Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352285 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 6, 2005, 11:18 AM »
A nice update at Hasbro on that last batch of figures.

I'll probably pick up these sets and dump the duplicates (Obi-Wan, Yoda, Vader).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 6, 2005, 11:25 AM »
I've got to get these too, since I've got all of these released so far.  I'm still annoyed that they went to repacks with these.

Is Anakin not a repack too?  I haven't thought about these guys for a while, but I seem to remember thinking they were one repack with one repaint.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #377 on: October 6, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I've got to get these too, since I've got all of these released so far.  I'm still annoyed that they went to repacks with these.

Is Anakin not a repack too?  I haven't thought about these guys for a while, but I seem to remember thinking they were one repack with one repaint.

It's hard to tell in the picture there, but Anakin is a "sith-eyes" repaint.  I think the other three (Obi-Wan, Vader, and Yoda) are pretty much the same though.

You can see anakin's "sith eyes" better in this picture (which I cropped off a GH SDCC photo):
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 11:33 AM by Jeff »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 6, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Oh!  That's actually a pretty neat repaint for a preschooler toy.  I like it.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 6, 2005, 11:43 AM »
I wasn't sure if I was going to pick these up or not, but if I see them at retail, I might.  I'd definitely like to get the Yoda/Kashyyyk Trooper pack.  It is too bad that they went repack/repaint with these, but at least they are somewhat interesting (clones, Anakin sith eyes).  I'm wondering if this line will continue next year?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 6, 2005, 11:47 AM »
I'm wondering if this line will continue next year?

That's a darn good question, Brian.  The way they are currently releasing repacks/repaints, it feels like the current hiatus for the Unleashed line.  I'm not sure what to expect.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #381 on: October 6, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I'm wondering if this line will continue next year?

Back during Comic-Con there was a rumor that 2006 would be filled with more re-packs and repaints and that is it.  You might recognize the guy who posted it here...  :P

According to this report at Rebelscum, it sounds like more repacks are coming in the GH line in 2006....

....Anyways, after the repacked and repainted ROTS packs, this is what is rumored to be released (from the early Playskool days of this line):

Hoth 2-Pack (Luke Skywalker and Han Solo?)
Endor 2-Pack with Speeder Bike (Luke?)
Endor 2-Pack with Speeder Bike (Scout Trooper?)
Geonosis 2-Pack (Mace Windu and Geonosian Warrior?)
Coruscant 2-Pack
Emperor with red Shock Trooper

;)  I still haven't heard of any new sets, but it sounds like the other repack/repaint sets mentioned in that report are still a possibility for 2006.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 6, 2005, 11:59 AM »
You might recognize the guy who posted it here...

:P

Oh yeah ;).  Yeah, I guess I was wondering if there would be any new figures for the line.  It seems to me like it would be an easy money maker.  They seem to be selling pretty well, and they have to be cheap to make.  So many have the same/similar body type, and they are basically just PVCs with little to no articulation...doesn't seem like it would be too costly.  What do I know though?  If its just the repacks, that's good for those catching up, but I basically have all of those (aside from the rumored Shocktrooper).  I guess that's ok though, saving money is alright.  I'd like to see the line continue with some new stuff, just kind of fun to pick up now and then.  I guess I can live if they don't, but I wouldn't mind seeing them continue.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #383 on: October 20, 2005, 09:46 AM »
According to this report at Rebelscum, it sounds like more repacks are coming in the GH line in 2006....

....Anyways, after the repacked and repainted ROTS packs, this is what is rumored to be released (from the early Playskool days of this line):

Hoth 2-Pack (Luke Skywalker and Han Solo?)
Endor 2-Pack with Speeder Bike (Luke?)
Endor 2-Pack with Speeder Bike (Scout Trooper?)
Geonosis 2-Pack (Mace Windu and Geonosian Warrior?)
Coruscant 2-Pack
Emperor with red Shock Trooper

Well Brian, it looks like your rumor list is panning out - at least the first 3 anyway.

"NEW" Galactic Heroes Figures for 2006!

They all look like repacks, but maybe slightly repainted a bit (like the "dirty" Scout Trooper).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 20, 2005, 09:52 AM »
I'll grab an extra Scout Trooper and speederbike, but will pass on the other two. I have them already from the original sets.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 20, 2005, 10:19 AM »
More repacks, not surprising.  It does look like a few differences though, as it looks like the Hoth Han is now a brown coat, so I might pick that pack up...we'll see.  The Scout w/Speederbike is tempting too, so I might get one of those.  Otherwise, if we keep getting repacks I'll likely be skipping them.  Nice to see the line continue in some capacity though, maybe new ones will be coming further out.

I kind of like the "Luke with bike" and "Scout trooper with bike" sets, those are nice for the kiddos too.  I kind of wish Hasbro would do something like that in the basic line again, offering the speederbike alongside new, SA versions of Endor Luke, Leia, and Scout trooper.  I would think those would sell well, and the speeder bikes were one of my favorite aspects of ROTJ.  Anyways, back on topic, nice to see some of these getting repacked for those who missed the initial sets.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #386 on: October 20, 2005, 10:36 AM »
So it looks like...

Hoth Luke - no changes?  :-\
Hoth Han - brown coat repaint
Endor Luke - has new poncho
Scout Trooper - "dirty" repaint
Speederbike - repaint

So, some slight changes, but probably not enough for me to want to rebuy them. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 20, 2005, 10:59 AM »
The only change I could possibly see on the Luke is maybe the goggles.  The pic they have on their update has them more in the "green" shade, where the earlier one I have is more blueish.  Minor difference if any though.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Great, more flipping repacks. I do the the Speederbike packs so those I will get, Luke and Han...meh!!

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2005, 12:25 AM »
These things take a beating from my son... but I like the "beasts" when they were releasing those, and wish they would do more... I'd love "boga" in the Galactic Heroes line -instead of the regular Playskool one...
I haven't checked recently on them, but are they still putting the magnets in the hands or did they just give up on that- they never worked anyway... well, I could get Luke to hold on to the speeder bike very briefly, but what's the point on that? 
Anyway, it would be nice to get some "real" ships, also, instead of dune buggies or whatever they are trying to pass on us.  Just because our kids are small, doesn't mean they don't know that thing was never in one of the films...
You are starting to damage my calm.