Author Topic: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line  (Read 79578 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« on: August 13, 2015, 11:48 AM »
3.75" Kylo Ren hits eBay - looks great for 5 POA
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:05 PM by Jeff »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TFA 3.75" Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert Line
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:15 PM »
It's about damn time.  :D

Cardback - looks small, a la the Rebels cardback.  A bit of a bummer it's not the classic 6x9, but that ship has sailed in terms of saving money/trees when it comes to packaging.  Should make it easy to scan pegs again if everyone has their own pic on the side.  I like it.  1,000,000 times better than the Black Series black/orange card or the last few Saga Legends cardbacks.  Let's hope the bubbles actually stay on!  :-X

The Figure - Looks great for what it is.  No soft goods... not a surprise for the 5POA line like this.  Finally nice to get a bit more confirmed on that whole "build a weapon" thing these figures have going on. 

The articulation - no comment.  We all knew they were going to be 5POA, why bother complaining at this point?  I do look forward to getting a SA 3.75" Kylo Ren that can actually be posed dueling with his lightsaber someday.  When that happens, this one will still look cool standing in front of some 5POA First Order Troopers. :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:52 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 12:26 PM »
The figure looks great. Outstanding. The combiner thing is whatever. The card is much better than I expected. Looking forward to 9/4!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 01:05 PM »
JTA has a look at the cardback, which shows Captain Phasma, and Luke Skywalker... a very ESB looking Luke, in fact. ???

Is that a confirmation that there will be some OT figures mixed into this line?  That makes sense since there were rumors of a Vader in this line too...

Or is the answer - SPOILER ALERT! - that these particular characters (Vader, Bespin Luke) are included because they (or their accessories maybe?) are a big part of the TFA plot?  :-X

Anyway, having OT character figures mixed in here is a bit of a buzz-kill to me in some ways.  If I have to buy a 5POA Bespin Luke or whoever I don't really want/need in order to complete the "build-a-whatever", that's kinda gonna suck. 

(oh look, I made it almost an hour before I buzz-killed my enthusiasm  ::) #nerd)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:10 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 01:42 PM »
(oh look, I made it almost an hour before I buzz-killed my enthusiasm  ::) #nerd)

3.75" Captain Phasma on eBay

Buzz-kill fading...  Enthusiam increasing!   (it's going to be one of those days, isn't it.   :-\)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:50 PM by Jeff »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 01:46 PM »
These two figures look great.  Better than I expected for 5 POA.  A little weird that Luke is in the mix (???) and I could really live without the Build-a-space-chainsaw thing.  I'll probably pick up these two at least if I go to midnight madness.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 01:54 PM »
Phasma looks kick ass.  :o
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 02:10 PM »
Hopefully all the sweaty nerds will be grasping for these things come MM giving me a better shot at the 6" guys.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 02:11 PM »
Man, Kylo sold for $100 and now Phasma for $125.  People do realize these will be in stores everywhere in 3 weeks, right?   ???

Also, when I spun this thread off the rumor thread, I called this the basic figure thread... but that might not be right. 

Are these from the basic figure line or the Space/Jungle/Snow/Desert figure assortment(s)? Or is the Space/Jungle/etc line the basic figure line in just two different assortments?  So confusing...

And who will be kind enough to translate the aurabesh text on the bottom of the Kylo/Phasma inserts for us aurabesh illiterates?  :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 02:11 PM »
I'm not into 5POA but as a customizer I can make Phasma poseable no problemo.  Others won't be so easy with the robes and all but Phasma looks easy peasy.  I can pick some up on sale.

I still don't quite get what they build there.  Is that like a droid or what?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 02:17 PM »
I'm just shocked to see people paying $100+ for figures that will sell for less than $10 in the space of three weeks.  This frenzy effect is frightening to witness
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 02:22 PM »
3.75" Finn!

3.75" Flametrooper

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 02:27 PM »
Nice to finally get a look at something from the 3 3/4" line, surprised nothing had leaked yet. That said, these two look pretty nice really. Better than I expected. It might just be seeing something new after the drabness of the Black Series, but I like the individual character picture card backs a lot too.  I'd rather have a little more articulation as well, but will still pick these up if I can. I'd also skip the build-a and save a dollar or two as well. I still remember the glory days of $5 ROTS figures, maybe sales will help us get closer.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Back of the Flametrooper card...  WTF is a Constable Zuvio?!?  Someone from Jakku, I guess?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:37 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 02:49 PM »
(man, I'm doing a lot of posting in here today... :P)

Also, when I spun this thread off the rumor thread, I called this the basic figure thread... but that might not be right. 

Are these from the basic figure line or the Space/Jungle/Snow/Desert figure assortment(s)? Or is the Space/Jungle/etc line the basic figure line in just two different assortments?  So confusing...

Sounding more and more like these are  from the Jungle/Space (Asst B3445) and Snow/Desert (Asst B3963) lines, which makes them $10 according to the TRU computer report rumors earlier this year.   Two lines is an interesting way to do it - a la the Collection 1 and Collection 2 of the old days. 

And who will be kind enough to translate the aurabesh text on the bottom of the Kylo/Phasma inserts for us aurabesh illiterates?  :-*

Twitter says it's "Combine Forest Gear" on Kylo and Phasma; "Combine Desert Gear" on Finn and Flametrooper.  Can any of our aurebesh experts confirm that?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:53 PM by Jeff »