Author Topic: Bad Batch (Disney+)  (Read 10288 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Bad Batch (Disney+)
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2021, 02:13 AM »
Yeah what Matt said.  I think a rebellion on Ryloth may become a bigger arc and Ryloth becoming an early alliance alligned group is old Legends stuff so that’s kinda neat to see it fleshing out. 

As always I wish I just had figures.

Seems like Cham’s Clone buddy is gonna maybe turn?  It’ll be interesting to see how Clones react to fighting against friends who aren’t really encompassed in their Order66 programming.  Maybe that doesn’t impact them as much since it’s not a Jedi.  Would be possibly why Bail was let go?🤔
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2021, 12:41 PM »
That was odd that The Bad Batch had such a small role, but I didn't mind it.  I haven't found the Bad Batch stories all that great, so mixing it up with some origin story stuff is fine by me.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2021, 01:32 PM »
I find the things going on around the Bad Batch is more interesting than what is directly happening to them most of the time.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 8, 2021, 11:48 PM »
Great episode this past week. Kamino has always fascinated me, so to see all the inner workings was really cool I thought. Bittersweet too obviously.

Speaking of figures, I am now dying for 6” Pykes. They were in my top 5 Most Wanted list for the Clone Wars line, and it was so enjoyable to see them again recently.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 9, 2021, 10:25 AM »
I'm really enjoying this show overall.  There are some episodes that are better than others, but that is to be expected.

We have gotten a good view of how the Empire took control of the Galaxy both separatist worlds like Raxxus and Republic worlds like Ryloth.

We're currently seeing how the clones are being phased out.  Still more to come on that one.

We've also gotten some more hints about what happens on Exegol setting up the Rise of Skywalker.  For the record, I don't want a full explanation of Clone Palpatine...just hints here and there.  Enough to keep the Fandom Menace flipping out that Disney has no plans to retcon the ST.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2021, 01:53 AM »
I enjoy that trolling thought. 

Rubbing out more bad batch is welcome.  The show is pretty good...  didn’t even start off terribly slow.  Loving the early TKs.  It’s solid stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2021, 03:00 PM »
Without even having seen the season finale, it has been a really solid first season for The Bad Batch.  The series has weaved a number of storylines together, from the prequels through the Clone Wars, and from there onto Rebel, the OT and those little seeds for the sequel trilogy.  It has also given a more complete picture of the underworld and how it would function during the Imperial era.

One thing that really caught my attention on Friday's episode?  The use of some of the Kamino music cues from the soundtrack for Attack Of The Clones.  It added to the atmosphere in a big way.   And seeing the not so bright and shiny details of Tipoca city was interesting too - especially seeing the lab where Clone Force 99 and Omega were created.

The twist involving Crosshair was well done.  The callback to the mirrors that he used in Clone Wars on Skako Minor required some attention to detail.  I think Crosshair taking out those droids in order to save the rest of the Bad Batch was intended to give viewers some false hop that he would reject the Empire.  But then to learn that he had his inhibitor chip removed, and that he really does view the Empire as the best option was eye opening, but not completely surprising.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 7, 2022, 12:09 PM »
New trailer just dropped.  January 4th for the next season premier.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 7, 2022, 06:11 PM »
Gungi FTW!  ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2023, 06:59 PM »
Three episodes in and I'm enjoying the show.  It's a bit darker than the other animated shows.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2023, 06:08 PM »
I'm so tired of pod racing / Resistance Racing.  These stories are all the same and so repetitive - just rinse and repeat with new characters.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2023, 08:16 PM »
I feel like everything is just sort of wasting time until they get to whatever Wanda Sykes’ character is supposed to be about…that was way too random of a cameo not to be significant.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2023, 11:03 PM »
I watched the first episode a couple weeks ago and groaned several times about how cringy it was. 

Two good guys with backs to the door holding crate when Stormtroopers open the door, yet the good guys were able to somehow spin around, take cover and stun the Stormtroopers... Stormtrooper reaction times cannot be that bad...

But I get it.  It's a cartoon aimed at kids.  I just feel like that scene in particular insults everyone's intelligence.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2023, 09:45 AM »
The season has been interesting so far.  Clearly episodes 3 and 4 were designed to focus on individuals - Crosshair and Tech.  I would expect an episode to focus on Echo at some point, too.  That seems to be something the show wants to cover in this season.

The most recent episode is leaving some more potential breadcrumbs about the nature of Cid and her relationship with the Bad Batch.  In season 1 she seemed to be helpful, but only if it served her purposes.  Grini Millegi didn't exactly come across as a good guy during his wager with Cid.  But he appears to have a code, and kept his riot racer from blasting Tech in the bar.  And he also offered advice to the Bad Batch to keep their eyes open when it comes to Cid.

The transition from Clone Troopers to TK Troopers seems to be happening faster than I would have expected.  And the desertion of Cody?  That wasn't very difficult to process in light of how Crosshair callously pulled the trigger after Cody negotiated a peaceful end to the conflict in the third episode.  I have to wonder if Cody turns up somewhere down the line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 9, 2023, 09:14 AM »
Damn good episodes this week…strong Clone Wars vibes throughout. Ian is so money.

I can’t help but think how amazing it would be if this show had its own dedicated 3.75” animated line.  :-\