Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416029 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2004, 10:05 PM »
Whoo.  I know exactly which figure you're talking about but I can't remember the line it is from.  Early spiderman legends I think, before they switched to a cardboard card.  I know I saw it and passed on it.  I'm sure someone in here will confirm it in no time (that is, confirm what figure you're talking about).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2004, 11:15 PM »
It's from series 1 of the initial Spiderman Classics line.  The packaging is the same as the Marvel Legends packaging.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #422 on: July 14, 2004, 08:16 AM »
To my amazement, a TRU put out the latest wave of SMC and I managed to pick up the Black Spider-man and Rhino.  Nothing new in terms of ML and I still have not seen Carnage himself, just remnants of his case.  Eventually, I'll stumble across one.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #423 on: July 14, 2004, 01:12 PM »
To my amazement, a TRU put out the latest wave of SMC and I managed to pick up the Black Spider-man and Rhino.  Nothing new in terms of ML and I still have not seen Carnage himself, just remnants of his case.  Eventually, I'll stumble across one.

Mike, if you go to Marvel.com they have one for 12.99, sure its not retail, but it's Carnage.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #424 on: July 14, 2004, 06:43 PM »
Damn, now I wish I'd have picked up those two other Carnages for you guys.
They were cheap too. You might want to check your local Targets since they're clearing stuff out now. That's how I got lucky.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #425 on: July 15, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Damn, now I wish I'd have picked up those two other Carnages for you guys.
They were cheap too. You might want to check your local Targets since they're clearing stuff out now. That's how I got lucky.

Did last night and got lucky.  They had a whole end cap filled with Carnage's wave, all clearanced to $5 and change.  Carnage was right in front.  Grabbed it and looked through the rest for another for potential trade bait.  No luck.  

On a side note, I really like how Target clearances things a few times a year.  Picked up some great deals that way and it opens up space for newer toys.  I expect OTC to hit hard at Target in the next few weeks because of this.  Only wish some other stores *cough*TRU*cough* would do the same.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #426 on: July 15, 2004, 12:25 PM »
 Only wish some other stores *cough*TRU*cough* would do the same.

Amen to that.  We have three main retailers, Walmart (clearance well), Zellers and TRU.  The latter two have stock well over 5 years old in store :o  Figure it out folks, it's cutting into current sales and not going anywhere.  Ever.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #427 on: July 15, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Damn you people and your luck finding things that I want.

Off to Target tommorow after I go to the bank.

Kevin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #428 on: July 15, 2004, 10:46 PM »
Found an Ultimate Rhino at TRU tonight, though I didn't pick it up. Anybody here still need it? I pulled a half-assed stash, so it should be there after I get off work tomorrow.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2004, 10:16 AM »
There's a nice review of the Sinister Six box set found over HERE.  I don't know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to this set...hopefully it isn't too tough to find, otherwise I do see that Amazon has it up for preorder too.  Looks nice!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #430 on: July 16, 2004, 01:05 PM »
Some one already has them up and individual customized packaging on ebay.

I took a peak.

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #431 on: July 19, 2004, 02:50 PM »
A couple more reviews, courtesy of the GH forums....Fantastic Four Box Set as well as Ultimate Rhino.

While on the subject of Marvel figures, I was curious which figure you guys would pick as your favorite (or favorites) overall from any line (Legends, Spidey/Hulk/X-Men Classics, movie lines, etc.).  Is there any one figure (or a few) that really stand out to you?

For me, my favorite of all my Marvel figures would probably be my Parachute Spider-Man.  After the helpful suggestions of many of you here, I picked this one up for my "comic" Spider-Man...and since he's my favorite character, it is also my favorite figure.  I also really like the "super poseable" movie one, for a movie version of Spidey.  Others that I really like include:

18" Movie Spidey (great figure, and my wife picked it out herself for me, so its special that way to me as well)
Spidey 2 Magnetic (another fun figure, hanging out on the fridge now)
Marvel Legends Beast (Beast and Iceman were my favorite X-characters, and this figure is really nice.  Another gift from the wifey a year or so ago too)

I haven't picked up a whole lot else outside of Spider-Man and X-Men things, but I'm hoping to get some more in the future.  What are some of your favorites...or your top pick (if you have one)?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2004, 03:45 PM »
My favs:

ML - Colossus.  Excellent figure and perfect size and shape.  Runner up: Thing, for the lone fact that he can give the finger  ;) (Juggernaut might take away the #1 spot, though.  This fig looks amazing)

SMC: Hobgoblin.  Excellent articulation and just one mean freaky looking figure.  The first Marvel figure I bought, along with Thor.

XMC: Archangel.  Stupid backpack aside, this is a pretty cool figure.  His massive wingspan is impressive and Toybiz captured the "light" look of Warren perfectly.

HC: Mecha Hulk.  Of course this is the only one I own, but damn, did I pick a good one to get.  It weighs close to a metric ton and has tons of articulation.  Still looking to get an Abomination and Asorbing Man.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2004, 04:12 PM »
ML - Thor.  It's just so big, and for one of the early ones, that' somewhat unusual.  There are many figures in here that are close, but I look at that figure and see the comic come into three dimensions, especially standing by Cap and towering over him, just as he should.  

SMC - gotta agree with Mikey, Hobgoblin rules.  Fantastic articulation, extremely poseable and nasty looking without the hood.  Looks pretty benign with it on, but take it off and it scares little kids.  

XMC - not fair to say, because I only own and have seen Archangel.  It's a nice figure and while I might someday pick up a Cyclops, this one does it.  

HC - right now it's Mr. Fixit, again, the only one I own.  I am happy I chose that one.  The only other I've seen in person was smart Hulk and ultimately I didn't by it.  It was very nice, no doubt and the other pictures look great.  Anyone else think that this line was seriously limited by the crappy Hulk movie toys from last year?  It didn't even make it to Canada (yet?) as there are still plenty of lousy movie figures around.  I do have Absorbing Man somewhere between Minnesota and Manitoba, so we'll see when it arrives.  

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #434 on: July 20, 2004, 02:10 PM »
Got myself a Carnage on its way! All the way from Seattle!

Kevin