Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 132810 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #630 on: November 2, 2004, 03:39 PM »

BBTS wanted $369.99 for a master case which is sold out according to there site.

I put an order in a for a case from BBTS this morning, hope I made it in time. It was in stock when I did it of course.
I emailed Joel at BBTS the other day and he said they weren`t doing the sets this time around, just like others have reported from there.
Wish me luck at getting the chase! Me and 2 others are splitting the case.

Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 2, 2004, 03:51 PM »
Good luck.  Thanks for reporting what Joel said.  Too bad they're not doing the sets.  I love the Indy and would love to have the Jawa as well.  I've got a full case for myself, so have a shot.  Here's hoping my luck I didn't have with Indy or Boba shows up in time for the Jawa. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 2, 2004, 04:17 PM »
Good luck.  Thanks for reporting what Joel said.  Too bad they're not doing the sets.  I love the Indy and would love to have the Jawa as well.  I've got a full case for myself, so have a shot.  Here's hoping my luck I didn't have with Indy or Boba shows up in time for the Jawa. 

Good luck to you too! I was planning selling off the extras (jawas, wicket, carb blocks) but might keep the Jawas, it would be neat to have a bunch, especially the chase one to go with them :-)
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 2, 2004, 04:21 PM »
Hey all, I moved some stuff around in anticipation(sp?) of the new wave, here are some pics:
Sith Baker kubricks

Finally got Indy just in time for series 3, doh $$$
Adam

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #634 on: November 2, 2004, 04:32 PM »
Nice collection Adam, here's mine (at least as it was 4 months ago, it has since been packed up for basement remodeling, remodling that is almost complete BTW) ;)

I believe from looking at the picture, not shown include:

Jessie from Toy Story
Back to the Future Box Sets A,B,C and D
Nightmare Before Christmas Box Sets A and B
Edward Scissorhands Box Set
Ultraman Kubricks
Muppets Series 1
Marvel Series 3 (including Beaker)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 2, 2004, 04:49 PM »
Nice collection Adam, here's mine (at least as it was 4 months ago, it has since been packed up for basement remodeling, remodling that is almost complete BTW) ;)

I believe from looking at the picture, not shown include:

Jessie from Toy Story
Back to the Future Box Sets A,B,C and D
Nightmare Before Christmas Box Sets A and B
Edward Scissorhands Box Set
Ultraman Kubricks
Muppets Series 1
Marvel Series 3 (including Beaker)

Very cool, thanks for the pic!
I just got into these a few months ago, so my focus has been mainly the SW ones, gotta have priorities :-)
I want the Marvel figs next for sure and finish up the Aliens sets. Also want the Tron sets but can`t spend the $$$ right now. 400% Batman isn`t too far off either!
Where did you get that display case? I have one empty wall in my SW room and that would free up some shelving nicely...

Adam

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #636 on: November 2, 2004, 05:05 PM »
It was sold through a site affiliated with YoJoe.com a few years ago.  http://www.375toys.com/ I think it was called, they are still in business but the cases are no longer for sale

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 2, 2004, 05:42 PM »
It was sold through a site affiliated with YoJoe.com a few years ago.  http://www.375toys.com/ I think it was called, they are still in business but the cases are no longer for sale
Thanks! I`ll keep looking, bound to find something sooner or later. I saw some for hotwheels and such awhille back that might work for kubs.

Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #638 on: November 2, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Nice collection there Adam.  I think that's the first time I've seen the bootleg Speeder Bike next to the officially licensed Medicom version.  Man, you can really see the difference!  Very nice work by Medicom.  I remember how much I loved those bootleg versions when they first came out years ago, but I'm very glad there are some official versions available now.  MUCH nicer!  Still dig the cheesy knockoffs though.   8)

Scott, that'd be a decent pic there, if not for that totally STUPID Barry Bonds figure down there by the AT-AT.  Dumbass.   ::)  I trust you'll be re-wallpapering during the remodel...?   :-*
« Last Edit: November 2, 2004, 06:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 2, 2004, 06:10 PM »
Nice collection there Adam.  I think that's the first time I've seen the bootleg Speeder Bike next to the officially licensed Medicom version.  Man, you can really see the difference!  Very nice work by Medicom.  I remember how much I loved those bootleg versions when they first came out years ago, but I'm very glad there are some official versions available now.  MUCH nicer!  Still dig the cheesy knockoffs though.   8)

Oh, yeah, the kubs are way better. The bootleg speeder is funny though, buy his head keeps falling off if I have him out of the case. I like the clones, but they come with METAL guns that thier gimpy little hands don`t hold worth a crap  >:(
I want the Escape From the Death Star set for the Han and Luke stormies too, even though the chewie scares me  :o
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #640 on: November 2, 2004, 06:37 PM »
The Biker Scout's noggin falls off?  That's lame.  Think it's just an isolated issue with yours, or do you think they're all like that?  The Speeder, canned Fett, and Death Star Escape sets are the three that I still need to finish off my bootlegs.  I've just got the standard 3 (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) and the Han Carbonite.

As much as I dug these when they first came out, I KNEW I was in big trouble when I first heard that Medicom was going to start making the "real" thing.  Now, like many here at JD, it's one of my favorite lines to collect!

As for the clear display cases, another area to look into is the model railroading hobby.   They've got a lot of nice display cases that are similar in size and shelf space to what Scott's go there.  Don't recall any good links off the top of my head for those right now though...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #641 on: November 2, 2004, 08:22 PM »
Don't forget, I got a special pre-order saving from them & it was for 4 boxes not cases!  :-[

That sucks, but you never know that may be awesome. You may end up with 2 boxes with chase figures. If you happen to get 2 Chase Jawas, remember me lol.  ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 2, 2004, 09:16 PM »
Yeah, be an optimist Dale: first, they'll likely send a master case anyway, just easier.  Second, if they don't and depending on how messy they are, you could end up with four Jawas with vinyl capes :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #643 on: November 2, 2004, 11:58 PM »
Oooh, I want to play too...

Here's my slowly growing collection:

* Batman DC Box Set
* 4 Back to the Future
* SW Series 1 (no chases)
* SW Series 2 (with Indy chase, I still need to pick up White Pad trooper from my pal)
* Muppets Series 1
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 3, 2004, 04:43 AM »
I'm only opening 3 of the 4 boxes so if I have any luck like I did last time...