Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 586584 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Rebelscum
« Reply #3660 on: August 28, 2007, 07:31 AM »
But that guy "tenike1" brought the community to a new low. 

Amen to that. I'm glad he hasn't been active for awhile, I was getting real tired of his melodramatic dribble. Still, his strange Hasbro conspiracy theories were entertaining.

I'm almost sure he's been banned, or at least suspended without a reactivation date.  I hope that dude's parents have him on meds.

Is this the guy who went off on a rant about Hasbro making the Darth Malak figure?  There was someone on RS who was acting like it was the end of the world that Hasbro was making Darth Malak and Darth Raven figures.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 28, 2007, 03:16 PM »
But that guy "tenike1" brought the community to a new low. 

Amen to that. I'm glad he hasn't been active for awhile, I was getting real tired of his melodramatic dribble. Still, his strange Hasbro conspiracy theories were entertaining.

I'm almost sure he's been banned, or at least suspended without a reactivation date.  I hope that dude's parents have him on meds.

Is this the guy who went off on a rant about Hasbro making the Darth Malak figure?  There was someone on RS who was acting like it was the end of the world that Hasbro was making Darth Malak and Darth Raven figures.

Yes, that was probably him. Usually if a figure wasn't up to his high standards he went on a rant about it, usually managing to include how he didn't like funding Hasbro's "steak dinners" too.

Offline blimpyboy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Gamorrean lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 28, 2007, 04:43 PM »
As bad as it is, I can't help but seeing that guy on a roof top some day with police on the ground blaring on loudspeakers, "You have every reason to live!"  Getting that worked up over a goddamn action figure - wow.  Who cares?

By the way, Reid, I love the quote in your sig.  "Our suffering."  If the only "suffering" in his life is because Darth Malak isn't up to his standards, he has it pretty good.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 8, 2007, 11:10 PM »
One word: Fornication.

::)

Wuher's is certainly getting interesting over there.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: February 5, 2008, 03:57 PM »
More words of wisdom:

"Get back on topic or we're going to be enjoying the forums without a few members here." - PW
I remember my dream now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: February 5, 2008, 06:07 PM »
In all fairness, some of the guys in that thread are a pain in the ass and I'm sick of reading most of their posts.  Unfortunately, we're forced to read through them to get to the meaningful information in the various threads.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: February 5, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Links people! 

What are we even talking about?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: February 5, 2008, 07:05 PM »
It appears that RS attracts the occasional troll.  Shocking.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: February 5, 2008, 07:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3669 on: February 5, 2008, 08:01 PM »
OMG.

LOL.

Really, most days I forget that Scum exists, be it for better or worse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: February 6, 2008, 02:07 PM »
I love it when this thread gets bumped because I get to look back at my posts from 5 years ago and see how much my style has evolved.

Rebelscum? I could care less...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3671 on: February 23, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Want to read one of the most obnoxious and smug articles of all time?

Dave "True Fan and Photojournalist" Myatt Recaps Toy Fair

Some highlights...

Maybe they just need to be seen in person to be appreciated, but I can’t fathom how a true Star Wars fan could possibly not like toys that look exactly like the source material… especially if said toys are super articulated. Of course, in the 7 years I’ve been on the Rebelscum team, I’ve grow quite accustom to the perpetual negative sentiment in our community, but since most of the negativity is said while hiding behind online handles and everyone still buys everything despite their negative statements, I guess the truth behind it all speaks volumes

I guess I'm not a true fan :-X

On the media front we saw a lot of new faces, and the lack of familiarity did have its own intrinsic problems. You see, when it comes to visiting the bigger companies, the Internet media is often are bundled in with the fan sites and pushed through like a bunch of sweaty cows with cameras. Those of us who have been photographing beside one another for years (I’m referring to you Steve, Adam, Paul, and Mike) have built a good report and have learned to work together and through common courtesy and respectful communication. As such, all of us get good photos. This year we had a slew of would be photojournalists who were only concerned about their own photography and their lack of experience and respect for others slowed the process completely. To all these people, I really can’t stress how much they can improve their ability to work through a display by learning their equipment before an event. Practice makes perfect, and with rooms full of toys in your houses all you need is the will to take the time to learn your craft before jumping into the photo pits.

Don't mess with a master photojournalist :-X ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:19 PM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: February 23, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Master journalist indeed.  Report/Rapport.  English, shminglish, why worry about getting the words right, after all.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: February 23, 2008, 09:14 PM »
He must go into everyone's homes to see people's collections to make sure they've bought every single figure after someone says something negative about it. -Sincerely Negative Nellie
I remember my dream now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: February 23, 2008, 11:06 PM »
I'm always surprised that Dave can look up long enough to type a post...you know, what with all the Sideshow dick sucking he's normally involved with.  And when did he become D. Martin anyway? 

I've never had much use for Dave, I don't like him from what I've read in his posts and articles over the years.  As much respect as I have for Dan Curto, I refuse to read CoolToyReview.com because of Dave's affiliation with the site.  I go to John's ToyTraderz.com site for my non-Star Wars news.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"