Author Topic: 2020 Walmart TVC Incinerator Trooper  (Read 9173 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Walmart TVC Incinerator Trooper
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2021, 10:24 AM »
I ordered one at $32.50. And then I called Walmart's customer service. If you go this route make sure you have both order numbers handy. First I referenced today's order. And then I gave them the order number from September, specifically noting that one of them had just been cancelled yesterday. At that point I communicated that "I was confused" about why one that I had ordered in September with a price of $12.99 was cancelled yesterday, but today the same item is listed at $32.50 and with next day delivery.

I kept it polite and business like even though I am angry about this. Treat customer service like people and I've found that they might be more inclined to help you. The rep I deal with had to escalate this to their manager in light of the price difference. But it worked. My order from today is still in place and I'm now expecting a refund for the difference.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2021, 11:36 AM »
That's all I see as well.

I think we should get Rob to make an order so the price will go down.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:36 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2021, 11:40 AM »
My initial order hasn’t been canceled at this point.  I’m holding out to see if it ships.  It’s the worst kind of bull**** though for Walmart to cancel people’s $12.99 orders and immediately start selling them for $32.50.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2021, 12:26 PM »
It’s the worst kind of bull**** though for Walmart to cancel people’s $12.99 orders and immediately start selling them for $32.50.

What makes it so weird is it's listed as "($32.50/cu ft)"  per cubic foot? ???

It's like someone updated the listing with the actual cost of the shipping container these are coming in versus the retail cost of the individual figures. 

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2021, 12:43 PM »
It’s the worst kind of bull**** though for Walmart to cancel people’s $12.99 orders and immediately start selling them for $32.50.

What makes it so weird is it's listed as "($32.50/cu ft)"  per cubic foot? ???

It's like someone updated the listing with the actual cost of the shipping container these are coming in versus the retail cost of the individual figures.

I saw that too.  A whole case of these is probably not even a cubic foot.  I'd take a cubit foot / case of these for $32.50...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2021, 01:32 PM »
Well now it's out of stock.  I wonder if they're fixing it, or if enough rubes bought these for $32.50 each to have them sell out again. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2021, 02:09 PM »
The $32.50 is a joke, buy if they just say screw it, the fish get the stock of these and we're done producing it. I bet eBay will sell you the bubble for $32.50.

I believe the five carded Vintage Collection figs I'm missing are Jocasta (I have her loose), Salacious Crumb, Mouse Droid, Zuckuss and 4 Lom misnamed.

I will never own them because I balked back then. Gambling 32.50/12.99 seems tempting so I don't have to think about 100/32.50 later.

I know you've never overpaid for a fig though Rob.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2021, 02:50 PM »
The price is $12.99 now.  I'm guessing it'll be back in stock soon. 

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2021, 03:59 PM »
If it's out of stock, they might as well lower the price even more!

I have never let this exclusive runaround stuff get to me, but this week's events have been ridiculous. I think I will be ignoring Online Exclusives from here on out. If I see them in store so be it, but the local WalMart is one of the little/outdated ones that doesn't get them, so their stuff will be dead to me.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Well now it's out of stock.  I wonder if they're fixing it, or if enough rubes bought these for $32.50 each to have them sell out again.

Well - I bought a pair for $32.50 and then got them to price adjust it down to $12.99 - just to ensure that I would get the item.

I'm sure they're going to ship them to me in a mailer envelope so they'll arrive crushed to ****. But at least then all I'll have to do is buy a single MOMC one off ebay for $100 and be done with it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2021, 12:07 AM »
I just got a shipping notice for one of the two in my original order.  That’s better than nothing, but I really hope the other one ships and I get a chance to buy a few more later.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2021, 11:19 AM »
The one that I ordered early yesterday is out for delivery today.  I am fully expecting it to come in a mailer pack because it's a single figure, and it's coming from the same Walmart fulfillment center in Pennsylvania that sent out 2 of the Carbonized TVC figures.  Both of those came in their own mailer envelopes, and both had bent cardbacks and/or crushed blisters.

***EDIT - OMG, even though it shipped in a mailer envelope the cardback on my Incinerator Trooper was in great condition.  I'm shocked!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:00 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2021, 12:38 PM »
I just got mine.  It was in a small box... perfectly good condition.  I ripped it open anyway. :)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2021, 05:15 PM »
The first of 2 went out yesterday and is expected tomorrow. The second was delayed, I thought, to spread the love to as many customers as possible.

After checking just now, in the details it states the 2nd shipped an hour or 2 ago. Wha??

I guess they decided to copy HasbroPulse's shipping process.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Yeah I just got another shipping notice too... not sure if it's Mando with the pin, or the second trooper.

EDIT:  It's the second trooper.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:37 PM by Rob »