Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 231097 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #570 on: January 9, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Action Figure Insider has a few pics up of a MOTU Classics display case that was shown at an event called "Gallery1988" including the upcoming Evil Lyn and a new character, Optikk.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2010, 01:14 PM by Brian »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 9, 2010, 02:01 PM »
And it looks like She-Ra, Thunder Punch He-Man, and Keldor are coming sometime in the future (based upon some accessories that were shown).

« Last Edit: January 9, 2010, 03:48 PM by ruiner »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #572 on: January 9, 2010, 04:14 PM »
If I was going to pick one NA character to get the MOTUC treatment, it would be Optikk. Glad to see that figure is on the way.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2010, 05:14 PM »
The thing I like most about Optikk is that it looks like most of him could be used on Man E Faces. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Here we go again.   It's always an interesting day when Matty puts stuff on sale.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2010, 12:00 PM »
I'm trying to complete an order for the Battle Armor He-Man right now (even though I'll have to pay shipping twice), and I can't believe that after over a year of this line they still can't get the servers/upgrades/etc. to keep up with the orders.  I've had pretty good luck personally, but I dread any time I'm going to have to place an order that isn't a subscription figure.  Battle Cat could be ugly next month.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I had the RSOD for a couple minutes, but I just completed my order for BA He-Man. I agree, it's going to be a bloodbath next month with all that stuff going on sale. You'd think they'd just get better servers, but no.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Really, they should put some money into that.  Month after month, it's still the same old crap.  I had the RSOD for about ten minutes before my order went through. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I'm sick of paying 2X shipping every month.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 15, 2010, 01:44 PM »
I'm sick of paying 2X shipping every month.

Yeah, this is the first month I've ordered the bonus figure I think, but that really does sting...and just seems stupid.  You would think they could work out a way to combine these orders for subscribers.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #580 on: January 15, 2010, 03:52 PM »
I have had really good luck so far, but thought my luck had run out.  It opened up at 10:58, I got my three pieces added to the shopping cart, went to check out...then spent 13 minutes waiting for the final checkout screen.  That's a lot of automatic refreshes.  I was afraid I'd miss something, but it was all still available when I finalized (which is good, because Adora is now sold out).

It's mind-boggling that this is still an issue.  They've got a pretty good thing going here.  They make it clear where and when it's available, there's a pretty decent production run for the products, everyone knows that it'll be the 15th each month...to me it's perfect from a collector's standpoint.  But they're certainly not taking the steps to avoid further frustation by fixing what is a major problem for many.

John

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44 PM »
I wasn't going to buy BA HM today but when I just saw the almost sold out post on he-man.org I caved.  Hopefully, they don't screw up the subscription order.  Battle Cat is going to go quick unless they made a lot of them. 

I think they need to have a limit of 2 on these on the first day so they don't sell out so quickly.  A lot of people say a limit of 10 is fair because they are buying them for other people and saving money on shipping.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #582 on: January 15, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Like ruiner I am sick of paying shipping twice so I hooked up with a Buddy of mine. I have a special technique for ordering off their atrocious site so far it has worked but man I had to put off a meeting for 10 minutes to get this through. I think they need to up the figure production by another 3000k each at least. They could have easily sold another 5k of Adora. But I have a feeling they will reissue her in 6 months.

I love this line so I accept the Mattel bull**** as part of the deal to collect them. I worked their for 5 years they never improve anything so all of those hoping Mattel gets their **** together will be waiting a long time....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #583 on: January 15, 2010, 05:56 PM »
I also agree that Battle Cat is going to be tough to order.

I hope March is a light month, this line is starting to get too heavy each month.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 20, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Hi-res pics of Evil-Lyn and Screeech

Looks pretty good. Not my favorite figure or character, but an essential one, IMO.

Also, I got my shipment confirmation from Matty about my BA He-Man that will be here on Friday. At least there wasn't any trouble with that this time.