Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199223 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1260 on: June 24, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Never thought they'd do Cobra La in the new line. I guess Crystal Ball and Ice Cream Soldier can't be far behind? That pack's a definite buy for me.

Not only is Crystal Ball coming, but his head is being p/rehashed for the Star Wars EU Talon Karrde figure:

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1261 on: June 25, 2008, 04:46 PM »
I thought they said they were kidding about that...

Ok JoeCon has coughed up the first great find for me....snagged the New Snow Serpent....

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1262 on: June 25, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Arrived in Frisco, TX on Wednesday morning for Joecon.  Here are some pictures.  I will be uploading more pictures throughout the convention.Joecon Pictures
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:01 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1263 on: June 26, 2008, 12:09 AM »
I was just reading through the Joecon comic and on page 30 they mention Hotwire and B.A.T.-Mech LE 500, Bullhorn and his S.W.A.T.-R.T.V. LE 400, S.W.A.T. 3-Pack with Low Light Long Arm and Shockwave LE 600. 

I took a picture.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1264 on: June 26, 2008, 12:28 AM »
Hey, I was just posting "thank yous" over on the GIJoeClub web site for your pictures!

Good info on the 3.75" lines.  I'm crossing my fingers the Low Light/Shockwave/Long Arm sets in the club store after the event.

Any word on other 12" souvenirs from the show?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1265 on: June 26, 2008, 12:18 PM »
More vehicle listings in WM's computers courtesy of hisstank

Firebat - 65356932840
Fang & Claw - 65356933557
Cobra Stinger - 65356938196
Atck Cannon Cl - 65356938195
DTC HISS
SHARC

I really wish they'd take a chance and release something a bit bigger.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1266 on: June 26, 2008, 08:23 PM »
More pictures coming now.  I was having trouble with my upload connection but now its working again.  I had to stop posting to get down to the club store early which was a lot of fun watching them set up and all. 

Just got back from the club store where I spent $700. Wasn't expecting to do that but they had some nice exclusives and surprises. I just started posting some pictures from the store. I was having trouble with my upload connection but now I'm back to uploading to my gallery.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/5197300_i9SUe

Bought:

Wave 9 case of 8 which includes Torpedo, Wild Bill and the 6 wave 9 figures.$65 - limited to 1 per person.

Doc $20 -in protector - USPS didn't mess this one up - they had about 40 or less of these.

Shipwreck/Copperhead $5 each x2 -all comic packs $5 each.
Another loose Headhunters set $145.
Club Cobra Commander $20.
Sky BAT $20.
Headhunter T-Shirt $20.
2003 Anaconda boxed set w/o cover $100 -they had 20 of them.
SWAT 3-Pack $65 each x2 - limited to 2 per person
RTV w/ Bullhorn $75 - limited to 1 per person
Hotwire w/ Mech $45 - limited to 1 per person

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1267 on: June 27, 2008, 08:18 AM »
Nice Haul.

I had the guys setting up our booth snag me the Wave 9 case.

For those not attending....pics are up at ... Hisstank.com (sorry JJ, but had to give em props)...and my partner in the store has spent time with them, so I am going to olive branch them..

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Hasbro-Dealer-Room

Cobra Extremes Troops.... Desert and Arctic  THESE LOOK AWESOME.

Pics of the Greenshirts from the Firefly vs Greenshirts pack

Desert Flint

Pilots 3 pack (like the TRU ones) with Ace, Wild Bill and Starduster
Navy/Coast Guard 3 Pack  with Cutter, Deep Six (like the single carded) and Yellow Joe Diver (cartoon style)
Iron Grenadier 3 Pack with IG Destro, IG and Sgt. Major I belive (think CG 3 pack, the SarMaj is just an IG with diff paint)

Some other Random stuff that I am sure will have stories by 2pm this afternoon at the Hasbro Presentation (I will report in after that)

They also have the Sketch/Schematics for  DUSTY!!!! and the PARA-Viper....

Star Wars picked a good year to abandon the OT for me...but I may not buy another SW fig again with these Joes..

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1268 on: June 27, 2008, 08:41 AM »
Man, just like last year, I wish some of the customs on the last couple of pages were coming - Big Boa, Sci Fi and the Techno Viper look awesome.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1269 on: June 27, 2008, 10:20 AM »
I like the reuse of the Indiana Jones truck as a Cobra vehicle.  That didn't take long. 

Love the Night Viper, Cobra Arctic Assault Squad and the 3-pack with Cutter, the diver and other fig.

But, who is this Black Banshee?  Looks like a ripoff of General Grievous.  And I'm surprised by all the Cobra-La stuff.  Never liked that back in the 80's, don't really care for it now.

Definitely some very cool stuff on the way.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1270 on: June 27, 2008, 10:34 AM »
I like the reuse of the Indiana Jones truck as a Cobra vehicle.  That didn't take long. 

But, who is this Black Banshee?  Looks like a ripoff of General Grievous.  And I'm surprised by all the Cobra-La stuff.  Never liked that back in the 80's, don't really care for it now.

Definitely some very cool stuff on the way.

E...

I think those are customs.  I'll get more info when I get to the show.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1271 on: June 27, 2008, 10:53 AM »
So is everything on the third page a custom   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1272 on: June 27, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Ah, yeah I see the Hasbro custom sign in some of the new photos.  

You know, Hisstank has some good information and it's nice to see early updates direct from the con but I have to question the usability of their site.  When every article has to have the footnote "To View the new Images click the Title Bar" maybe you're doing it wrong.  Plus, focus.

Spiderpumpkin has had some awesome shots up, though.  I'm drooling over both the 12" and 4" sets from the con this year.  Well, more specifically, I'm drooling over the 4" souvenirs.  The SWAT 3-pack, Hotwire and the RTV all look like awesome pieces.

I actually ordered the Base Commander's package and the Base Camp set last week but hadn't heard anything back about the order.  I chalked it up to them being busy getting ready for the con but now hearing that the Base Camp sold out I'm hoping my order is okay and I'll still get the set.  I'm also kind of hoping that the SWAT pack makes it to the club store but I'm not holding out too much hope of that.  If it does, though, I'm definitely ordering a set.

E...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1273 on: June 27, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Was a fun day here at the Convention.  Th e parachute drop was a lot of fun watching but I didn't catch any on the balcony of floor 2 where I was standing. 

Ron Rudat and Kirk Bozigian's 1982 In The Beginning seminar was awesome.  They had a lot to say about how the whole toy line was created.

The Hasbro seminar was ok but they weren't giving out much information other than the fact that they like variants.

The sales floor was awesome because I hit the jackpot within the first minute at one dealer.  Here's a picture of my haul.  I'm also posting video and pictures from the sales floor.  I did have a video from Thursday night but it got messed up and I couldn't recover it.  I also may have a video of the parachute drop later.  These will all be in my Joecon gallery. 

gallery

« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:45 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1274 on: June 27, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Great Haul....

Looking forward to tomorrow's Hasbro forum...Exclusives for 2008 and 2009 Mainline releases.

I am making a prediction here.....Target Exclusive Rattler...

Oh and the Bird in the first pic of page 11...that is a Dove.  They are abundant...until the First Weekend in September when you won't see any...