Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 490852 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 11.23.05
« Reply #1260 on: November 23, 2005, 10:22 AM »
I tried several techniques, but I think the rubbery material the trenchcoat is made from is a hard surface (at least for me) to paint.  So I blended it together for an overall tannish appearance.

I feel your pain, man. My Neimoidian in trench has the exact same issues... I decided to make the coat black, and I've regretted it ever since. From what I know of that material, the paint job you were able to execute is that much more impressive.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 23, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Thanks, what I did was mix black w/ tan paint, and water it down some.  Did 3-4 coatings of it.  Then let it dry, and sealed it with acrylic matte sealer.  Then after that dried, I lightened it up some with a very light wash of mixes of colors, and finally a white dry brush and sealed it again.  Definitely hard to paint that material.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1262 on: November 23, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Damn nice work on Han mate that is very well done the trench coat is a great idea well done.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 24, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Thank you Hemble, that Han turned out much better than I had thought it would actually.

I  have an idea actually that I would love to get some feedback on... it might entail a second photonovel series, or maybe a conjunction with the Rykrof series. 

Basically, the New Republic has regained control of the galaxy and it takes place about 75 years after the end of ROTJ.  Regarding a similar plot to LOTR.  Luke, Han and Leia are all dead and Jacen Solo has become the symbolic leader of the Republic.  He has befriended Rykrof Enloe's grandson, who has discovered an evil that threatens to take over the galaxy - a spirt has been resurrected - the Soul of Palpatine.  Not a flesh and blood version, but a spirit that is locked (kind of like Sauron) but is gaining power and has a new army (with a flesh and blood Sith apprentice who is responsible for awakening Palpatine's spirit).

Thoughts on that?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #1264 on: November 24, 2005, 01:59 PM »
thats sounds awsome hey man im gonna pm u we gotta talk some plot ideas because possibly palpatines ghoat could have restarted the sith in my story lines500 years after the battle of endor i dunno lets chat about it sometime ;)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 24, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Hell that sounds like a great story line mate and using Palpatine like Sauron adds a nice touch to the story hell if the Jedi can be imortal after death why can't the sith.And I always like stories that can be done years and years after the original story/movie.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 11.26.05
« Reply #1266 on: November 26, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Thanks, it's just kind of an idea I tossed around.  I do plan on working it in somehow later, but it might not be for a while.

Also, I decided it was time to scale back a bit on a few army builders that I have overbought on, and I am in desperate need of some extra Christmas money so they're going to ebay.  Won't post any links, but before they went up I decided to take a picture of them one last time just for memory's sake, and to experiment a bit more with my digital effects I'm trying to improve on.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 26, 2005, 02:00 AM »
Ahh the never ending story of never enough money I know how that feels :)

I'll say this Chewie you sure know how to do great effects and these pics are no exception great work mate.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 26, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Thanks Hemble.  I'd love ot get a better camera, tried to get one yesterday but there must have been something wrong with the wire connecting the camera to the computer.  Nothing would download.

Anyways... lookie at what I got in the mail yesterday, the rest of the Star Destroyer!  I took pics and added Owen's website to the pics as this was his creation.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 26, 2005, 03:03 PM »
NOW that is what I call a display man Owen sure does some awesome dio's the detials in them is mind blowing and I think that what makes his dio's stand out from all the rest, you are one lucky SOB mate.

with the camera I had trouble with the connection as well and I had to take the cover off and push all the hardware back into the slot.

Ron

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 26, 2005, 04:34 PM »

Also, I decided it was time to scale back a bit on a few army builders that I have overbought on

No such concept exists.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 26, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Dressel, I'm having to do it, and am parting with quite a few customs too - I just don't have the space for all this stuff.  I have one room with nothing but Star Wars in it, and to make room for more I'm parting with stuff I don't need so many of.  Like those Tuskens and Sandtroopers, I already have about 20 or so more Tuskens and there is a rumored VOTC one coming out.  And I have way more Sandtroopers than I need, so parting with a few isn't going to really put much of a dent in what I'm getting rid of.

Hemble, what do you mean, you had to push the hardware back in?  On the actual computer hard drive?  My other cables work fine in it, so I think it was just the camera.  I ordered one today from Sears, a 7 megapixel Samsung camera.  My current one is only 3.1 megapixels, so I think my photonovels will look better after I get it (in about 2 weeks).

And oh yeah, all you have to do to get one of these Star Destoyer playsets is contact Owen D and make arrangements.   ;)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 27, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Are you getting rid of any stormtroopers? :)
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 27, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Stormtroopers... probably not.  But if I do, I will let you know!   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 11.27.05
« Reply #1274 on: November 27, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Ok, I'm selling the following custom lots of figures -

Click on over to the Classifieds Section if you are interested -

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10060.msg178592#msg178592

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 08:06 PM by CHEWIE »