Author Topic: "Duel of the Sith" - Chapter 4 Preview Pic - 10/11  (Read 7083 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
"Duel of the Sith" - Chapter 4 Preview Pic - 10/11
« on: February 24, 2006, 12:22 AM »
I've been thinking about trying a photonovel to give some of my customs a "purpose"  Anyway, I've got an idea involving the a side story of Darth Plageous, Darth Sidious and the "Phantom Menace"  We'll see if this goes anywhere but here is a preview pic.  Be kind its my first attempt at photoshop special effects :)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:00 PM by BrentS »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Unnamed Photonovel - preview pic
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Nice work, Brent. You did a good job of making this a very mysterious tease. Had you not let on that your novel was about Darth P. I never would have guessed :)

What is he hitting with the force lightning there? Or is that part of the mystery? :)

Can't wait to see what you do with this.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like a really good idea. You could show how Darth P used the midi-chlorians to make Anakin. (That actually hapened.) I'd really like to see you put this into production.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 11:12 AM »
This looks good to me too.  Much, much better than my first attempts at this stuff and probably better looking than what I come up with now.  Looks interesting!

:P

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Nice and mysterious.
It kind of looks like he is frying a coffee pot though.  ;)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 12:09 PM »
...Be kind its my first attempt at photoshop special effects :)

First attempt? Damn, dude. That's pretty ******* good for a first attempt!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 02:55 PM »
PenDragon - thanks for the compliments - to be honest, I've used Photoshop quite a bit in the past but it was the first time I was playing with trying to create lightning, etc.

Since I don't know how quickly I'll actually get this fleshed out here are some details...

Darth P is working on a Sith Holocron and I do hope to tie it to Sidious, Anakin, and a few custom Jedis that I'm planning on making.  This preview picture is more of a "prequel" to where the actual story will pick up. 

I haven't really written anything down and most of this is still floating around in my head.  I'll have to find a way to tie it all together somehow.

In the end, I want to use this story as spring board for my jedi main character but he may not actually be the main character in this chapter of the photonovel.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and encouragement.  We'll see where this goes....

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 03:02 PM »
I'm no ace at this, but I would recommend that you go ahead and start sketching out things like timelines, casts of characters, etc. It helps, and it motivates you.

I was thinking about K.O.E. Chapter 1 for MONTHS. Then I started scribbling and idea here and an idea there, and it really motivated me to flesh it out for a PN. Same thing with Chapter 2. I didn't have time, so I put off the prep work. Once I starter writing down ideas I stayed motivated and things moved a lot faster.

I can't wait to see how you try to tell this one. It - to me - has the potential of being either the greatest aspect of the Star Wars legend still left untold or the most Matrix Reloaded aspect in that at some point you just stop getting it. :)

I'm willing to bet you keep it from getting too complicated.

Best of luck!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 02:03 AM »
Definitely making some headway on my upcoming photonovel.  Here are a few preview pics that will definitely make Chapter 1:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Unnamed Photonovel - preview pics Updated 3/11
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Brent, those are definitely some great previews.  I'm pretty excited about these.  Your new species alien looks great talking to a Jawa, and the Tusken looks mean as hell (looks like he has a Thermal Detonator gun and just killed a Jawa).  I also like the Gonk pic.  Wow!

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Wow, great previews!!!

The shots are excellent!  The tatooine desert looks amazing!  Nice to see some great customs, terrific sets and, last but not least, excellent lighting!

Well done!  Can't wait to see the finished product!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 10:56 PM »
All of these are *very* good! You definitely have my hopes up for your PN.

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 02:53 AM »
That photography turned out very nicely.  I like it a lot!  The real sand makes a big difference in selling the pictures.  Also, I really like that one alien with the Jawas.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Excellent preview shots, Brent -- love your use of real sand in the desert scenes.  That Tusken sure looks scary!  What's going to be his connection to Plagueis and Co.?

Can't wait to see where this goes -- looks like you're off to a great start. :)

... the Findswoman

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Thanks for all the great comments.  I'm a little worried that the finished product will not live up to the billing.  Maybe I shouldn't offer up any more previews  ;D

I think using real sand was key for these shots.  I aslo had to play around with my portable lamp to get the lighting to work out.  I'm very happy with how the backdrop images came out (especially the one with the Gonk).

I hope the story I'm thinking of will be at least reasonably believeable.  But I have to be honest, this process is more just about me playing around in the hobby and giving some of my customs a purpose!  By the way, my wife thinks I'm plan nuts. 

As far as the connection to Darth Plagueis, well all I'll say is wait and see.