Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199278 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1335 on: July 20, 2008, 01:46 AM »
Found the new DVD packs at Target today.  I think most Target stores have these now but it may be hard to get someone to get them out of the back room. 

Opened them up a little while ago and the figures, accessories and DVDs are all well done. 

Really like all the figures a lot even though they are repaints for the most part. 

Baroness is my favorite of the lot.  Wish the flippers were removable.  Feet may have been too small to make this work?

Destro is awesome with chrome head. This sculpt was my favorite of all to begin with and still sets the standard for this line.

Radioactive Snake Eyes is unique and cool looking even though it's yet another SE version. 

Stalker looks cool in yellow and green camo and comes with a cool jetpack. 

Lady Jaye's new head sculpt looks a lot better then the previous prototype pictures.

Roadblock has the same awful hands and is repainted a little.  Lease favorite of mine.  Plant accessory is cool.

Cobra Soldier has the newly resculpted waist piece which really helps.  Cobra sigil on chest is way too big but is just like in the cartoon.

Weather Dominator is very nice but a couple parts don't stay together very well when handled. 

MASS Device is cool so far.  In the meantime you can take the Weather Dominator and connect that to the top of the MASS Device base until the other parts come out.

DVDs have great packaging and the DVD itself has great artwork printed on it.  Haven't watched them yet.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1336 on: July 20, 2008, 03:06 AM »
I found the DVD packs at Target yesterday also and picked them both up.  The MASS Device and Weather Dominator are pretty cool.  Can't wait to finish off the MASS Device, though.

I like the Baroness the best out of the figures with Lady Jaye a close second.  I'm glad I passed on the carded version of Jaye for this one.  The rest of the figures I could easily pass on.  Although the Cobra Soldier is a good enough army builder.  And I agree that the Destro is a nice figure, just how many Destro's do you need?

One note, if you're picking these up make sure nobody has tampered with them.  On the back where the MASS device piece is, the stands and bio cards are taped into the package above the window.  Since the window is open someone could easily reach in and take them out if they wanted...or if the tape wasn't applied right the stands, at least, could fall out.  I noticed when I got home that the stands in set 1 were loose on one side and flopping around in there and then realized they could have fallen out if the other side of the tape failed.

I'm looking forward to watching the DVD's.  Overall, though, I think $19 is a helluva deal for a movie, 3 or 4 figures and the accessories. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1337 on: July 21, 2008, 10:08 AM »
I found these DVD packs too, the value of them is unmatched. I love the Lady Jaye and Destro(they finally painted his eyes. My only complaint is that my Destro's nose was scratched, so I have to get another set of these. I really look forward to seeing this format continue. Maybe they will redo classic Flint with corrected arms in one of these packs next year. A Sgt. Slaughter would be nice too.

I also saw the new vehicles and comic packs, they do not sit on shelf for long so grab them when you see them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1338 on: July 21, 2008, 03:52 PM »
The gizmos in these packs do nothing for me as I was either too busy with my Joes or I missed the episodes.  The repaints look pretty meh so I'm not really 100% on these.  I assume the DVDs have the episodes with the gizmothingies?  That may sway my opion on these sets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1339 on: July 22, 2008, 01:34 AM »
use code UTYXOETG for $5 off $50 or more purchase.

Target.com Rattler and Conquest Pre-order

I ordered up 2 Rattlers in case I can't find them at a store.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1340 on: July 22, 2008, 01:40 AM »
Do any of you guys, and I know some are into customizing these, get into using Power Team Elite vehicles?  I know they've done some vehicles even in Joe colors, but man their Warthog would make great "wingmen" for the Rattler with very little work...  Some generic cobra pilots in there and you're doing great for a cool "ceiling" hanging set-up.

Just a thought to you Joe guys...  The PTE Humvees are pretty ideal Greenshirt transports too, or whatnot.  Cheap stuff, displays good.  Not that anyone needs more **** taking up space.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1341 on: July 23, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Hiss tank has pics of the stuff for the rest of the year...

Good luck finding Eels in the Dallas Fort Worth Area...my all time favorite Cobra Army Builder....this is going to make my VOTC Arms race with Rob look like a skirmish.

The Sky Hawk looks good... even the Matt Trakker from MASK looks good.  There are some dogs in the group, but overall I'll be ok with it all.  I think it is the euphoria over the Eel though...perhaps I will get more critical.

An odd thing though...the Tan Flint that was part of the Ultimate Battle Pack then NOT part of it...is in the Case with the UBP again...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1342 on: July 23, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Do any of you guys, and I know some are into customizing these, get into using Power Team Elite vehicles?  I know they've done some vehicles even in Joe colors, but man their Warthog would make great "wingmen" for the Rattler with very little work...  Some generic cobra pilots in there and you're doing great for a cool "ceiling" hanging set-up.

Just a thought to you Joe guys...  The PTE Humvees are pretty ideal Greenshirt transports too, or whatnot.  Cheap stuff, displays good.  Not that anyone needs more **** taking up space.

I've been thinking about it quite a bit.  I prefer most of those "real world" designs over quite a bit of the vehicles from GI Joe actually.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1343 on: July 23, 2008, 10:35 PM »
My local Target did their reset, and now they have six pegs for the basic figures. You know, they really seem to have a sense of humor since they've never, ever received more than two cases at one time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1344 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47 PM »
My local Target did their reset, and now they have six pegs for the basic figures. You know, they really seem to have a sense of humor since they've never, ever received more than two cases at one time.

You made a funny!  Unfortunately   ::)     I've never seen any of the 4 "big box" stores stock more than a case or two at a time.  Kinda sucks seeing empty pegs each and everytime you visit these stores which isn't always such a pleasure.  Hasbro has acknowleged the fact that shipments were light months and months ago and they said that they would up the anty, but no dice.  I'm caught up though, so I'm not complaining, but I can understand as a wave (box) of figs can be gone in one single swoop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1345 on: July 24, 2008, 08:29 AM »
I get scared and excited at the same time with empty pegs...

When I walk by the overloaded pegs (and endcaps) of Indiana Jones stuff, I know that line has an unneccessary death coming, and mostly because the first two waves are SO ubiquitous that there is no way the next wave will see retail in my area.

I know the demand/legs of GI JOE vs Indy cannot be considered the same but still, I do prefer empty to over full.  I don't want empty all the time because as we have all experienced, if they can't keep stuff on the pegs, they will just eliminate the pegs no matter how hot demand is. 

But enough of that...how bout pics I found of stuff that I cannot wait to have in my Mits....sorry JJ but HISStank gets the props, they had the images up yesterday by the time I got home... Yojoe.com has some great images too.

Those are the highlights for me...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1346 on: July 24, 2008, 09:37 AM »
That EEL kicks all kinds of ass.  It's awesome.  I don't know about that Zartan, though...I'll have to see one in person.  The inclusion of the swamp speeder, however, finally justifies the $8 price tag these things are gettng.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1347 on: July 24, 2008, 10:34 AM »
I'm down for the EEL and Airborne, they look great.  I'll probably buy the Mainframe and Scrap Iron comic packs just to get those figures.  Passing on everything else.  I don't have room for the vehicles and don't want any of the repaint/pilot/cobra dressed released figures.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1348 on: July 24, 2008, 02:36 PM »
I'll be buying Airborne, as he was my favorite Joe...  He'll look good with Firefly, my favorite Cobra, on the TV stand.

The Eel is everything I wanted as a kid...  The removable brain bucket and gear...  Incredible looking figure.  Maybe the best one pictured overall.  Is Airborne wearing a chopper helmet (I see a mic there) as opposed to his old camo netted helmet with goggles?  Looks like they mixed that up some to change it on the cardback and then on the figure also.

No problem Paul...  :)  They seemed to have the problem with us, not the other way around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1349 on: July 24, 2008, 03:48 PM »
Lots of good stuff coming out.  This line continues to impress me.  Glad to see a few more vehicles in the mix as well.  Still hoping we get one of the larger jets or something around Christmas time.

Question - the Techno Viper (custom, or no?)  The Vipers were always my elite Cobra team as a kid and it's nice to see another one out there.