Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399216 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Please Vote Willrow Hood
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2006, 02:56 AM »
I never got the kneeling one >:(

Voted 20 times so far(20 different IP's) for ICMG

Tooo bad for Vos....... Yeah I want him too but I realize they'll make him in the next 12 years anyway. However, realistically this IS probably the only chance to see the ICMG made(and see how corrupt/fake these polls really are)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:57 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2006, 03:20 AM »
I think the Clone Wars line did well, I think EU can do well, and I think Hasbro will touch on it more in coming years...  The films are done, it's almost a necessity.

In my neck of the woods Clone Wars sold well though the first wave was so massively abundant everywhere that it held up the 2nd and 3rd waves some.  When they did arrive, they blew out the door but it's easily attributable to a massively popular media event...  Video games that did great (both directly tied to the "Clone Wars" theme and just coincidence like "Clone Campaigns" for Battlegrounds), and there were other issues that made Clone Wars popular...  Also Clone Wars was done the way EU should be in its execution in that it was part of a dedicated series/line, not a single figure...

The ICMG has likely one shot...  If there wasn't a figure I truly love on that list I'd probably have solely voted for ICMG...  As it stands, I voted for Katarn too, but I'm making sure ICMG is getting votes too from friends.

BTW I too think Vos is the kind of character Hasbro's going to make when ideas start running out.  It'll be the kind of figure they slip into a wave like a "Kashyyyk Wave" or some such.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2006, 05:03 AM »
I'm with you on all those points, JJ.

I think the Clone Wars line did well, I think EU can do well, and I think Hasbro will touch on it more in coming years...  The films are done, it's almost a necessity.

I think that's true, and believe we'll hit a few lean years before the TV shows kick into gear and give the line new fodder to generate. In those lean years, EU will crop up every once and a while, and if done right, with just one figure here and there like they're doing with Scorch and Foul snuck into the main line, it'll work out fine. It's if they slap a wave of EU out there that things can go bad quickly.

With all that in mind, I think Vos is a terrible choice for a Fan's Choice character. He's on the very short list of EU characters that a lot of people know about. Hell, I have a strong dislike for EU, never read comics, never read the novels, and get scared away by anything that's not closely tied to the films -- but I know who Vos is. He's been rammed down my throat left and right. He'll get made. It's inevitable, and a poll to determine that isn't necessary.

It's our buddy Willrow or bust.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:05 AM by Jared »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 05:30 AM »
A sticky for the most uninteresting looking character ever. Yup, the fix is already in.

I'm not worried, though. Even if he won I think Hasbro will change the results to make a figure that's actually sellable. I think the lessons of Shmi, Bail, Mon Mothma and Beru won't go to waste. And those characters had speaking parts and were actually important to the films...not just some douche who looks like a janitor running through the background.

If we're going to have a Space Janitor made, I'm voting Roger Wilco.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 07:07 AM »
Things is though, those dull figures are still important parts of the line to collectors...  I like that I have Bail in two forms, Senators, Mothma in two forms, Imperial dignitaries...  They suck, in a way, but I like them.

And it doesn't need to be human either...  Bib Fortuna, Saelt Marae, and Nein Numb anyone?  And I want a resculpt of Nein Numb! :)  Hell, Duros...  And he's probably one of the most "popular" Cantina aliens, but he sold like ****...  And Bespin Guards can still be found here, and they're a GREAT army builder really. 

Wilrow Hood would sell no better nor worse than these figures I listed but the ones I listed are figures lots of people are happy to own while others could've given two ***** about save for a few.  They still didn't sell well despite coolness.

Hood wouldn't do worse, but it'd be a nice backgroun Bespin character, which there isn't a whole lot ot pick from there sadly, but Bespin is a sparsely touched area of the line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 10:03 AM »
Well, first because Scott's as good as staff and can do what he wants for the most part, but second because the petition for Wilrow Hood the ICMG has been on the front page of JediDefender.com as long as I can remember and have been coming here routinely too so it's part of our site's affiliation to.

Exactly.  Well said, JJ.

The "Ice Cream Maker Guy" petition has been on the front page of JD as long as I can remember too.  It's a part of the history of JD.  I think a lot of the newer folks around here don't realize that one of JD's premiere staff members started the ICMG petition nearly four years ago.  It's not some flash-in-the-pan goof-ball desire (it's grown way beyond that  :P). 

Now that ICMG is actually on a fan-choice poll and we have a chance to actually get this figure made it'd be ridiculous for us to not fully support him in any way we can!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 01:51 PM »
While I think it would be funny if he wins, Hasbro would take a bath on this fig.  The proper way to have him made would be some type of online retail, fanclub or some other form that would limit the numbers (mail-in, etc).  If he hits retail, at  least half of these will not sell. It would probably be one of the top 3 pegwarmers of all time and a huge money loss for Hasbro.  I feel for everyone who wants this fig since we all have a favorite we know that will never get made. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Even if he won I think Hasbro will change the results to make a figure that's actually sellable. I think the lessons of Shmi, Bail, Mon Mothma and Beru won't go to waste.

I agree the fix will be in, but interesting to note you named female action figures for the most part.  I thought it was a generally accepted truism that female figures don't sell, regardless.  I think as a truism, it's well, true.  The last of the VOTC to move around here was Leia, and I think there's still one out there at a store near me. 

And those characters had speaking parts and were actually important to the films...not just some douche who looks like a janitor running through the background.

I can only presume you apply a similar standard to the vast majority of Cantina and Jabba's Palace figures we've already had made?  Otherwise your comments are reeking a bit of hypocrisy.  If you don't like the figure, that's cool, say so.  But if your standard is that you don't want figures made because they're a douche ::) in the background with no lines at all, why are you even bothering with this hobby.  Aren't about 70% of the figures that have been made (and remade) generally in that category?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Pack him at one per case and even at 2 per case he'll sit no more than Derlin and Veers are now

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 03:00 PM »
You pack him at one per case and everyone would be bitching they can't find him.  Two per case sounds about right.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2006, 03:07 PM »
yes, that's the way to do it, Scott.

Good points, Brent I agree with all of them....the female figures don't sell great, except to my daughter-she's a sort of tonboy anyway. How many 7-13 year old boys want a girl action fig anyway...AND just how many girl SW fans are out there that would want one to play with?(My daughter's favorite figure is Annakin, followed by anything leia or padme-and she's 9)

I will agree that the majority of the figures made did not have speaking parts which...kinda killed that argument as well.

Come on non-speaking-part ICMG you can win it!!!

Can you imagine how this Willrow would feel if he didn't even have a line and got an action figure made??! Probably could become his family's hero!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2006, 06:08 PM »
I don't understand the logic you guys have. You want it to win, but it seems your surrenedering to the fate that Hasbro will change the poll. Why bother if that's the case? It's not as if they're going to release the poll numbers to us any time soon.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I think the mentality like voting for a 3rd party candidate... you vote for what/whom you want, so that you can't complain later if you didn't vote at all, despite the outcome.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Because it'll prove to Hasbro that people want the figure.  If we didn't vote for Willrow, then they'll just say the support wasn't there and be done with it.  Let's say Vos is the predetermined figure (if there is one) that Hasbro is going to make.  Fine.  But every vote Willrow gets shows Hasbro that this figure does indeed have a market and people will buy it.  And that hopefully gets the figure made, even if he doesn't "win" the poll.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Even if he won I think Hasbro will change the results to make a figure that's actually sellable. I think the lessons of Shmi, Bail, Mon Mothma and Beru won't go to waste.

I agree the fix will be in, but interesting to note you named female action figures for the most part.  I thought it was a generally accepted truism that female figures don't sell, regardless.  I think as a truism, it's well, true.  The last of the VOTC to move around here was Leia, and I think there's still one out there at a store near me. 

And those characters had speaking parts and were actually important to the films...not just some douche who looks like a janitor running through the background.

I can only presume you apply a similar standard to the vast majority of Cantina and Jabba's Palace figures we've already had made?  Otherwise your comments are reeking a bit of hypocrisy.  If you don't like the figure, that's cool, say so.  But if your standard is that you don't want figures made because they're a douche ::) in the background with no lines at all, why are you even bothering with this hobby.  Aren't about 70% of the figures that have been made (and remade) generally in that category?

Actually, that statement doesn't reek of hypocrisy at all. Kids very much like alien figures, so while not having speaking parts, they still have a visual interest that I think ICMG sadly lacks.

Obviously it's not a perfect analogy...Lando is very important to the saga yet his VOTC figure is still filling the shelves at TRU...but then, Lando isn't very visually interesting in that incarnation either.

But  hey...it's just a figure. Don't take it so personally.  :P

-DD
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 11:23 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!