Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 203636 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1320 on: July 12, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Stocked up on a bunch of $7.99 Serpents and B.A.T.'s at Target.  Looks like they're finally willing to put Joes on the pegs.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1321 on: July 12, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I picked up a Firefly (w3) and Snake Eyes (2008 w1 all black) today at K-Mart for $5.99.  K-Mart, surprise, surprise, is now the cheapest in town for Joes.  I'm sure it won't last much longer, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1322 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21 AM »
I got Joes for my Birthday Yesterday...sadly I already have most of them, so I thought before I took them back I'd let you guys have a crack at them.

I have BarbeQue, Bazooka, Ninja Ku, Hawk v2, Wildbill on the new card and Torpedo on the new card.

Let me know...

I did get the RAM and Trouble Bubble 2 pack as well..

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1323 on: July 15, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Happy belated b-day Paul!

I did get the RAM and Trouble Bubble 2 pack as well..

Do these vehicles have a street date for some reason?  None of the 4 "big box" stores in my area have these yet.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1324 on: July 15, 2008, 04:15 PM »
I have not seen the vehicles either I have them on preorder with wave 9 from EE. No signs yet.

Nice to see figures reissued but I am disappointed that they did not correct the reissue Flint's arms. I really hate the Duke arms and would like my favorite character fixed. Some say this is a non issue but I have to disagree.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1325 on: July 15, 2008, 06:22 PM »
I saw something weird today at a grocery/department store--eight pegs full of Valor vs. Venom single carded figures:

They had a bunch of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness, Tele Vipers, Sand Vipers, and Night Creepers, and a few of Dusty, Ace and Stalker.

I go into this store once or twice a month, and this is the first time I've seen them.

I suppose there was a crate in the back that somebody finally found, but there were lots of dedicated pegs with price stickers ($2.99).

Anyone else seen anything like this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:23 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1326 on: July 15, 2008, 07:34 PM »
That's an odd one.  CoolToyReview had that report about new single carded figures, with no weapons, showing up at KB and speculated they'd be in Dollar stores or grocery stores and such.  But those are on 25th art style cards.  The list of characters sounds similar, though.

I'm actually hoping to find a few because there's a Night Force Beachhead in the set using the RAH sculpt and not the new VvV or DTC style. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1327 on: July 15, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Happy belated b-day Paul!

Do these vehicles have a street date for some reason?  None of the 4 "big box" stores in my area have these yet.

Thanks!!

NO street date that I am aware of, I got mine from Smalljoes.com

Some say this is a non issue but I have to disagree.

I agree with you, the arms are terrible.  Thankfully they finally have them fixed.

I saw something weird today at a grocery/department store--eight pegs full of Valor vs. Venom single carded figures:

I saw a fresh box at KB recently too... I just assumed they were overstock from somewhere.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1328 on: July 15, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Some say this is a non issue but I have to disagree.
I agree with you, the arms are terrible.  Thankfully they finally have them fixed.

The reissue pictures shows the old arms, they did not fix them yet on the classic colors. Did you see a corrected classic Flint with the Tiger force arms? If so share the link.

FYI - I found the black hiss Tank at TRU tonight.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1329 on: July 16, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Sorry I was not more clear...as a go forward they will fix the "wrist".  Tiger Force Duke will not have suicide wrist articulation, his forearm will swivel at the shirt.

The however did not fix it in time for Falcon.

The Hasbro designer we were talking to said the "Hall of Heroes" wave Flint "SHOULD" have the TF Flint Arms.  The repacks are just that repacks. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1330 on: July 16, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Nice to see figures reissued but I am disappointed that they did not correct the reissue Flint's arms.

Are they re-releasing w1 Flint??   He's the only carded figure I'm missing and I'm not willing to pay a small fortune on eBay for him.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1331 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Nice to see figures reissued but I am disappointed that they did not correct the reissue Flint's arms.

Are they re-releasing w1 Flint??   He's the only carded figure I'm missing and I'm not willing to pay a small fortune on eBay for him.

Yes they are. It's on the new style of card, lacking the silver, but hey, it's w1 Flint.  :)

I suppose they're saving the corrected version of this Flint for a future Battle Pack or something.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1332 on: July 17, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Good to hear that he's getting another go.  Sucks about the cardback and his arms, but I'll take a $8 carded figure over a $20-$40+ carded figure anyday.  That'll do pig.  That'll do.  Yes I'm quoting a movie - not you.   ;)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1333 on: July 19, 2008, 12:42 PM »
The wrists on that Flint destroyed the figure, that was one I was going to buy until i saw it in Walmart.  The joint could have been hidden up by the rolled up sleeve.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1334 on: July 20, 2008, 12:42 AM »
I was at Target tonight and saw the DVD packs with figures.  They had the : Roadblock, Lady Jaye w/out cap (finally), Destro, creeper vines and weather dominator, and the Snake Eyes (w/ glowing feet), Timber, COBRA trooper, Baroness in scuba gear, Stalker w/ jet pack and part of the MASS device.  Each for $19.99.  Man I wish I was still collecting these figures! 

They also has the 12" Bazooka, Flint, Cobra trooper and Dusty figures/dolls.

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:29 AM by J'Quille »