Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199273 times)

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1260 on: September 28, 2005, 12:16 PM »
earthquakes? do they happen often?

every few weeks we get a little one I suppose.

Living near tokyo everyones still expecting the next (well overdue) big one. worst Ive had so far left me stranded after work for 5 hours.  it also knocked over all my kubricks apart from obi wan kenobi.

I'd hate to be  workin in those toy shops in tokyo after a quake. must take all day standing the figures up afterwards.

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1261 on: September 28, 2005, 01:11 PM »
omg.. i didnt know that.. i must be lucky during my 10day visit there then..

and yeah, i heard abt the next big one... i'm currently writing a report for the last earthquake in kobe..

lucky i'm very safe in singapore..

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1262 on: September 28, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Hi Guys,

Well doomsday has hit me.  Just when I finally complete the entire Star Wars Kubrick set, a family emergency arises.  So I have just put up for auction every kubrick Star Wars set, Chase, box set, Carded, Parco's, dual 400% Fetts, and a crap load of Johnny lightning display cases.  Not to mention my complete set of carded vintage fetts, etc.  Kind of sick about it, but right now it is certainly for the best.  I'm going to try and keep my non SW kubricks for as long as I can and hopefully I can begin buying these back some day.  Spouse factor will decide, though!  What kind of stinks is that I was going to spend this weekend setting up a display and taking pictures of the whole thing.  I guess the good thing is that I failed to open anything, yet.  Would have sucked if I opened everything and had to sell a day later.  Oh well, I will still be around lurking from time to time...just a bit teary-eyed is all.

Scott
stealthtank

edit: Sorry, linking to your own eBay auctions is not allowed.   :(  Anyone interested can just search eBay for seller "thestealthtank" and find them themselves though...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 12:30 PM by Jeff »

Offline yujun

• Jedi Initiate
  • i love kubricks!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1263 on: September 29, 2005, 01:43 AM »
saw the auctions and ur ID.. was a bit surprised.. hope u get a gd sum of money for them.. :)

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1264 on: September 29, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Rupinthe3 has s4 up for sale.  Its a semi-decent deal on all 9.  Other stuff too.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrupinthe3

Not anymore.  Thank you for the link.

No problem.  Glad you got em man!!!
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1265 on: September 29, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Sorry for your crappy situation Scott.  I've got a bunch of those auctions marked though.  Hope I don't win for your sake, cuz I'm cheap.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1266 on: September 29, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Hi Guys,

Well doomsday has hit me.  Just when I finally complete the entire Star Wars Kubrick set, a family emergency arises.  So I have just put up for auction every kubrick Star Wars set, Chase, box set, Carded, Parco's, dual 400% Fetts, and a crap load of Johnny lightning display cases.  Not to mention my complete set of carded vintage fetts, etc.  Kind of sick about it, but right now it is certainly for the best.  I'm going to try and keep my non SW kubricks for as long as I can and hopefully I can begin buying these back some day.  Spouse factor will decide, though!  What kind of stinks is that I was going to spend this weekend setting up a display and taking pictures of the whole thing.  I guess the good thing is that I failed to open anything, yet.  Would have sucked if I opened everything and had to sell a day later.  Oh well, I will still be around lurking from time to time...just a bit teary-eyed is all.

Scott
stealthtank

DAMN  :(
Sorry to hear about this, you had an awesome collection going! Hope you
get a good chunk o' $$$ for them.
Good luck

Adam
Adam

Offline StealthTank

• Youngling
  • "Kubrick Royalty"
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1267 on: September 29, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Thanks guys!  We are actually very upbeat though.  My sister has recently moved down into my area after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina.  She was in her third year of law school at Tulane in New Orleans, and thankfully (Stetson) a local school has offered to take her in for the semester.  Stetson is waiving her tuition and giving her a place to stay, as the financial aid she was expecting fell through.  She is surprisingly very upbeat for someone who is without all of her belongings,  so I felt inspired to help by selling some of mine.  If only just to take the sting out of some inevitable credit card debt.  The decision was basically automatic; however I must admit to considering keeping the chase figures... :)

-Scott

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1268 on: September 29, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Dang! Sorry to hear Scott and I hope everything fairs well.  :)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 5
« Reply #1269 on: September 29, 2005, 08:15 PM »
It's amazing how it has affected to many people. I feels like a Hollywood movie from here.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:17 PM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1270 on: September 30, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Received my series 4 last night.  Great series.  Just ran out of room in my JL cases and need to pick up some more and so some rearranging.

Can't wait for series 5.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline kevbrick

• Youngling
  • SW Kuby's!!
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1271 on: September 30, 2005, 05:31 PM »
Hope things work out for you and yours Scott.

To lighten the tone has everyone decided what the chase are going to be for Series5 yet??

It's a granted that thare will be 3 so heres my list:

Blue Snaggle in Red Snaggle
Leia Bounty Hunter (Bousch?) in slave Leia
Governor Tarkin in Death Star Gunner

What do you all think to that??
Send us your huddled Kuby's!!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Series 5
« Reply #1272 on: September 30, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Well i think Blue Snagg will be one, i hope so anyway.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 5
« Reply #1273 on: September 30, 2005, 09:56 PM »
I am guessing a Blue Snag, and a variation on the Luke Jedi...maybe blue saber?  Both of those chases would be the ultimate vintage nod for this series.
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1274 on: October 1, 2005, 01:02 AM »
I would definetly go with the Blue Snag.  I also think it could be Luke with a Blue Saber, or Yoda with a snake.
Anyone got a ben for sale??