before being carted off the court with a contused knee.  Something sounding strangely similar to Boozer's injury.

What a shock ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2007, 10:53 AM »

I might as well curse Brand, cuz he's the only guy I've got that's stayed healthy.  Should go down for the season within the week.

Out.  Back spasms.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Well, a little premature to have him out for the season, but being on my team, he was way, way overdue.  I wouldn't recognize my team if those little white crosses in the red boxes weren't there.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I'm starting to border on rediculous injuries right now...

Redd has been out 8 weeks
Iverson more or less 4 weeks
Jamison for 3 with 3-6 more
Kidd at least this week

Having Iverson out has been killing me in Assists and Steals...absolutely brutal.  Jamison was so solid all around that my team is really missing him as well.  And if Kidd is out for any length of time...forget about it :-[

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2007, 09:25 AM »
You're not sinking fast enough and deep enough for my liking.  I'm still going to assume that you're going to bounce back and I'm going to fight you to the last minute of the last game.

I'm taking you down Pearson.  I'm taking you down to Chinatown.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2007, 12:07 PM »
I would say post allstar break, there's still five guys that could win this and that's only because I don't remember where the sixth place guy is at.  I think Dressel has the inside shot because of a lack of injuries.  Scott obviously has a great team too, but is going through what I've been going through since December (damn you Hawaii).  I'm an outside shot now but I should actually have everyone back after the break :o  Won't know what to do with that. 

Lewis and Paul are still showing signs of their injuries or just being out for a while.  Paul's shooting has been horrible and his steals are down, considering he lead the league last year. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2007, 11:15 PM »
I think Dressel has the inside shot because of a lack of injuries. 

I agree.

But mostly because it's Darko time.

I did however suffer injuries to Rasheed Wallace, Steve Nash, Josh Howard, Gerald Wallace, and Ron Artest so I haven't exactly been a portrait of health either.

And I almost have my "games played" down to where they belong, that's where I hold another big edge over you and Scott, my 2 biggest threats.

Air Up There shoots close to first every so often, but I had his combination of stats in year 1, and I know that his combination of low FT% and high TO's is going to be impossible to repair without causing even more deficiencies in other absolute categories like REB, AST, PTS.  That formula cannot win.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2007, 07:27 PM »
In case anyone was worried about my guys getting too healthy J.R. Smith out 4 weeks after knee injury

::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2007, 12:11 AM »
Whew...looks like Jamison will be back soon, Kidd has been playing great with Cracked Ribs and Iverson and Redd are starting to turn it around...should be a fun last 1/4 of the season

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 3, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Meanwhile I'm hobbled.  Nash lost 4 games and is still playing with a "frozen" right shoulder, whatever that is.  Gerald Wallace has a pulled right groin.  Ron Artest has a sore knee.  Josh Howard sprained his ankle like 3 times and is gimping around on it.  Rasheed is out with a sprained ankle.  David Lee is out with a sprained ankle.  Whew.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 3, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I'm hobbled as well.. just when I thought my team might be able to make a push for 3rd or 2nd place, Marion goes out and Ray Allen is contemplating surgery.

This is in addition to being without Baron Davis for awhile. 

That's 3 of my top players.