Author Topic: 2024 Imperial March Promo Campaign  (Read 408 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
2024 Imperial March Promo Campaign
« on: March 14, 2024, 10:12 AM »
It looks like for March and through May the 4th (not sure its every week) they're releasing some products for pre-order.  They call it "Imperial March".

For TVC this week they've got the following:
- Captain Enoch & Thrawn's Night Troopers 4 pack (Fan channel and Amazon exclusives)
- Darth Vader
- Stromtrooper

These are up for pre-order at 1pm ET today.

I've seen some talk that the Stormtroper is the former Walmart exclusive (TVC 231).  Not sure if the Vader is newish.

Also a Black Series 3-pack from Jedi Fallen Order - Second Sister, Cal Kestis, Purge Trooper.  Not sure there are more than a few people left still collecting this line.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 10:43 AM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial March
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 10:59 AM »
I'm in for three of the troop packs.  I like Jayson's idea of swapping the heads around to create 9 individual troops.  If anyone wants just an Enoch, let me know... I suppose I'll have two extras. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 12:46 PM »
My only gripe is that Enoch should be by himself on a card.

I wouldn't mind a troop builder pack of those stormtroopers. 
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 12:54 PM »
My only gripe is that Enoch should be by himself on a card.

I wouldn't mind a troop builder pack of those stormtroopers.

They'll probably grant your wish and release him on a card with slightly different deco or a different accessory.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 01:12 PM »
I'm only seeing the four pack on Pulse.  No sign of it on EE, Amazon, or Disney.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 01:16 PM »
The four-pack will only be on Pulse.  I'm looking for the Vader and Stormtrooper on Amazon.  I'll post a link here unless Jeff gets an affiliate link in before me.

Amazon links:

Stormtrooper

Vader

Jeff, feel free to replace these links with affiliate links.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 01:35 PM by Jeff »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 01:33 PM »
I've seen some talk that the Stormtroper is the former Walmart exclusive (TVC 231).  Not sure if the Vader is newish.

The Stormtrooper is indeed still numbered 231, but the card art was slightly updated on the front to move the warnings away from the Hildebrandt art. No word on what the back of the card looks like, I'd imagine it's the new "no cross sell" style.

Vader is another retool of the Dark Times sculpt, now with the torso piece redone so that the tabbards go over the shoulder armor as they did in ANH and Rogue One. About as significant a costume variation as Vader gets.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 01:34 PM by Muftak »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2024, 05:48 PM »
I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about the Darth Vader.  Notably, the cardback.  It's nice that Hasbro found a way to incorporate the Hildebrandt art into the cardback and relocate the safety label.  Should Hasbro be going back to the well again with the same film still that's been on cardbacks since 1978?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 06:05 PM »
I personally don't pick up ever last variation of Darth Vader as I've got dozens and dozens, so it no longer bothers me that they release another ever so slightly new Darth Vader.  I'm skipping this one.

I honestly think there should frequently be a Vader, Luke, Han, R2, and Stormtrooper in circulation.  It doesn't have to be new as far as I'm concerned - just roll out something you've released before for the retail assortment.  This is where I'd love to see a two line approach for Star Wars, like they used to have with the Greatest Hits line.  Maybe even make it 5POA if you need to, but always have the main characters available in the 3.75" scale and ideally at a more budget friendly price.  They should have done this instead of the 4" Epic Heroes (or whatever) line they've got out now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2024 Imperial March Promo Campaign
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 10:44 AM »
From Hasbro...

Roll out the red carpet for a special Star Wars #ImperialMarch #Fanstream, coming to you on March 20 at 11am ET on our YT! The team will kick off an Imperial celebration of your favorite Hasbro #StarWars lines, including reveals from #StarWarsTheBlackSeries and #StarWarsTVC!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 10:52 AM »
In light of the theme, I expect a fuller look at the upcoming Darth Vader and the Night Trooper 4-pack in the livestream.  And there's the possibility that we might see the Cal Kestis in Imperial officer disguise revealed in the process.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 11:04 AM »
And there's the possibility that we might see the Cal Kestis in Imperial officer disguise revealed in the process.

One of these "Imperial March" reveal sessions is potentially a good spot to officially reveal the rumored “Declan” / Moff Gideon’s Light Cruiser playset too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 12:17 PM »
And there's the possibility that we might see the Cal Kestis in Imperial officer disguise revealed in the process.

One of these "Imperial March" reveal sessions is potentially a good spot to officially reveal the rumored “Declan” / Moff Gideon’s Light Cruiser playset too.

Excellent point! 

I wonder if this is the way that Hasbro is planning on releasing the single carded Dark Trooper?  It would fit the theme.  And it would be inane to include another Moff Gideon or Elia Kane with the set.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 07:24 AM »
Jayson is teasing a couple of TVC figure reveals from The Acolyte.  And Steve Evans teased some things on Instagram last night.  It might be an interesting livestream today!

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2024, 09:48 AM »
Jayson is teasing a couple of TVC figure reveals from The Acolyte.  And Steve Evans teased some things on Instagram last night.  It might be an interesting livestream today!

I guess with the Acolyte trailer yesterday, it makes sense.  TVC will get its token 2-4 basic figures from Acolyte and then we'll all be clamoring for more for the next two years. :P