Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50713 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #180 on: November 3, 2005, 11:02 PM »
How does the likeness on the new figure hold up to the VOTC version when you see it in person?

Personally...it looks like the sculptor that did the head is the same one that did OTC Dago"blah" Luke...

so really no comparison...but that is coming from someone who thinks the VOTC Han is probably the best figure ever made.

I'm holding out hope for the Leia though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: November 4, 2005, 01:16 AM »
VOTC Han is the best. :)  Best Solo likeness IMO anyway. 

Got this early Paul?  Cool man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Got my hands on the Saga 06 Boba Fett at a local trade show..i must say the only good part was the mini hologram figure, the packing was alittle bit weird for me, but i'll take it. it was going for $30

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2005, 01:18 PM »
How does it compare to the original Carkoon Fett?  Have they removed the action feature?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Darth Delicious has the Han figure already (and customized it to boot!) so maybe he can give us an in-depth review on it.

To me, the Fett is a bad repack... I won't be buying it.  But I am sure some people are delighted that it's being re-released.

:P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 04:51 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2005, 02:25 AM »
How does it compare to the original Carkoon Fett?  Have they removed the action feature?

haha i didnt buy it, so i wouldnt know, but from the looks of it, its a repack of the previous Saga.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2005, 04:57 AM »
So, has anyone been laying predictions yet as to when this wave is gonna hit retail?  I'm really hoping it's sometime around Christmas, before the New Year, to give us something more to hunt for.  Most folks I know are relatively caught up with the Final 12 now, so aside from the grey Clone Evos, and WM Twin sets, the first wave of TSC is all that we have to look forward to at this point.  So hopefully it'll trickle out much earlier than Hasbro is suggesting, as usual...

Otherwise, we'll just continue on our path to boredom for another month or two, I guess...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2005, 05:23 AM »
Since the final 12 aren't here in any good abundance really, aside from the Clone Commanders, I'm not terribly hot on a new line coming up...  Most of the final 12 have been either been sporatically sighted or (in the case of the final 5) non-existant practically.  Always a couple months behind out here it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2005, 07:21 AM »
The last shipment of any collection can be hard to find, but often it shows up in acceptable numbers 4-6 months later.

I think TSC will hit in the next 2-3 weeks.  I'm worried that it won't be here before x-mas, and will be a b*tch to find at retail in the post x-mas toy slump.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 18, 2005, 07:45 AM »
I thinking this wave will start to leak on Black Friday.  This seems to be the case over the last 5 years with new Series.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 18, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I wouldn't mind if they started showing up a little earlier, just because I'm really looking forward to some new OT goodness.  But, aside from that, I'm not quite "caught up" yet since the final 5 hasn't shown up here yet.  I'm hoping to get 3 of those 5 (501st, R4, Wookiee), and it would be nice to have those so I can truly be caught up before TSC starts showing.  Other than that, its just waiting for those WM Twin Sets to show up.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Posted similiar thoughts somewhere else but  I really think the first wave will be harder to  come by at first. My reasoning is that by mid December I think the last of the ROTS will ship out. Jan. will see clearance of ROTS items, the intro of this wave in limited numbers due to inventory. Inventory in Jan. always slows up new stuff so I don't think we'll the new wave in depth unil Feb.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Mass retailers usually reset their aisles sometime in December - my guess would be mid to late December before you see the new TSC figures.

I am surprised at the reports of the new unleashed minis hitting already...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2005, 12:53 AM »
One of the TRU employees up in Toronto posted on snowtroopers.ca that the ETA is December 03 up here, so you guys have to be due any day now.  He didn't clarify if that's the warehouse or street date, but he's been damn accurate throughout all of ROTS with respect to product, dates, etc. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Although I wouldn't mind a nice break from new stuff hitting (I always use this time to hunt down holes in my collection,) I know that we'll be seeing them in about 2-3 weeks like ruiner said.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."