Author Topic: Elton John  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Elton John
« on: August 17, 2003, 07:59 AM »
For the record - I think Elton John is awesome.

I was just sitting here listening to 'Your Song', and I'd heard 'Rocket Man' earlier today, and I realized that I really do enjoy Elton's music...

Anywho -> If you don't like at least a few of his songs, then you're in the minority... I think once EJ dies, he'll be considered one of the best musicians of the era (he already is by alot of folks).

Virex

Re: Elton John
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 09:58 AM »
I like Elton all right--not well enough to own any of his stuff, but I've got a couple of MP3s ("Tiny Dancer" and "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters").  He's a talented fella, just not exactly my cup of tea.

On a related note--not even a nod to Bernie?

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 03:29 PM »
Elton John is a very talented musician and truly an icon.  I have a few of his songs downloaded and plan on getting more.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 03:46 PM »
My wife really loves Elton John.  She went to a concert of his earlier in the year (when he performed with Billy Joel), and she paid $200 for one ticket.  That's how much she loves him.  He's a very good singer and entertainer, and I do like his music.
dustrho

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 05:09 PM »
I went and saw Elton John and Billy Joel and it was the best concert I have ever seen.  On top of the songs, their piano playing is amazing as I play myself!  I would pay the $200 again to go back.
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

obi_robz

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 05:28 PM »
I like the 70s and early/mid 80s stuff a lot but to be honest, after "I’m Still Standing", I’ve found his music a bit too “bland” for my tastes. Still a true icon though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 05:44 PM »
I saw Elton here back in 1999. It was his solo concert. Only him & that piano & man did he have fun. So did the sold out crowd!  8)   My tickets that I got were bought on the day of the concert. I picked up 4 tickets & they were side stage.  Great seats IMO.  8)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 07:32 PM »
I think once EJ dies, he'll be considered one of the best musicians of the era (he already is by alot of folks).
[/glow]

His Music is Great! But he's abit flakie.  I always thought most people did consiter him one of the best of all time, even now.  Another that was real good was Roy Orberson, was sad to hear that someone with such a nice voice had died, but that was years ago... heh, Im still pining over that one. :-\  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 11:22 PM »
A bit flaky? :o  

I hate to admit it, but yeah, he's pretty good.  Though I like Nickleback's version of Saturday Night better :P

A very talented man and a lot of his music doesn't do much for me.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.