Author Topic: A thread about concerts.  (Read 164735 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: A thread about concerts.
« Reply #585 on: June 25, 2014, 02:18 AM »
The concert was AMAZING!!! You're going to love it Dale. One of the best shows I've ever been to. Couple first night glitches but it was like seeing Queen reborn!

Back from the concert. Oh good god! What a ******* show, the best I have seen! They ran a 1/2 hour late but who cares. After basically a hat trick of concerts here with Buble, Cher & now Queen, they came out with the Good, the Better & the Best. These Are the Days of Our Lives brought tears, it was hard. In fact I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. The coliseum rocked all night & Lambert with Who Wants to Live Forever, you made Freddie  proud.. all of us proud.  :)  8)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #586 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44 PM »
Wait, a gay dude is singing for Queen now? That's gonna take some getting used to.  :-\
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #587 on: June 25, 2014, 08:08 PM »
I take it the last post is meant to be ironic.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 25, 2014, 09:12 PM »
I take it the last post is meant to be ironic.

Nope, he's a prick. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #589 on: June 26, 2014, 12:41 AM »
Would you believe I was just going for sheer stupidity rather than some kind of prickish irony?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 26, 2014, 01:13 AM »
No.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #591 on: August 13, 2014, 11:41 PM »
Darby and I are headed to Des Moines next week for KISS and Def Leppard. It's been almost 14 years since I last saw KISS, so I'm pumped for it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 14, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Funny, I met Paul Stanley at the Lego store about 2 hours ago.  They're in Chicago this weekend.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:26 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Robert Cray this Sunday night.  Tom Petty and Steve Winwood on Thursday next week.   :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2014, 04:20 AM »
Haven't posted in this thread since 2012, but of course I've been attending live music on a regular basis.

Most recently the Graspop Metal Meeting festival in Belgium, with awesome performances by Sabbath, AiC, BLS, Zombie, Sepultura (man, Andreas Kisser hasn't aged a day  ;D ), Mastodon and Ghost.. Limp Bizkit was a big disappointment.

Last week Machine Head, their only club show in Holland this year, until it was announced a few days ago, that they'd be back in another town in December. Hard to believe they've been at it for 22 years! They totally tore up the insanly hot venue.

This Sunday I'll go to X-Rock in Germany. Guess who's playing? Machine ******' Head  ;D Also Amon Amarth, Life of Agony and Airbourne, plus a couple of others.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2014, 02:19 PM »
Haven't posted in this thread since 2012, but of course I've been attending live music on a regular basis.

Most recently the Graspop Metal Meeting festival in Belgium, with awesome performances by Sabbath, AiC, BLS, Zombie, Sepultura (man, Andreas Kisser hasn't aged a day  ;D ), Mastodon and Ghost.. Limp Bizkit was a big disappointment.

Last week Machine Head, their only club show in Holland this year, until it was announced a few days ago, that they'd be back in another town in December. Hard to believe they've been at it for 22 years! They totally tore up the insanly hot venue.

This Sunday I'll go to X-Rock in Germany. Guess who's playing? Machine ******' Head  ;D Also Amon Amarth, Life of Agony and Airbourne, plus a couple of others.

Let Freedom Ring with a Shotgun Blast!

Nice, I'm so jealous of your huge outdoor metal shows! Graspop, Dynamo, F--- Commerce Festival, etc. Metal is alive and well abroad!

Glad Andreas Kisser is aging well, have they gotten their heads out of their collective arses and gotten Max and Igor back yet though?

Shocked to hear Limp Bizkit disappointed.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2014, 03:10 PM »

Let Freedom Ring with a Shotgun Blast!

Nice, I'm so jealous of your huge outdoor metal shows! Graspop, Dynamo, F--- Commerce Festival, etc. Metal is alive and well abroad!

Glad Andreas Kisser is aging well, have they gotten their heads out of their collective arses and gotten Max and Igor back yet though?

Shocked to hear Limp Bizkit disappointed.  :D

Dynamo? I'm impressed you know of it :D  Sadly, Dynamo is no more. Last time was in '99 and by then it had already been stripped down to a much smaller festival :(  But Belgians know how to party, nevertheless. Graspop is our new home  >:D

I'm not a fan of the 'new' Sep, but it's great to hear them live, especially when performing the old Sep songs. Funny you should mention a possible reunion, because when asked which bands the director of Graspop would ultimately want, he replied the old Sep lineup. And Pantera.

In the meantime I've scored tickets to a concert on Dec. 4. Band is called Machine Head. Support by Devil You Know.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 24, 2016, 08:50 AM »
Slayer, Carcass, Testament tonight.  ;D

Can't imagine any show this year is going to top that!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #598 on: April 5, 2016, 08:35 PM »
Going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow nite in Chicago. Can't wait!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #599 on: April 6, 2016, 12:40 PM »
Gun N' Roses in Vegas on Saturday. Extremely pumped. Also have to buy tickets for the August show in Phoenix on Friday.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"