Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 360295 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1605 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30 PM »
Yeah, you should see a handful including a Tusken Raider in the future.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1606 on: June 5, 2007, 01:23 PM »
Zuckess and Jango should be available via Diamond vendors this week.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 14, 2007, 09:40 PM »
It's been a month of Gentle Giant madness here...  First the 3 busts from C-IV came in the mail.  Then Zuckuss, Jango, and Obi-Wan arrived on consecutive Wednesdays at my local shop.

Then today I find out I won the raffles for Malak and Gree busts.

So, if anyone manages to pick up an extra Neyo and wants to trade - both can be had for a lone Neyo.

If that doesn't work, I'm going to be looking to trade Gree for Bacara or Bly, and Malak for Mara Jade.

Just throwing it out there.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 14, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Congrats Rob, no such luck on my part.

My Gree did show up here though, courtesy of Beth and it is quite nice.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: June 14, 2007, 11:05 PM »
It's a mixed bag.  On one hand I'm happy about it because I have some Gentle Giant trading power now. 

On the other hand, I feel rotten about having two of each of these, and not selling them at cost to someone who's looking for them.

But I'll be damned if I'm paying $250 or $350 for Neyo.  And I want one.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 14, 2007, 11:20 PM »
I wouldn't feel too bad were I you.  It's not like you're going to find a pile of people parting with something for cost, though some do (some do even more than that).  Plus it was a raffle, you put in your ticket and took a shot.  It's not like you went out trying to find one just to plop on ebay.  I think combining the raffle with the desire to trade is perfectly reasonable.  Had you been at C4 and scammed 8 of them, well, that's different. 

I'm not sure anyone will go for the trade Neyo-Gree, but all you can do is ask, right?  Isn't Neyo only 1000 pieces?  Not sure how you'd hook up with a guy in Japan to do that though, not a lot around (yeah, I asked my bud, but he's tapped by other people too, so if I even get one, I'm lucky). 

Neyo and the England exclusive are the raffles where I'm crossing my fingers.  If I don't get them, I'll happily live without them, just like the AOTC clones. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 14, 2007, 11:23 PM »
Incidentally, I didn't notice this posted anywhere, so the edition sizes for the Guard busts are:

6667 - Royal Guard
3333 - Senate Guard

I'm interpreting that as the red guard 6667 and the blue 3333.  Neither of those edition sizes cause me any concern.  I do think they'll sell better than the more recent 10,000 plus size editions like Yoda and Vader, but obviously they'll sell out at closer to retail pricing.  3500 to me is pretty abundant, at least if you're around and buying it within a month or two of the release.  6500+ is downright plentiful and easy to come by.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: June 14, 2007, 11:34 PM »
For what it's worth Brent, the Gree for Neyo thing is Gree and Malak for Neyo - and yeah, it's still a long shot finding someone with an extra Neyo who wants the deal but it doesn't hurt to try.  The edition size on Neyo is 1500.  800 at Blister, 200 raffled, and 500 in the 5-pack.

I'm mostly hoping to win the raffles for Neyo.  Hopefully it all goes well one more time.

As for London and Bly, I've got two people, one in Spain and one in Belgium who insist that they're going to get an extra Bly, and they want to trade for Cody.  So I'm hoping to land a pair of Cody's as well.

Rough stuff trying to assemble a set of these.

As for the Royal Guards - looks like they did that anticipating that some people will want 2 Reds.  I'll be happy with 1 of each, and at 3333 and 6667, I don't think either will be too hard to come by.  The shop I've been buying from refuses to guarantee orders, but insists that they've never been unable to fill a pre-order.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 14, 2007, 11:55 PM »
Sorry about that, you clearly stated both, my poor interpretation there and that's a very nice deal really.

I'm probably ok on Neyo, if my Japanese friend comes through (he may or may not) but I am flat out screwed on Bly.  I've no contacts on that side at all so it's raffle or bust for me there.  Bacara is the same way. I'd trade my Malak for Bacara or Bly, though I realize those are somewhat unlikely to happen too. 

The Royal Guards?  Red only for me.  Aside from Clones and Maul, I don't own any PT busts.  At least none I can recall owning.

I can't complain about the raffles too much.  I've only scored the b/w Vader and 3PO maquettes, only one of which I needed (Vader) but it filled a hole I really wanted to fill.  Not winning Gree/Malak doesn't bother me much really. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 16, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Anyone a PG Member and not interested in the Neyo bust? It goes up for raffle next Friday and I'm looking for one. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 16, 2007, 11:29 PM »
It goes up already?  When's the Japanese event?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 16, 2007, 11:49 PM »
The Gentle Giant Blister event Tokyo was held on June 16th, today. Look at the whats on the bay. Oy!

The raffle for Neyo will be held next Friday the 22nd.

From the GG Blog:

"We will be starting the Premiere Guild Member raffle for the Gentle Giant @ Blister Event Tokyo exclusives next Friday.

Commander Neyo mini bust - 200 pieces for raffle
Star Wars Animated Luke Skywalker Black and White Maquette - 250 pieces for raffle

An email will be sent out to Premiere Guild Members with links and info at that time.

Thanks,
Gentle Giant Ltd."

Good luck.  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32 AM »
Already, huh?  Wow.  GG is just not letting up on the pace of the releases.  I just got my Ben Kenobi bust this past thursday.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 17, 2007, 03:42 AM »
I've got a deal going down for a Neyo right now.

A guy was offering them up on eBay for $220 plus shipping.  So, I offered him my Gree and Malak in trade, to which he replied that he didn't really want Malak.

So this  other guy PM's me and offers me $225 for my Gree and Malak - which I could then use to buy his Neyo.  So I did it.  He's pointed me towards an unspectacular, but positive eBay feedback, and a verified premier account on Paypal.  The name on which matches his Yahoo email name.

He's also posted pictures of the 16 Neyos he says he got.  He's been real friendly in the emails and tells me he'll be mailing out Monday or Tuesday and will get me a tracking number.

So, hopefully this is all legit.  If it is, I managed to land Neyo for the price of Gree, Malak, and shipping.  Which given the prices on eBay at the moment, is cheap.  If I win the raffle, I'll try to trade for Bly or maybe ESB Vader or something like that.  Worst case scenario I guess is that I file a claim with Paypal if things fall apart.  That or I'm out about $150.

My first approach was to email eBay sellers and see if they wanted to swap Malak and Gree for a Neyo, and two said yes - but they both wanted me to just mail my figures to them and then once they got them they said they'd send Neyo.  Maybe that's all legit too, but it seemed less risky to just send a guy cash through Paypal and hope for the best. 

Fingers crossed.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 18, 2007, 07:07 PM »
I'm hoping that between the raffle and the 5-pack that those might be enough options to get the Neyo bust.  I'm going to hold off on trying to get one from the secondary market until both of those options have been exhausted.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback