Author Topic: Star Wars: Outlaws an Open World Star Wars Game from Ubisoft  (Read 11309 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Cinematic trailer.

Gameplay Walkthrough.

This game has some serious potential!  I'm hopeful for the future now that EA no longer has it's stranglehold over Star Wars games.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars: Outlaws an Open World Star Wars Game from Ubisoft
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 12:46 AM »
I’m very impressed and excited. :)

For some reason I was thinking this was way further out. It’ll be interesting to see how similar the release version is next year. I’m a big Assassin’s Creed fan, but I’m not always thrilled with UbiSoft. They are still going to be an improvement over EA. Hopefully this game ushers in a new era for Star Wars gaming with lots more quality games from a bunch of different studios.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Outlaws an Open World Star Wars Game from Ubisoft
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2024, 01:50 PM »
Story trailer.

Release date: 30 August 2024.

Platforms:  PC, PS5, X-Box Series X/S.

Looks good, my only fear is that by the third mission, your character will unlock the ability to be a Jedi.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
Anyone else playing this game?  I'm about 30 hours in and most of that has been doing side contracts and exploring the different planets.  I'll get to the actual story eventually!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Despite my initial excitement, I decided to wait to pick it up for awhile after seeing some of the initial reviews and knowing Ubisoft's record with buggy games at launch. The last few Assassin's Creed games were super buggy at launch, but they got patched over the next few months after launch. I'd rather wait until that happens with Outlaws to play more of a complete game.

I ended up deciding to play Witcher 3 instead. I already owned it, had gotten it for free, and had never played it. Currently, that feels like the right choice. However, I am still looking forward to playing Outlaws one of these days.
"This is the way."