Author Topic: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals  (Read 10104 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals
« on: January 29, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Some nice drops for TVC on the Fan Friday, unfortunately, Walmart gets the TVC "Complete the Original 96" line?  The 3 shown were: AT-ST Driver, Paploo, and Endor Leia.  Lando (Bespin) was show to be on the way later in the year, though it is not know if this will be a part of the Walmart exclusive line.

« Last Edit: September 7, 2021, 10:15 AM by Jeff »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro "Fan First" Livestream TVC 3.75" Reveals
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 12:01 PM »
Did they mention what goes for sale today at noon central?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 12:14 PM »

Just Clone Wars Ahsoka and Maul for TVC today. Not exclusives.

The livestream was enlightening. They opened with Patrick acknowledging that the ball was dropped on some preorders recently, without calling out any retailers or items. He said they will reevaluate how early they offer preorders on some items from now on. Not long after, they revealed three new ROTJ TVC figures that will be exclusive to WalMart, and said preorders will be posted later. So if you take that all into consideration, they are aware that the preorder experience at WalMart was hurting the brand, and are attempting to correct it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 12:15 PM »

I’m not positive, but I got the impression that it was just Ashoka/Maul for TVC today.

As for today’s reveals, overall pretty good. I was actually getting pretty excited about the “Complete the 96” reveals until they said they were coming to WM. I really hope the reason that those figures aren’t going up today is that Hasbro is having Wal-Mart figure things out better for these preorders.

Overall I’m pretty excited for what is coming, but WM exclusives have been kind of a disaster here locally, not sure if I’ve seen any at an actual physical store. The preorders for me have been hit and miss. Some (eventually) get here, others get cancelled. The figures that were announced, or teased in the pipeline, sound great. Glad to see Lando (finally) getting an update.

Side note, I noticed that they said Lando is “first time in the vintage collection”, so does that mean they aren’t counting the VOTC/VTSC figures in the 96 count? If so, that means we could use quite a few ANH updates (which with photo real, I’d be ok with).

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 01:01 PM »
Are any of these figures new, of just repackaged rereleases on Vintage cards?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 01:03 PM »
Are any of these figures new, of just repackaged rereleases on Vintage cards?

The Maul and Ashoka are new (up for order now).  The others are just old with the new face apps

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 04:37 PM »
Maul and Ahsoka both look really good.

Paploo?  It looks like a different Ewok.  Someone on a FB group was saying that the figure looks like Lumat with some modifications.  The AT-ST Driver looks like one from the Kmart exclusive 2-packs with photo real deco.  And I recall hearing during the livestream that Leia's headsculpt has been updated along with the deco, and the softgoods are different, too.  But it still seems to be based largely on the VTSC figure.

Glad to see IG-11 get officially confirmed.  I'm curious why Kuiil wasn't part of the presentation.  An updated Lando seems like it would have been a good idea last year.  I'm curious to see how they've updated him.  The VOTC Lando figure is what, 17 years old now?  That figure seems to be deserving of an update.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 06:25 PM »
I'll plop some money down for Paploo...I missed the Saga version and the secondary market is unreasonable.

If I see an AT-ST Driver and his face is printed correctly in place I might bite.

Leia's poncho is too poofy. I bought the 5POA one with the molded poncho and that one will continue to do for me. I took the poncho off the TSVC version to serve as General Leia, and I don't feel like spending $14 for that with a new head, since it isn't that great of a figure.

I don't do Clone Wars either, so those figures are a pass.

Bespin Lando needs to be a ground-up brand-new figure. And my TVSC IG-88 fell apart over the years, so I am not looking forward to that figure either. I bought one of the Clone Wars IG droids to fill that gap a year ago.

So, yeah, I'll get Paploo I guess.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 06:30 PM »
I’m currently traveling (family emergency) and missed the livestream.  I also missed placing orders for Ashoka and Maul on Hasbro Pulse.  Luckily, they are still available on Entertainment Earth.

I want multiples of the AT-ST driver and probably a couple of Leias....but I am not at all happy they are exclusive to Walmart.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 06:50 PM »
The livestream was enlightening. They opened with Patrick acknowledging that the ball was dropped on some preorders recently, without calling out any retailers or items. He said they will reevaluate how early they offer preorders on some items from now on. Not long after, they revealed three new ROTJ TVC figures that will be exclusive to WalMart, and said preorders will be posted later. So if you take that all into consideration, they are aware that the preorder experience at WalMart was hurting the brand, and are attempting to correct it.

I missed that part, but it would have been nice if they said they would rectify the situation by offering these on Pulse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 06:29 AM »
I’m currently traveling (family emergency) and missed the livestream.  I also missed placing orders for Ashoka and Maul on Hasbro Pulse.  Luckily, they are still available on Entertainment Earth.

I want multiples of the AT-ST driver and probably a couple of Leias....but I am not at all happy they are exclusive to Walmart.

It seemed like a cruel joke that after that whole big wind-up at the top of the livestream, the first wave of TVC figures they announced were Walmart exclusives.  WTF???
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 01:31 PM »

It seemed like a cruel joke that after that whole big wind-up at the top of the livestream, the first wave of TVC figures they announced were Walmart exclusives.  WTF???

Especially because the whole “96” thing has been something that at least the original fan base has been calling for for years. I get the need for retailer exclusives, it is just part of the business at this point, but for something like these original 96 - which are mostly repacks or refreshes with either face scan or minor updates - it seems like it would be perfectly suited as a Pulse or Fan Channel exclusives.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 02:18 PM »
You mean figures that collectors will want MIB? (IF they can survive the preorder process, that is).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 10:42 PM »
Lando (Bespin) was show to be on the way later in the year, though it is not know if this will be a part of the Walmart exclusive line.

Lando Bespin should be in the wave with IG-11 and Kuiil in Winter 2021.

Side note, I noticed that they said Lando is “first time in the vintage collection”, so does that mean they aren’t counting the VOTC/VTSC figures in the 96 count? If so, that means we could use quite a few ANH updates (which with photo real, I’d be ok with).

I think it's just more proof that they really aren't paying attention to what they are doing or have done.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 2, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Some nice drops for TVC on the Fan Friday, unfortunately, Walmart gets the TVC "Complete the Original 96" line

Can’t wait for a Walmart exclusive Sim Aloo!