Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 207715 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1380 on: August 3, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Why did they change the name from Nemesis Enforcer to the current Nemesis Immortal?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1381 on: August 4, 2008, 10:25 AM »
I saw a lot of new Joe stuff around town this weekend, but had to pass on it since I'm still recovering from all the SW spending lately.  I saw the first two DVD packs (Target/TRU), the vehicle packs (TRU), new comic packs (Target), and new figures (Target).  All told, I was tempted to get some of all of it, but I just grabbed the new BBQ figure.  That was one of my favorites as a kid.  If they are still there, I might grab the DVD packs this week.  I wouldn't mind seeing some episodes of Joe again, and some of the figures (Lady Jaye, Stalker, etc.) I passed on the earlier versions.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1382 on: August 4, 2008, 11:34 AM »
What's the third DVD battle pack?  I thought there were only two out right now.

E...

Pretty sure he was reffering to Target, TRU, WM.

Ah, you're right.  I wasn't reading it correctly.

I picked up the two DVD packs a couple of weeks ago and about a week ago I watched the MASS Device cartoon.  I remember seeing it when it was first on TV but now watching it again, doesn't really hold up.  It's just a little bit goofy.  All the "COBRAAAAA!" and "YO JOE" yelling got on my nerves after a while.  And I noticed some really bad animation mistakes in the show.  I still have to watch the other movie eventually.

Anyone hear about the new cartoon debut that was shown at the GI Joe convention and SDCC, will we get to see that online anywhere?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1383 on: August 4, 2008, 03:08 PM »
I found the new comic packs (Along with the SW ones) at WM. I picked up the Tripwire and Black Helmet Destro packs. I wanted to get the Falcon but the paint jobs on the two they had were horrible so I passed for now. I will get that pack later. Some guy in the store was going bonkers that I found the Black Helmet Destro, I did not know that was a chase figure. Low and behold that pack is fetching $40-50 on eBay.

So after seeing that I decided to be an opportunist bastard and sold it on eBay for $45 to pay for my loot with somemoney left over to get that pack again. I really did not care for another Destro anyway and only bought it for the trooper. Glad I did not open it, after the 7/26 haul I need to help the toy finances out. I dropped 1K in less than 2 weeks.

Don't Taze me BRO!!!...for selling it!

The Tripwire pack is really nice, but I do not see the hub-bub over these new Larry Hama comics included in the recent packs, so far all of them suck Viper balls. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2008, 03:09 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1384 on: August 4, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Spent a good chunk of my time on Saturday applying all of the stickers to the new vehicles.  I really dig the aspect of being able to do what with these things (again) even though most of you despise it.

Anybody's order ship out from HTS?  I was told mine would be shipping by end of business day and well - it's end of business day and no dice.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1385 on: August 4, 2008, 07:27 PM »
BBTS shipped out my 2 cases of wave 9 today.  I ordered the ones with 2 BATs and 2 Snow Serpents. 

BBTS also posted some new case assortments. 

Wave 11 Internet Exclusive Case

Troop builder case

Repack case

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1386 on: August 5, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Got my shipping notice this morning from HTS.  I really hope they screw up and give me one blue and one black CC as I've been hearing reports of this on other sites.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1387 on: August 5, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Spent a good chunk of my time on Saturday applying all of the stickers to the new vehicles.  I really dig the aspect of being able to do what with these things (again) even though most of you despise it.

I do not despise it at all. I wish they were really old school style where you actually assembled it yourself! That was the best part about Joes back in the day! The little guttersnipes of today are too lazy and impatient to handle the model kit aspect. Out of all of the kids who bought the vehicles I would be curious to know how many great sticker sheets got thrown away.

Interesting that wave 11 is Internet only, some make sense for that. I order them by the case online anyway.
On a different note, I am really disappointed with EE they still have not shipped my wave 9 cases and my vehicles yet. This stuff is in stores and has been. They were really good about wave 7 & 8...maybe I will try BBTS this time.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1388 on: August 5, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Got my shipping notice this morning from HTS.  I really hope they screw up and give me one blue and one black CC as I've been hearing reports of this on other sites.

Really? I have 4 CC on the way in two separate shipments I will keep my fingers crossed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1389 on: August 5, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Looks like the new TRU BP's are hitting.

This is a serious strain on my wallet now that SW is back in full swing.  Still haven't had an oppurtunity to pick up the AT-TE or Falcon.   :-\

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1390 on: August 5, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Got both of my orders to HTS today.  One was for one each blue and black Cobra Commanders and the other was for the Disturbance in the Force set.

The CC figures are nice, I didn't realize the card art was different for them and that's a nice touch.

Question on that wave 11 case, is that just an Internet exclusive mix or is all of wave 11 exclusive to etailers?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1391 on: August 5, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Got both of my orders to HTS today.  One was for one each blue and black Cobra Commanders and the other was for the Disturbance in the Force set.

The CC figures are nice, I didn't realize the card art was different for them and that's a nice touch.

Had no idea the card art was different, but I am colorblind so I don't blame the employees for flubbing.  Also - it pisses me off that I'm at the front lines at HTS right after Comicon for several hours, but I always receive my order a week or so after most folks, which again.  This is totally besides the fact that they steal stuff right out of my cart while their site is crashing over and over again.....meh.   >:(

Question on that wave 11 case, is that just an Internet exclusive mix or is all of wave 11 exclusive to etailers?

I have the same question.....with a happy face   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1392 on: August 6, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I found the new wave at Target today, so I went ahead and picked them up.  I had them preordered at HTS, but I figured I would save the shipping and cancel that order.  I was surprised that they still had them all, but I grabbed Barbecue the other day, and today got Bazooka, Hawk, Snow Serpent, and the B.A.T.  I think (hope) that for the most part, I'm done with this line (just due to not being able to afford all of this stuff right now), aside from the DVD Battle Packs - which are a decent deal (and I want the DVDs).  There seems to be new Joe stuff showing up all over town now, at all of the "Big 3".

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1393 on: August 6, 2008, 04:05 PM »
This is the first wave where the army builders get immediatly plucked.  I've seen oceans of Vipers, Cobra Troopers, and Crimson Guard - the H.I.S.S. Driver being a tad more elusive.  The B.A.T. and the Serpent are actually my favorites of this line thus far so I'm hoping to find a few more before w10 starts shipping.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1394 on: August 6, 2008, 05:52 PM »
Brian,

Did you pass on the Ninja Ku?  I see him a bit more around here than the BAT and Snow Serp (which I've seen once at retail) but he is still hard to come by for some reason.