Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

The Future of the Clone Wars Toy Line?

<< < (4/22) > >>

Matt R.:
I think they should combine TCW line into the main line.  with just getting 20 CW figures a year now, to save cost on the package just put them on one card

JACKOFTRADZE:
Going forward produce them all in realistic style and the problem is solved. Guys like me watch the show, like the new characters but hate the cartoon look in the figures. I would have bought every figure had they been realistic from the start, i picked up only a handful and they were the ones that looked realistic enough. I like where they are going with the first three characters shown at TF and I hope they make more. Cad and Savage next please!

I can see two more seasons max with this show. The shows story is nearing the events ROTS already there is no way they can drag it out for that much longer unless it becomes CloneWars: The Adventures of Ki-Adi Mundi and Mundi Squad.

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Matt R. on February 17, 2012, 04:17 PM ---I think they should combine TCW line into the main line.  with just getting 20 CW figures a year now, to save cost on the package just put them on one card

--- End quote ---

I think we're starting to see that already.  Witness the realistic versions of Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan from Clone Wars in the TVC line.  Hasbro seems to be deliberately testing these characters out in a realistic form to see if they'll sell better this way.  I got a sense that this might be a trend when I saw that new Anakin Skywalker at NY Comic Con.

Jesse James:
I have to say, I'd hate seeing animated figures snuck into the main line...  I have not bought into the animated stuff save for the droids and a few aliens because thye tend to blend in a little better, especially with a paintjob or whatnot.

But if animated figures were in cases of realistic, it'd be a real drawback IMO on buying cases of figures since there'd be new ones in there I very much did not want to buy, at all.

I really felt the news that they'd be testing realistic sculpts of the animated characters was an effort for them to keep CW alive when the inevitable end of the series came about...  It seemed kind of natural really, since they wanted the figures on the shelves to match the material they came from closely to avoid confusion...  with the series possibly ending at 100 episodes, it makes some ssense for them to move away from that concept then some, and things to become more of a cohesive look.  And I for one am geeked to get realistic versions too!  Some of my favorite figures at NYTF I felt.

Darby:
I prefer the animated look actually - a 180 from where I started with CW, but it won me over - but the realistic line is probably the only way we will ever get Satine, 99, or any of the minor figures collectors are looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version