Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232073 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2008, 05:01 PM »
HEY!  The little fighter thing looks just like the escape ship at the end of ALIEN!  Now I need Ripley!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2008, 05:13 PM »
If these two kick arse vehicles are going to be available in July... is anyone actually going to want to buy the animated figures?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Wow, I've been away all day and I come home to find front and back of box shots?!?  Very nice... :)

I'm buying one.  I don't care if it's $100 or $150 or $200.  This falcon is, without a doubt, my very most favorite-ist modern Hasbro item ever.

Goodbye Hoth Diorama table, hello Docking Bay 94 display.   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2008, 07:25 PM »
This is the most excited I have been for a Star Wars toy EVER.  Seeing the front and back photos of the box and knowing just how cool this thing is going to be just adds to the excitement of seeing the loose photo yesterday.  Kudos, Galactic Hunter, for showing the photos to us all. :)

And how is Hasbro going to deny this now?  If they go into "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND CAN NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY FALCON EXISTS IT IS ALL ONE BIG JEDI MIND TRICK BEING PLAYED BY THE INTERNETS AND YOUR GRANDMOTHER" mode with the next Q&A (when I'm sure a lot of "We've seen the picture, har har har" questions will slip in), can we pretty much confirm that it's going to be a Target exclusive given the track record of their "NO REPLY TO THIS ITEM CTRL-ALT-DEL ERROR!" responses regarding the Shuttle and UBPs?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2008, 07:55 PM »
I am pretty damn excited by these shots on GH.

I don't mind spending $150 on this. This isn't the Falcon you suspend from the ceiling with spare figures in it (do that with the POTF2 release!) - this is the Falcon you leave out on display with your VOTC figures in it.  ;D

I'm kinda confused with the smaller ship that's hidden inside the Falcon. I can't imagine that it cost them less to develop this ship than it would have to develop another compartment for the figures to reside in. I guess this is Hasbro throwing a bone to the kids who will use it as a "base" and then go on "adventures" with the smaller ship.

I am surprised that they are going to have this on the shelves at the same time as the AT-TE. Seems like a big gamble Hasbro is taking here. I can't help but think that sales would have been better on both if they had staggered them by 6 months.

Seems kinda weird that they said NOTHING about this at Toy Fair. Perhaps that's just me.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2008, 08:34 PM »
This is a lot more than I expected (I wasn't expecting anything, really) and you really have to hand it to Hasbro for what looks like a knock out.  I'm a little suprised it is coming in July, and wondering if it's exclusive.  I can't see it being one, but I can't see two such large pieces being available at the same time either.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2008, 08:39 PM »
<snip>
can we pretty much confirm that it's going to be a Target exclusive given the track record of their "NO REPLY TO THIS ITEM CTRL-ALT-DEL ERROR!" responses regarding the Shuttle and UBPs?

There is absolutely nothing to indicate this item is an exclusive to Target.  Hasbro denies all sorts of things, like the Delta Squad pack for example.  It doesn't have to be a Target exclusive to warrant verbal smoke-and-mirrors.  Target will carry it, but they carry almost everything.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2008, 10:14 PM »
I'm kinda wondering if this thing was slated for 2007, but didn't quite make it.  It would have been the perfect 30th Anniv. centerpiece.  Now we've got tow 100.00 items in one year?  Was this really the plan? 

Do I really care?  I want that ship!

Just looking at the hi-Rez pics...if you look under Luke in the Training Remote shot, there's a floor panel that's the shape of the one that Han is in when the hydrospanners fall on him.   Could this come offf?

Also, in the Gunner Station photo, there looks to be a hinge on the circular door to the left, which would lead under the engine section.  Maybe this is the little repair area for Chewie and R2?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:25 PM by speedermike »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Addressing two issues here...

1. I don't know where you guys see these kids that gravitate towards prequel figures. During ROTS, I heard kids constantly asking "Where are the Luke figures?" and last year I saw lots of kids buying Stormtroopers and other OT main characters.

2. I HIGHLY doubt this will be out in July, otherwise we would have heard something. No way Hasbro would sneak something like this onto the shelves. If it does come out then, I will gladly eat my words. I'll also be skipping on the AT-TE.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2008, 11:08 PM »
I have all but stopped collecting...but I am so getting this!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Didly, just the other day I saw a kid with Gree in his hands.  As I was digging through figures I came acros the Kasyyyk trooper, and showed him.  He went nuts, and ran off to ask mom if he could get both.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Addressing two issues here...

1. I don't know where you guys see these kids that gravitate towards prequel figures. During ROTS, I heard kids constantly asking "Where are the Luke figures?" and last year I saw lots of kids buying Stormtroopers and other OT main characters.

My nephews who are 4 and 7 are much more into Anakin, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul than any of the OT characters.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2008, 12:49 AM »
Some kids like the OT, some PT, some both, some neither.  But overall most prefer the prequels I think.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I'll be very curious to see the next round of Q and A responses (because you know they'll get questions on this) regarding this Falcon.  We've gotten a DCPI, price, release date info, front and back box pictures, and a nice hi-res loose shot of this - is Hasbro still going to deny it?  Also, if it isn't an exclusive (which would be surprising anyways), and it is coming in July, why are they being so hush-hush about it.  Obviously, almost everyone is excited about this, and with an item this big (and pricey), you would think it might be a good idea to get the word out about it.  We all like this Hasbro, and want to buy it, just tell us about it "officially" already :).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2008, 02:06 PM »
I'll be very curious to see the next round of Q and A responses (because you know they'll get questions on this) regarding this Falcon.  We've gotten a DCPI, price, release date info, front and back box pictures, and a nice hi-res loose shot of this - is Hasbro still going to deny it?  Also, if it isn't an exclusive (which would be surprising anyways), and it is coming in July, why are they being so hush-hush about it.  Obviously, almost everyone is excited about this, and with an item this big (and pricey), you would think it might be a good idea to get the word out about it.  We all like this Hasbro, and want to buy it, just tell us about it "officially" already :).

I couldn't agree with you more. It's not like we can or would do anything to them if they continued to deny it, but come on.... With all of this evidence, if they were a criminal put to trial, they'd have been found guilty the moment it went to the jury for a verdict.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010