Collectibles > Episode 1

Does this Canceled Episode 1 Nute Gunray Look Authentic To You Guys?

(1/4) > >>

Rob:
(I'll move this to the Episode I section later, I just wanted to see if I could get some quick replies in the more active section of the forum).

I've got a chance to buy this figure... I've always wanted one... there was one on eBay a few months ago and I offered the guy $300, he balked at it and it went to auction and he sold it for $320.  I told him to let me know if the sale fell through...

Today he asks me if I'm still looking for one, wants the same $320 and sends me the photo below... His feedback is stellar, he's in China, and seems to sell a lot of prototypes and weird stuff like that.  I'm tempted to buy it, but given that he somehow has another one and I don't know how rare these are, I'm skeptical.  Do you guys see any red flags in this photo?

I found this photo of the bottom of an existing copy where it's not molded-holo style plastic on the bottom...

I also found this one where the eyes look like they shoudl be painted...

Matt_Fury:
That's one of those Hologram figures right?

IIRC, they started to release these but the first wave did so poorly, that they pulled the rest.  Gunray was in the second wave, so it's conceivable there are a lot of them, but not out in the world at large.

Rob:
Yeah, it was going to be a late Episode I figure but got canceled.  To me it looks pretty good, but I just don't know enough about scarcity or how easy it would be to fake something like this to know if it's a good use of a big purchase.

But I do want one...

Jesse James:
From a casting standpoint it would be kind of easy to fake that, especially if no paint detailing is required.  I’d check with proto groups before I’d buy for that kind of money.

Rob:
Thanks Jesse.

Any reco's on where I'd be able to find someone like that to ask? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version