Author Topic: Top 5 Black Series of 2019  (Read 941 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Top 5 Black Series of 2019
« on: December 30, 2019, 08:59 PM »
I know we don’t always do this here anymore, but I was kind of curious what everyone’s favorite Black Series items were for this year. Make your list however you want, ordered or not ordered, regular releases and exclusives, figures or whatever. Doesn’t necessarily have to be the “best” 5, but just your favorite. Since they’ve added the face scans, tough to get a bad figure in this line anymore. Here’s mine in no particular order (going by the Amidala/Mimban Han/Mace/etc as 2019’s first wave):

1 - The Mandalorian (regular and carbonized release)
2 - Clone Commander Obi-Wan Kenobi (Walgreens)
3 - Chewbacca w/C-3P0 (Amazon)
4 - Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (Wal-Mart)
5 - Cara Dune

Honorable mentions: Mace Windu, Han Solo (Mimban), Emperor with Throne, Heavy Infantry Mandalorian, General Grievous

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 Black Series of 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 09:23 AM »
That is a good list. 

I'd probably put Grievous in there as well and drop Chewie or Luke since we've already got enough of each.  I really, really like the cape on the First Order Snowtrooper as well and would be tempted to put him on the list too.

Interesting to see Hasbro didn't do a 6" vehicle/beast this year.  I wonder if they're done with those.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 12:26 PM »
My Top 5 for 2019

1 - General Grievous
2 - Emporer Palpatine (Deluxe with throne)
3 - Luke Skywalker (Skywalker Strikes)
4 - The Mandalorian
5 - Purge Stormtrooper
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 05:44 PM »
Here is my top 5 for 2019:

1 - Heavy Infantry Mandalorian
2 - The Mandalorian
3 - Clone Commander Obi-Wan Kenobi
4 - Chopper (C1-10P)
5 - Han Solo (Mimban - Mudtrooper)

I had a hard time with my last two, other really great figures to me from 2019 are: General Grievou, Cara Dune, First Order Jet Trooper, Jannah & Second Sister.

I also like how they did some new stuff with C-3PO this year - with both the TROS release where the back of his head plating comes off to reveal the wiring/circuitry for Babu Frik to work on him and then also the Chewie/3PO set from ESB with the interchangeable parts, almost a shame that they didn't want to just individually card the C-3PO like that on a 40th Anniversary ESB cardback. 
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!