Author Topic: They owe us a decent yoda figure  (Read 6188 times)

Offline hooville

• Youngling
    • View Profile
They owe us a decent yoda figure
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I have been a collector for many years (actually about 17 now) and I am very disappointed with the Yoda's that hasbro has put forth.  The vintage OTC yoda is the best one I have been able to find (although the holiday yoda and the Kyybuck yoda are both very nice facial sculpts).  It is now 4 years since the VOTC yoda has been made, and there is still no better sculpt.  I was hoping that this legacy collection would put one out, however it does not seem as though there is going to be one.  I know I am a knit picker, however, its disappointing since all the recent yoda figures (for the past 4 years) have been sculpted after the CGI model rather than the puppet.

Thoughts? 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: They owe us a decent yoda figure
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:24 AM »
Just buy this one. I don't know if you wanted a prequel or OT version, but I think this one is much better than the Vintage OTC version.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:46 AM »
I wish they would make a decent SA version to duel either Dooku or Palpatine.  I kind of frown at paying $7 plus for the tiny figure though.  Maybe they could include a senate pod or some other accessories. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Yeah, I think a decent prequal Yoda for E1 and E2-3 is in order, but honestly I'm pretty content with our Yoda's from OTC and VOTC that cover the original trilogy.  VOTC's my preferred one due to the poseability and softgoods, and OTC Yoda's nice aesthetically, and works well in Luke's pack.

A great ROTS Yoda though, that's something needed IMO. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:23 PM »
If they can give a clone wrist artic. they can give Yoda some knees, and elbows.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 05:36 PM »
An SA Yoda huh? They could include a clear stand to make it look like he's leaping.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 06:00 PM »
There's definitely a pretty good prequel Yoda out there.  The version from the 30AC ROTS tin set was very cool.  It has a decent level of articulation and includes a softgoods cloak, lightsaber and walking stick. 

The only think that I don't like about that particular Yoda is the cloak.  The cloak is from the VOTC Yoda.  It's somewhat dirty and doesn't have a hood.  As for the version with the Kybuck?  That's an awesome figure.  Especially at such a small scale.

As for an OT version?  We could definitely stand to get a new one.  But the VOTC version is pretty good for the time being.  And IIRC, there was an OTC version that came out around the same time as the VOTC Yoda.  That was a fairly decent Yoda, but somewhat static.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:30 PM »
I though I'd be the first to reply to this topic in hella long, ;D but with the new Geonosis Yoda/Droideka set out, I'd say Hasbro should make a brand-spanking new Prequel Yoda. The TCW 2009 SA Yoda was absolutely brilliant, I dunno why they can't make a SA realistic-styled Yoda now.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 06:35 PM »
We are getting new sculpted Yoda to go with our Darth Sideous (Senate Duel) due out late 2010.  Hope this helps

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 01:49 PM »
We are getting new sculpted Yoda to go with our Darth Sideous (Senate Duel) due out late 2010.  Hope this helps

REALLY?!  :o Where did this nifty little piece of info pop out? I don't recall hearing this anywhere.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 12:55 AM »
I'm still partial to the vintage Yoda figure with orange snake.  Don't care much for any of the PT renditions of Yoda.  I'm totally down for them giving us a new OT likeness Yoda. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Just buy this one. I don't know if you wanted a prequel or OT version, but I think this one is much better than the Vintage OTC version.

Really? That Yoda's probably the most evil looking one ever made. Furthermore, The post POTF2 Yodas all suffer from deflated head syndrome.

If you're looking for an excellent OT Yoda figure, look for the vintage one Kenner made. Or you could take the POTF2 Yoda head and stick it on the VOTC body, because that one has some damn fine soft goods.

Check out this thread at RS as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 02:22 AM »
I'm partial to the VOTC Yoda with a vintage belt and no other modifications.  That's me.  I think that figure's sculpt is fantastic and he's the best for poseability and I of course toss in various accessories like the pot, and things from past figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77