Author Topic: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset  (Read 6101 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hasbro Pulse 2023 TBOBF Throne Room Playset
« Reply #15 on: February 9, 2022, 01:26 PM »
I do wonder if we can expect to see a Jabba re-release / update in the next 1.5 years to go along with the Throne room? I sure hope so, as I had skipped the SOTDS set while I wasn't as actively collecting.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 9, 2022, 01:59 PM »
There has been an increasing call for the creature assortment to return in some way, shape or form.  Jabba would fit into that perfectly.  And with 2023 being the 40th anniversary of ROTJ it makes perfect sense to release a Vintage Collection Jabba.  But knowing Hasbro I would expect them to actually release that in 2024.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 9, 2022, 02:00 PM »
I do wonder if we can expect to see a Jabba re-release / update in the next 1.5 years to go along with the Throne room? I sure hope so, as I had skipped the SOTDS set while I wasn't as actively collecting.

Didn't you hear, since no one who dies in a Star Wars movie actually dies, we'e going to find out that Jabba was only choked to near death, and he comes back in Book of Boba Fett Season 6.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 9, 2022, 02:12 PM »
There has been an increasing call for the creature assortment to return in some way, shape or form.  Jabba would fit into that perfectly.  And with 2023 being the 40th anniversary of ROTJ it makes perfect sense to release a Vintage Collection Jabba. 

Wave 1 case pack: 2x ROTJ Jabba w/dais
Wave 2 case pack: 1x TBOBF Twin #1 w/half of litter, 1x TBOBF Twin #2 w/half of litter (litter halfs attach together, obviously - henchman litter carriers not included ;))
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 9, 2022, 02:34 PM »
There has been an increasing call for the creature assortment to return in some way, shape or form.  Jabba would fit into that perfectly.  And with 2023 being the 40th anniversary of ROTJ it makes perfect sense to release a Vintage Collection Jabba. 

Wave 2 case pack: 1x TBOBF Twin #1 w/half of litter, 1x TBOBF Twin #2 w/half of litter (litter halfs attach together, obviously - henchman litter carriers not included ;))

And here I was thinking of Blurrgs and Tatooine Sand Apes!

BTW, thanks, Jeff.  I can't stop giggling over that name!
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 02:35 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 9, 2022, 02:44 PM »
Very cool. Pricier than I’d like, but also not incredibly surprising. I’ll definitely preorder one, and hope they continue “playsets” like this in the future. To me, this reveal really saved the livestream today. Lots of things we’ve gotten before otherwise. Man has collecting changed over the years, for a variety of reasons. I can’t imagine them dropping a $200+ playset during the POTJ days.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 9, 2022, 03:03 PM »
I remember the days when some people said it was pointless and unrealistic to be pushing Hasbro for playsets.   That we were beating a dead horse.

How sweet it is now that we've seen the current Hasbro team take interest in world building these past couple years.

Not sure how long this approach will last, so I'm just enjoying the moment.  I'll definitely be ordering at least one throne room. 
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 03:05 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 9, 2022, 03:14 PM »
It does look cool..

As for the price, I was expecting to pay $400 for a haslab product and get a lot more of the scenery included. It's too bad they didn't save tooling and paint costs on all the cups and plates and add more scenery. It has the spread of a Calico Critters playset.

I am glad the grill is there though. That is pretty classic scenery behind Jabba.

Also, Its time to watch the value on the (Trophy Wall) Jabba's Palace set shoot up. Get one fast if you never have.

« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 04:10 PM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 9, 2022, 04:12 PM »
That looks mighty grand. The 3D models on Thingiverse, as nice as they are, do not compare, and an excellent pro print would likely be over $150. The price is a big ouch, but I am in for 1!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 9, 2022, 04:29 PM »
Very cool. Pricier than I’d like, but also not incredibly surprising. I’ll definitely preorder one, and hope they continue “playsets” like this in the future.

Agreed.  And the best part about it for me is that it's designed with fitting on a shelf in mind.  I have 12" deep shelving and this will fit in perfectly.  If it was a big thick rectangle or something weird, it's a no go.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2022, 07:05 PM »
Imagery: 

« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 10:07 PM by Jeff »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: February 9, 2022, 07:15 PM »
The grates and lighting slits are a really cool feature. I'll have to make sure this goes onto a lighted shelf to take full advantage.

It sure would have been nice if they designed this to connect to the Trophy Wall set, especially at the price point. Like just throw in 1-2 modular curved doorway/wall sections that could attach a few inches back on the Main Archway. Oh well, I'm not going to complain too much. Definitely excited for this guy.

It is crazy how much difference 14 years can make with inflation and price increases. Just for reference the Original Legacy BMF, which was bigger than this, had electronics, was also an all new mold, and had all kinds of firing missiles and moving parts retailed for only $159.99 - I remember thinking that was crazy expensive for a Hasbro item back then.

And here I was thinking of Blurrgs and Tatooine Sand Apes!

BTW, thanks, Jeff.  I can't stop giggling over that name!

Yeah, I love that list Jeff & Nick. I've been think how much I want to see the creature assortment come back, it has been years since we've had one. Blurrgs were definitely my number 1 item too, I'd also add either a new Bantha or a repack, the mudhorn, the Ray Harryhousen Sand Ape, and maybe the big ice spider.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 07:25 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 9, 2022, 07:24 PM »
It sure would have been nice if they designed this to connect to the Trophy Wall set, especially at the price point. Like just throw in 1-2 modular curved doorway/wall sections that could attach a few inches back on the Main Archway. Oh well, I'm not going to complain too much. Definitely excited for this guy.

I've got a feeling that the detail and deco on this would leave those old walls looking pretty dumb and lackluster if you stuck them together.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 9, 2022, 10:25 PM »
My day kind of got away from me (darn work/kids), but finally have a chance to post press stuff -

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT’S THRONE ROOM PLAYSET
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $229.99/Available: Summer 2023)
Featuring vintage-inspired packaging and original Kenner branding, this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT’S THRONE ROOM PLAYSET can be used to create a full scene inspired by STAR WARS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT live-action series with moveable pieces and multiple detailed accessories. The playset also includes a highly poseable BIB FORTUNA (TATOOINE) figure, with Kenner-inspired staff accessory. Presented on STAR WARS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT cardback the playset makes for a great gift for any STAR WARS fans. Available for preorder starting 2/10/2022 at 1PM ET at HasbroPulse.com

Hasbro asked us to share the "Sizzle Reel" promo video on our socials, so we've posted it to our Twitter page.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 10:41 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 02:17 AM »
Do I recall correctly that Pulse is charging preorders as they are placed rather than when they ship?

If yes, I'll be putting $230 on a card tomorrow.
Macklunkey!