Author Topic: McFarlane Figures (formerly Movie Maniacs 6)  (Read 66709 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Maniacs 6
« Reply #15 on: June 2, 2003, 01:47 PM »
Thanks Cory.  Lots of the other Pred to be found (well, 2 on the pegs for a couple of days) but no luck with that one.  Love that oozing green blood.

Need to find the wife a Trinity figure.  

I swear, I'm going to turn her into a collector yet.  She works in the Phys Ed faculty at the local University so I gave her a white Vick already.  Trying to find a black Vick as well.  Will get her a Patrick Roy when NHL5 comes out and then add in a Trinity.  The path to the dark side is not always so clear...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #16 on: June 2, 2003, 03:09 PM »
Brent, drop me a line at jangosapt@aol.com, which is my new e mail address, if you're interested cuz I think they still had 2 Trin's left.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 2, 2003, 03:13 PM »
Mail for you shortly. ;D

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2003, 03:14 PM »
I just bought the Dog Alien and Predator the Hunter figures, the first McFarlane figures I've purchased in YEARS. These things are surprisingly well articulated and as good looking as ever. They're perfect for my Art Asylum Enterprise bridge invasion.  ;D

I can't wait to get my hands on that Alien Queen. She looks freakin' HUGE. I might have to ditch all my old Kenner Aliens figures in favor of these bad boys.

(Sidebar - Who'd have thought Kenner would have marketed toys based on an R-rated film about a creature that rapes your face, ejaculates down our throat, and bursts through your chest to children age 4 & up? Nice.)
Post sober.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2003, 08:12 PM »
Ha!  Found the other Pred today.  Now I need to get hold of the Predator from the two pack.  Whoo-hoo!

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #20 on: June 5, 2003, 02:02 AM »
Today as a gift I received the Alien Queen box set. This thing is huge!! I can't believe the suggested retail is only $19.99. Though I am not sure how much Tyler spent on it for me. Yeah Tyler is the guy that I am currently with. :) He bought it for me at the Comic Book store. Anyways, the Alien Queen stands about 14" tall and her base connects to the victim's base. The victim has a button on the back that shoves out the baby alien through the chest. Pretty neat!!

When connected together the thing is about 18"+ inches long. A very large and nice display piece for any Aliens fan.

The other Alien figures in series 6 are so small next to the Queen.
Tomorrow if I have time I will take a few pictures and post them for you to see.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 5, 2003, 02:24 PM »
I saw this at a collector store today for $39.99 Cdn.  I totally agree it is huge and graphic.  Pretty neat and if I was into the Aliens I'd buy it in a second. Even at that price, it's worth it.  The US price is a bargain and if you were only considering getting it, get it.  Boba Binks description is great and you should at least see this thing once.  Wow.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #22 on: June 5, 2003, 02:51 PM »
Ok, Tyler said he paid $24.99 for this set.
So without any more delays, here are some quick images that I took.

The two bases can be connected in different ways pending for your purpose. I now have to rearrange my shelf so I can place this massive set.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 5, 2003, 02:55 PM »
Hey Boba,
can you snap some pics with a regular or dog alien in to give it some perspective.  Those pics are great but don't really give and impression of the size of this puppy.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #24 on: June 5, 2003, 03:24 PM »
Yes, I have more pictures.
Here they are.

Victim, Dog, Queen, Warrior, Ped -vs- Alien

The Queen is hunched over. You can pose her so she stands up some more but it looks goofy.

Doggy wants a snack. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 5, 2003, 03:29 PM »
Those are sweet pictures David. I heard rumors that they hit TRU here in the city & I am going to check it out tomorrow. I can't wait.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 5, 2003, 04:01 PM »
The Queen has hit TRU?  Hmm, if that's the case and I can save $10, I may grab her.  Of course those saving will be offset immediately by the fact I'd probably by the warrior alien as well.  Maybe I just shouldn't go look. ::)

Nice pics.  

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #27 on: June 5, 2003, 05:27 PM »
I literally have to hold myself back from buying more of these guys. I've got 2 of the 2-pack (1 Alien, 1 Predator),  2 Dog Aliens, 1 Alien Warrior (hoping they release the Alien Warrior from "Aliens"), 2 Pred the Hunters, and 2 of the masked Pred....and the Queen to top it all off!

I did a head swap on one pair of the MM6 Preds though, so one of the masked Preds has no blood on it, and one of the open mouthed Preds has the removeable arm and looks like he's screaming in pain. Sweeeeeeet.

I'd really like to see McToys continue the Aliens and Predator figures in their own line. They did such a great job with these, now I want to see the Predator from the first movie with the MM6 articulation. And some skulls.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 5, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Those pictures are spectacular!   I've got a small collection of Kenner Aliens and I will definatly pick up these MM6 when I find them.......

Thanks for the pics!
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 5, 2003, 06:41 PM »
Now I need to get hold of the Predator from the two pack.

Are you only interested in the Predator? If so, perhaps we could come to an arrangement?  ;)
Post sober.