Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352134 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2005, 03:15 PM »
I've managed to collect nearly all of the two-packs, I think they're just too damn cute to pass up on.  The only thing I need is a Stormtrooper 2-pack, I've never seen them on the shelves north of the 49th.  And the SDCC Scout Trooper would be nice too, but a lower priority (I'm assuming they're a tad more $$ to track down).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Is the scout trooper different from the Fast Through the Forest scout trooper?  I've never really know the answer to that.  I guess maybe it is, a little less bowlegged?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2005, 06:29 PM »
I think it's the same one, just in a baggie.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2005, 07:48 PM »
And the SDCC Scout Trooper would be nice too, but a lower priority (I'm assuming they're a tad more $$ to track down).

Bummer you weren't here last year Jesse.  I sent a ton of those things out after I went to SDCC...  No more extras floating around though, unfortunately.   :-\

Is the scout trooper different from the Fast Through the Forest scout trooper?  I've never really know the answer to that.  I guess maybe it is, a little less bowlegged?

Boy, I never thought there was a difference.  I can double check that this weekend though (or maybe someone else can beat me to it).  I'll almost be a little bummed if there is a difference, as that would mean I'd have probably liked to keep one bagged, and have had an extra one to open...   ;)

What's funny, is that the Hasbro reps at their SDCC booth actually CAUGHT me trying to snag some more extra Scouts out of their supply box sitting right next to them.  I just played it off like I thought they were free, and that we could just help ourselves to them since they were sitting out (after they'd probably seen me go through their line about 10 times already...   ::))

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2005, 04:15 AM »
OK, I just scoped out the two Biker Scouts, and I'd have to say their pretty damned identical, fortunately!  So unless you just need the plastic bag and leaflet Jesse, you should be fine...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Thanks Matt, I think I can take that Scout Trooper off my list.  Of course, that means I have to actually complete my Playskool collection, I only ever tracked down the X-Wing Adventure and Duel with Darth Maul.   ::) 

What's funny, is that the Hasbro reps at their SDCC booth actually CAUGHT me trying to snag some more extra Scouts out of their supply box sitting right next to them. I just played it off like I thought they were free, and that we could just help ourselves to them since they were sitting out (after they'd probably seen me go through their line about 10 times already... ::))

:P

I would have LOVED to have seen you try and explain that to them.   ;D  I'm sure they might have believed a five year old, but a twenty-something?  Priceless.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2005, 04:15 PM »
I would have LOVED to have seen you try and explain that to them.   ;D  I'm sure they might have believed a five year old, but a twenty-something?  Priceless.

33 at the time, actually.  But thanks Jesse, I appreciate that!   ;)

But truth be told, I did manage to swipe a couple before I eventually got caught...   8)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2005, 04:17 PM »

33 at the time, actually.  But thanks Jesse, I appreciate that!   ;)

But truth be told, I did manage to swipe a couple before I eventually got caught...   8)

After a few trips, I asked them, and they just gave me a few extra.  Seriously.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #263 on: March 4, 2005, 03:45 PM »
I just found the new ROTS Galactic Heroes Playskool sets at my local Target - Yoda/Sidous, Dooku/Anakin, and Obi-Wan/Grievous.  $4.79 each (down a buck from the prices on they've had on the earlier ones.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 4, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Sounds like these are popping up all over the US the past couple of days, going to have to stop by Target after work today and see if they've made it to Nebraska.  Be nice to have a few things out of the way before April 2 too :).

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 5, 2005, 01:15 PM »
I bought the 3 sets the other day.

To the extent it is upright, Palpatine is somewhat disappointing.  I wish they would stay consistent with the knees bent (except for the droids and small characters).

And at $5 a set, you'd think they'd bring back the magnets to simulate the force. As much as I don't like the funky action features on the 3-3/4" line, the magnets work well on these little guys and helped draw my nephews to the line.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 7, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Found the Anakin/Dooku and Obi1/Grievous sets today at Target in Rosemead.  There was no Yoda/Palpatine and I left the other Anakin/Dooku set.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 9, 2005, 08:25 AM »
I was finally able to join the ranks of those of you who have found stuff "early" that wasn't supposed to be out yet.  Drove over to Target yesterday to check if they were following the trends of others across the country.....no ships (well, 1 preview fighter), but they did have all three sets of the Galactic Heroes from ROTS.  Picked up 1 of each, they were quite easy to spot on the pegs with that bright orange backdrop behind them.  A few things out of the way for April 2nd now :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2005, 09:35 AM »
New Galactic Heroes...

Chewie and Clone

Also listed are Mace and Kit and R2 and Super Battle Droid

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2005, 09:39 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Scott, I'm glad to see this line expanding a bit further this year.  I wonder if the Chewie will just be a repack of one of the two previous ones (which were basically the same too).