Author Topic: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02 (Walmart)  (Read 6816 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:09 PM by Jeff »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:01 PM »
LOL yeah these will be a nightmare to obtain. Last 2 years worth of Walmart exclusives never showed up in any local stores, with only 1 or 2 getting the exclusives from before that. I have no faith in Walmart's website holding up, or them sticking to the 1 of each figure per person limit. Good luck to the West Coast collectors who have to wake up at 7am to even get a shot at these.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 10:00 PM »
It is really unbelievable. Being a Wal-Mart exclusive alone is bad enough, but why couldn’t these figures be a wide release? Two Mandos (yeah, those never sell), Ahsoka’s clone, and probably one of the five (or ten) most popular characters in the entire franchise. Like every Ashoka figure ever has basically doubled in value because of demand and/or scarcity.

I get the need for retailer exclusives, I just don’t understand why these need the exclusivity at all. Plus the fact that nearly all of Wal-Mart’s exclusives this year have gone poorly (He-Man, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, etc). The figures themselves....look outstanding. I really, REALLY hope I am able to get them.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 10:26 PM »
Just read this update to Jayson's story on Yakface:

"Update; *Walmart has the exclusive preorder for these, but they should be available via other retailers later in the year."
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 06:58 AM »
Ugh.  I hate Walmart SO much.  I'm getting prepared, but this has the potential to be a shitshow.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 10:01 AM »
I preordered all but the Ahsoka (too similar to the previous version I have), although I was tempted to skip the whole batch as I'm getting tired of Hasbro's repaints and kitbashes. 

I can't wait for Zeb, Kit Fisto, and some of the other all new figures, but get really torn when its just a repaint.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Here's the Walmart Hasbro Collector Con page.  I was just able to order the wave.  When I went to this page the Black Series figures were just listed as ACTION FIGURE.  I added all of the figures that were priced at $24.99 each, and when I got them in the shopping cart I was finally able to identify which was which and adjust my order.  I doubled up on the 332nd Clone and Mandalorian Loyalist.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/collector-con-hasbro-presale/0/0/?_refineresult=true&_be_shelf_id=4629791&search_sort=100&facet=shelf_id:4629791

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 10:22 AM »
....and already out of stock

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 10:54 AM »
I frigging hate this whole new business model for selling toys.

They should be able to accept an infinite # of preorders. I mean that is literally the point, to gauge how much interest there will be in purchasing a product and produce accordingly.

It should not be this hard!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 10:57 AM »
Only 3 figures on this entire "Walmart Collector Con" page are even showing up, and everything is out of stock. What a joke.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Yakface has individual links if that helps.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 12:36 PM »
Yakface has individual links if that helps.

Those links definitely helped; at least when I clicked them, preorders were back. I was able to get an order for each figure, so I'm a little less annoyed.

Should these become part of an actual wave of figures, I'll cancel the WM preorder

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 02:44 PM »
These are back in stock available for Pre-Order again (all Except Ahsoka).  Just ordered the two mandalorians and the trooper.  Go Go Go!  Bummed about the Ahsoka though.  Hopefully she will be available again soon.

I'm also super frustrated with how Hasbro is releasing this stuff.  I've always been against exclusives from the start, but now adding in that you have 10-15 minutes to order or you miss out is a massive joke.  Isn't this what Playmates did with Star Trek?  Make so many impossible to get variants and exclusives that you eventually chase people out of the line?  Limited supply before they're even made is just dumb.  People don't get what they want and Hasbro sells far less than they could have.  Great business model.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 06:07 PM »
I'm also super frustrated with how Hasbro is releasing this stuff.  I've always been against exclusives from the start, but now adding in that you have 10-15 minutes to order or you miss out is a massive joke.   Great business model.   >:(

One thing that has really helped me is to follow Jayson's Yak Face Twitter account.  I do almost nothing on Twitter, but one of the few things I do is follow Yak Face so that as soon as pre-orders are up he sends out a tweet and if I'm not totally off the grid usually manage to get in my order.