Author Topic: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter (Black) with Poe Dameron  (Read 10675 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron
« Reply #15 on: September 8, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Perhaps we should move all this to the POTF2 boards?

Misplaced question but I'll ask anyway.  Did POTF2 figures have more articulation than TFA figures? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter with Poe Dameron
« Reply #16 on: September 8, 2015, 11:41 PM »
Nope, same. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TFA Poe's X-Wing Fighter (Black) with Poe Dameron
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 12:44 PM »
This is the first, and at the time of this posting, only TFA item I have freed from it's packaging so far. I'm a big fan of the X-wing and a big fan of the FX scale X-wing we've been enjoying for almost 20 years, so I'm disappointed in the step pack taken with could have been a spectacular addition to my X-wing fleet. I really dig the design and deco, though. I get why Hasbro did what they did with the scale. I just can't get behind it. 
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 04:54 PM »
This is the first, and at the time of this posting, only TFA item I have freed from it's packaging so far. I'm a big fan of the X-wing and a big fan of the FX scale X-wing we've been enjoying for almost 20 years, so I'm disappointed in the step pack taken with could have been a spectacular addition to my X-wing fleet. I really dig the design and deco, though. I get why Hasbro did what they did with the scale. I just can't get behind it.

And yet you bought one.  The only way to truly protest this is with your wallet.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05 PM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:06 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Finally getting around to opening some of the vehicles that I've bought over the past month...

First impression of this vehicle was not good.  I had read the on-line reviews and I bought one anyway because I'm a sucker, I guess.  Anyway, I opened it up and there they were - four ridiculously bent cannons.

I have no idea what they did during the manufacturing run, but that ****** black plastic is really soft and easy to heat and bend.  The good news of course is because the plastic was so soft and pliable, it only took about 3 seconds in boiling water to soften them and bend them back into place.  In fact, I dipped the X-Wings' wings and even Poe in the boiling pot too and shaped them.  Wings look a lot less saggy under the weight and Poe fit in the cockpit a lot easier with his slightly reshaped/bent arms.

The end result of all my work is a really nice looking (albeit small) Stealth X-Wing from TFA.  While I agree that for the $50 price we shouldn't get a ****** toy, it only took a pot of boiling water and 10-15 minutes of work and I ended up with a really nice looking X-Wing.

I'll give it a solid C.  Good toy with a terrible plastic choice.  Let's hope those early reports on the White X-Wing are correct and the white plastic they used behaves a lot better than this black plastic did because, despite being pretty disappointed in this X-Wing, I know I'm going to buy the white one too. :P  #sucker
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 2, 2015, 12:02 AM »
Good to hear they are salvageable. Keep in mind parents/kids aren't gonna reshape anything in boiling water. All the talk about parents complaining about breaking figures...now overpriced bent WOOKIES X-wings.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 2, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Keep in mind parents/kids aren't gonna reshape anything in boiling water.

Definitely agree that for the $50 this costs, you shouldn't have to tweak anything.  It's nice I was able to "fix" mine, but I never should have had to do that in the first place. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 10:33 PM »
This looks awesome.