Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305676 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Fett seems to be selling but's that's because it's a Fett. :P
Yeah, I would much prefer new sculpts. Those would of sold quicker, up to the point of being HTF.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Just noticed this, which I thought was kinda funny:

The Target computer system is showing an Imperial Shuttle (DCPI #087-06-0483) coming with a $59.99 price tag. Is this a repack of the old FAO Schwarz exclusive, or is it something from another line? (SWC, 8/04/06)

No comment.

Is there any word on when the Target-exclusive Imperial Shuttle will be out on shelves? The product's DPCI# is 087-06-0483 and it's saying its $59.99. (SWC, 9/29/06)

No comment.

There have been rumors that you may have a Star Wars item at certain stores -- more specifically Target -- that will be released on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving), can you confirm or deny this? (SWC, 10/22/06)

I cannot address this issue for any retailer. Sorry.

After responding "No comment" to several past queries, can you now tell us anything about the rumored Imperial Shuttle with Darth Vader and Royal Guard figures that is supposed to be a Target-exclusive? (SWC, 10/27/06)

Nope! (SWC note: Target.com has already confirmed this exclusive.)

SWCollector.com:  You Can't Say We're Not Persistent!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2006, 09:20 PM »
There is persistance and then there is blantant stupidity. ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2006, 10:54 PM »
They need a two question session Penalty.  The can't ask another question till Nov 17th.

And now for my weekly recap or should we call it the re-cRap:

Specific Figure Questions:  4 (but one was a Tonnika Sisters question...so bonus for that mistake)

Playset Questions: NONE, I am so proud of the community, means next week is Playset-o-rama...

New Annoyances: 

1.  Micro Machine and Action Fleet questions.  They have said no, the horse is dead, stop beating it.
2.  Complaining and nitpicking figures during the Q&A...great way to ensure the sessions end sooner than later.  Everybody likes to be told they suck at their job by their clients/customers.
3.  Big H contradicting themselves yet again.   In one question we get..IF the product shows up in the retailers computer, it is pretty much a done deal....in another they cannot confirm something that is on a retailers website.

Will we get questions/answers next week?  Or does Rhode Island take Halloween off as a holiday?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Yeah, the likely (re)release of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the 7" Unleashed line next year is really a head scratcher.  Not surprising, mind you, but I think we're probably seeing the end of this line at this point - which is a shame.  Even if they want to "test the waters" with re-released figures instead of new ones, there are a lot better choices out there that could probably sell out (Yoda, Han, Stormtrooper, etc.)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2006, 02:16 PM »
Do some other Star Wars sites/forums get exclusive official polling rights with Hasbro, or do all sites get equal input?  If we are all equal which figures does Sandtroopers.com get to have in our poll?  And what other sites will be included in this polling survey?

I honestly had trouble believing this got through...  Look I'm not a Rebelscum fan, but I think it was fairly obvious the how's and why's...  Why ask? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: November 3, 2006, 03:01 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 10/27 has been posted...

No Bespin in 2007? :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 3, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I am really hoping that the "no Bespin in 2007" comment isn't including the rumored VTSC figures of Han and Luke.  I was really looking forward to those, even though they weren't confirmed :).  Maybe they just mean there won't be a Bespin "wave" in the basic line.  Maybe...maybe? :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #278 on: November 3, 2006, 03:17 PM »
That's how I took it - no Bespin wave.  But maybe he meant no Bespin Han, too, which would be okay by me (I'd prefer a SA Hoth Han myself).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 3, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Oh, I'd take a SA Hoth Han Solo any day as well, but I've just always been a fan of the Bespin get up for Han - although I think the POTJ figure is pretty good too, at least compared to its time.  I guess we'll see what they meant by the "no Bespin" comment though, eventually.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 3, 2006, 04:08 PM »
No Willrow Hood in '07??? What the heck?? I agree with the post about Bespin. There are so many cool figures to pull from there... hasbro can release tons of Vaders, Hans, or Lukes as long as they release some of the others like Piett (Escape from Bespin), Luke and Leia (Medical Frigate), etc. It's a little disappointing, so hopefully they'll get around to it in '08

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 3, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Perhaps there is a silver lining though.  They said something to the effect that it will be worth the wait when they revisit Bespin.  I am assuming that could be a hint for you Willrow Hood fans.  Or maybe not.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 3, 2006, 08:37 PM »
im surprised they didnt say: yes, there were bespin figures this year: Vader, Chewbacca, and Aurra Sing  ::)  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 3, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Even though I'm not a huge fan of ICMG, maybe what they meant by "it'll be worth the wait" is that Willrow will be included in the future Bespin wave.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #284 on: November 4, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Seems like this week is riddled with Marvel Legends questions which has already been answered 2-3 times...

I do like the idea of Build-A-______ be it figure or playset though.  I'd see it as a way to get a dais or Cantina U or bigger things like Hermi or a Vaporator

It would also be a way to make sure people buy all of a wave