Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127276 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I don't know what you guys are so upset about.  This whole thing about Dustin running for Fan Club President is only a goof, that's all.  No big deal.  And I think, between these few, jokey announcements they've got about it, and the embedded links that pop up everytime you hover over something that's even remotely marketable regarding Star Wars, their front page is just as good as it's always been:

Just The Good 'Ol Boys
Posted by Dustin on March 31, 2006 at 11:42 AM CST:
I want to give a shout out to all my Star Wars buddies in KSWCC ( Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club ) for throwing their support to the Roberts & R2 In '06 Star Wars Fan Club Presidential campaign! I try to attend a few of their local meetings thoughout the year and whenever I do it always is a great day of Star Wars collecting fun! Check 'em out online here!

Got Myspace?
Posted by Dustin on March 30, 2006 at 11:31 AM CST:
Jump on board the Roberts & R2 bandwagon!

Special Thanks To Wattographs!
Posted by Dustin on March 30, 2006 at 11:09 AM CST:
The team over at Wattographs.com has thrown their support behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 Star Wars Fan Club Presidential campaign! Wattographs if you didn't know already is a website that specializes in Star Wars autographs! If you haven't already, check them out and bookmark their site today!

Special Thanks to CommTechGuide.com
Posted by Dustin on March 27, 2006 at 07:08 PM CST:
Remember the CommTech Reader from Episode One? Well there's a website called CommTechGuide.com that specializes in this beautiful hunk of plastic! Like did you know about plans to create another CommTech reader?! Stop by and check out some of the images of what could have been right here! Special thanks to the CommTech Crew for backing the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President!

Special Thanks To Star Wars Limited Edition
Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2006 at 12:30 PM CST:
Star Wars Limited Edition deals with high end collectible news. They've unanimously decided to throw their support behind Roberts & R2 In '06! Check them out today!

Special Thanks To The Chewseum!
Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2006 at 10:46 AM CST:
The Chewseum has jumped on board the Roberts & R2 In '06 bandwagon! Similar to my very own R2D2Central.com, the Chewseum is a website dedicated to collectibles surrounding our very favorite Wookiee, Chewbacca!

Special Thanks To Yakface.com
Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2006 at 09:40 AM CST:
Thanks to my old friends at Yakface.com for puting their support behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign for Star Wars Fan Club President! As many folks know, I previously worked at Yakface.com before making the move to Rebelscum.com back in 2000. Thanks for the support guys! If you've never heard of them before (gasp!) be sure to stop by and bookmark the site today!

Special Thanks To The 3+3/4" Archives
Posted by Dustin on March 25, 2006 at 09:52 AM CST:
My man Kevin from the 3+3/4" Archives wrote in supporting my campaign for Fan Club President. If you were a toy from a bad '80s TV show, you'll find your picture here, at the 3+3/4" Archives!

Special Thanks To Deathstarplans2.com
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 09:58 PM CST:
I've gotta say I truly appreciate it when a competitor steps up and jumps on the Roberts & R2 In '06 Bandwagon! Deathstarplans2.com know what it takes to make a stand for what you belive in! Check them out here!

Special Thanks To The Star Wars Fan's Union
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 03:30 PM CST:
The Star Wars Fan's Union has given their support to the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! The Star Wars Fan's Union is a GameSpot Union dedicated to the games of the Star Wars galaxy. Click here to check them out!

Roberts & R2 In '06 Update!
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 06:21 AM CST:
Hey guys & Gals, I'm up by three but looking for a solid lead! If you haven't already, please consider subscribing or renewing your Hyperspace membership! Also, when doing so be sure to use "dustin@rebelscum.com" as the referral email address! Thanks so much I truly appreciate your support! R2 says he does too!

Special Thanks To Reviewstarwars.com
Posted by Dustin on March 24, 2006 at 03:41 AM CST:
Arnie and Marjorie from the collectibles podcast over at Reviewstarwars.com have notified R&R2 HQ that they are fully behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! Stop on over and give them a listen today!

Special Thanks To Roguedesigner.net
Posted by Dustin on March 23, 2006 at 03:58 PM CST:
Roguedesigner.net have stated their support for the Roberts & R2 In '06 by adding a banner to their website linking back to R&R2 HQ! Be sure to stop by and check our Roguedesigner.net today!

Special Thanks To OSWCC
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 11:10 PM CST:
The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club ( OSWCC ) is fully behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! If you live in Ohio and collect Star Wars, this is the place for you! Stop by and sign up today!

Special Thanks To The Emulator Strikes Back
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 10:41 PM CST:
Gotta give kudos to my good friends over at The Emulator Strikes Back. This game emulation website is fully behind the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! Drop in on them today and say hello!

Special Thanks To Lightsabre
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 08:51 PM CST:
Thanks to the staff at Lightsabre for showing their support of the Roberts & R2 In '06 campaign! Be sure to stop by and check them out! There's a lot of good interviews over there!

Special Thanks To The 501st Special Ops
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 06:00 PM CST:
The Special Ops Detachment of the Mighty 501st are backing Roberts & R2 In '06! Shouldn't you too?! Click here to find out all there is to know about what it takes to be a member of the 501st Special Ops Detachment!

Special Thanks To SWStartours.net
Posted by Dustin on March 22, 2006 at 03:30 PM CST:
Special thanks to SWStartours.net for their support for the Dustin & R2 In '06 campaign! If you enjoy Star Tours then you're gonna love this website dedicated to everything and anything Star Tours related. Former Rebelscum team mate, Kris with a "K" is the man with the plan behind this little gem on the internet! Stop by today and check it out!

Special Thanks To The Rebel Legion
Posted by Dustin on March 21, 2006 at 09:10 PM CST:
Many thanks to my good friends over at the Rebel Legion! They've jumped onto the Roberts & R2 In '06 bandwagon and are helping us blaze a path to victory! The Rebel Legion is the premier Rebel costuming group in the Star Wars community. Stop by and check them out today!

Dustin For President
Posted by Philip on March 20, 2006 at 09:39 AM CST:
I gotta say, I'm underwhelmed by the subscriptions...

Special Thanks To Astromech.net
Posted by Dustin on March 19, 2006 at 08:19 PM CST:
I'd like to take time out from the campaign trail here and recognize Astromech.net as our very first "Friends of DLR". They've taken the time to help spread the word by placing a banner on their website supporting the Roberts & R2 in '06 campaign for Fan Club President. We like to recognize those who support the mission. Please take time to see what they're all about!

Rebelscum Invades MySpace.com
Posted by Dustin on March 16, 2006 at 06:26 AM CST:
Hey everyone, I'm up and running on Myspace.com and am looking to expand my network of friends! Stop by and send an invite to join my "Inner Circle" of Star Wars buddies! You can check me out on MySpace.com right here!

Dustin For Fan Club President!
Posted by Philip on March 13, 2006 at 09:20 PM CST:
No kidding. As you know they're having a Hyperspace signup contest over at Starwars.com. We've decided to have a bit of fun with it. Read all about it here.

See?  They said themselves, they're just having a bit of fun with it.  It's all a big, tongue-in-cheek joke.  Nobody's taking this very seriously, except for you guys.  Nothing to get all bent out of shape about--and besides, there's only a month and a half of this left.

No big deal, fellas.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2006, 06:10 PM »
No big deal, fellas.

Exactly.  It's not like Philip would try and merge RS with another site, say SW.com, and become the official site.  He'd never be interested in that.  ;)

So vote for Jeff.  He's against global conspiracy.  :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:17 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2006, 08:57 PM »
Can I use my Hyperspace Access Code from the Earlier Bird Kit to register and vote? I almost used one and there was a space at the bottom of the page to imput a referal, but it said nothing about the election. Anyone think that would count? If so, I can get you three votes.

I cracked my EB kit open a month or two ago and the access code was expired.  Maybe it's only the "newer" sets that still have a valid code??

Yeah, I just discovered that today while trying to sign up. :'( Sorry Jeff. You still have one vote from me coming though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 08:58 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2006, 11:52 PM »
I'm not losing sleep over is, I'm just sick and tired of seeing the updates about this on there non-stop.  I want Star Wars news, not RS's political agenda news.  There are a hell of a lot more interesting things that they could be mentioning in their forums like someone's hard work on a collection, a custom, a photonovel, or even mentioned a good trader report.  Something good for the community and maybe giving their members an honorary mention once in a while.  Nice mentions like that do happen here a lot more, but it would be nice to see it even more often if possible.

Anyway's they've mentioned a thing about Dustin over 20 times now in less than 20 days.  It's like the media endorsing their candidate which I hate.  So I'll be glad when it's over and won't have too see a nerdy pic of him trying to look cool every time I go there.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #79 on: April 1, 2006, 01:36 AM »
I'd really love to know who uscwannabe is. I've never heard of him on StarWars.com, TheForce.net, the Galactic Senate, or anywhere else I frequent. He just came out of nowhere.

Believe it or not there are Star Wars fans who don't post on any message boards, it is possible he is among that group, though 26 votes sure is alot of votes for someone who doesn't know many people online to get.

That's what I was getting at. :)

I guess it is possible that it is someone from SW.com/Lucasfilm attempting to generate interest by making it a close race, and none of those are real votes. GL did go to USC afterall, and it saves them money to send someone they may already be sending.

Now that would piss me off. >:(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #80 on: April 1, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Check it out - Jeff is in the lead!!!!

April Fools!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 1, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Someone hurry up and win the lottery so we can buy 100 memberships and make that come true!  :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #82 on: April 1, 2006, 05:09 PM »
I checked the votes and I didn't see Jeff even on there. No Jsmentek@jedidefender.com ??? I thought you were in third Jeff according to you. Are you under fanostarwars or mkdcswcc.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 1, 2006, 05:17 PM »
I checked the votes and I didn't see Jeff even on there. No Jsmentek@jedidefender.com ??? I thought you were in third Jeff according to you. Are you under fanostarwars or mkdcswcc.

Sp does Jeff have any votes yet?

Heck yeah!  I'm tied for THIRD PLACE!   :)

Um... yeah I have 3 votes.

1. uscwannabe 26
2. dustin@rebelscum.com 20
3. fanostarwars 3

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #84 on: April 1, 2006, 07:16 PM »
thanks DSJ for clearing that up.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 7, 2006, 12:13 PM »
You know Jeff, if anything you should throw your support USC's way!! To make sure Dustin doesn't win! Is that possible?? I mean in order to catch up to Dustin or USC, it's going to take a lot of memberships, I don't see that happening, especially with them getting new memberships while you're trying to catch up!! 
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 12:14 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 7, 2006, 12:15 PM »
You know Jeff, if anything you should throw your support USC's way!! To make sure Dustin doesn't win! Is that possible?? I mean in order to catch up to Dustin or USC, it's going to take a lot of memberships, I don't see that happening, especially with them getting new memberships while you're trying to catch up!! 

She's got a point.  This campaign, though I doubt anyone ever though it would be successful anyhow, is going to fail miserably.  There is still time to shift gears and throw the support behind USCwannabe, if in fact the goal here is to keep Dustin from winning.

These are the results as of 4/7/06:

1. uscwannabe 37
2. dustin@rebelscum.com 30
3. mkDCSWCC 9
4. fanostarwars 3
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 12:17 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 7, 2006, 12:19 PM »
I mean I hate to say it, but you're not going to win. There's no chance, not unless every one of the JD folks buys a membership before the contest ends, since that's not going to happen, why not concede and throw your support to USC!! He has one hell of a chance at winning! I think he's doing a great job at keeping Dustin at arms length, even with all the campaigning Dustin's doing!

VOTE USCFan!! That is if you really want to stick it to the scum and Dustin! ;) In the end, what matters most, that you get support or that Dustin loses?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 12:22 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: April 7, 2006, 12:27 PM »
I mean I hate to say it, but you're not going to win

WHAT?!?!??  I still have a chance!!

Don't be doubting on my campaign!!   >:(

Looking back, I guess I should have been spamming the forums and the front page everyday with constant reminders...  ::)

As for USCWANNABE, he's got enough support - heck even Master Replicas is promoting him in their blog!!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 7, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Either way, a vote for Jeff or USC is a vote that Dustin doesn't get.  So in the end, you're accomplishing the same thing.