Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 108316 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #465 on: August 17, 2009, 12:56 AM »
thetrenchesforum.com is probably the  most established 12" forum.  You have to register to view.  That wasn't the case a while back and they had a lot of good discussion when I would stop in there. 

Also, Barry Kay has a great Adventure Team site nyaj.com. 

All the photos and videos I take are just something I like to share with you guys.  I post links a bunch of the forums I frequent.  Doesn't take long to shoot photos, etc and upload them.  I been doing that for the last 5 Joecons. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #466 on: August 17, 2009, 01:11 AM »
The Trenches has been around for quite a while and I did check it out back in the day, but it was just a forum.  While there was good info there, I don't recall there being good photo albums/checklists.  Did that change? 

The Beachhead is a good site with checklists, but no photos.  NYAJ.com is a good site and I do stop by there, it's great for vintage AT stuff.

I still use the USENET Joe group the most for 12" stuff.  Many/most of the guys on there are on the Trenches also I believe.  There are good Joe sites around for some 12" stuff but there's not the one or two sites like an RS or Jedi Temple Archives or JD (or yojoe for 3.75" Joes) where you can really make one stop to get everything you're looking for.

As I said, Joe isn't the only other hobby that comes to mind.  I wish there were sites out there for all the major lines past and present.  Something that would make it easier to break into another hobby like vintage Fisher Price Adventure People or 80s/90s Aliens, MASK, etc.  There are some sites out there, but nothing as comprehensive as the SW or Joe sites that are around.  John H. made a good attempt with ToyTraderz.com but it didn't work out for various reasons.  I'm not saying it's easy, I just with there was...more.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #467 on: August 17, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Great Video.   Really makes me wish I could have gone.  Even if I don't buy a bunch of stuff, I really like to look/gawk at all the stuff from 1964 to today.

The unique thing about 12in Joe product is that alot of the sites transitioned more from Joe to Dragon/BBi/21st Century almost overnight.  I have to admit, my Dragon Collection dwarfed my RAH, Vintage and AT collection at one time, talk about an expensive hobby/habit. 

By the time I sold all the 12 inch stuff, it was still email groups but I still have onesixthwarriors.com and the trenches still in my favorites.

Awesome, because that means JesseDefender can't be far behind, and I can get all the Jesse James news that's fit to print!

And then we will get JeffDefender.com for all your Jeff news and gossip. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #468 on: August 18, 2009, 12:20 PM »
For anyone who might still be looking to fill some holes in their 25th Anniversary stuff, it looks like BBTS has all of their stock (except for brand new-ish stuff) at 25% off.  Some pretty good deals in there.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #469 on: August 18, 2009, 12:34 PM »
There are some good deals in there.  Couple of cases with army builders and 1ea of Joe characters for only about $4.50 per fig average.  Not bad.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #470 on: August 18, 2009, 11:17 PM »
Well I am glad you asked Ryan....look for JoeDefender.com coming soon. (notice a themes?) Seriously.  With the exact same attitude we have here only Joe-ish.

You're not going to have your own Pit, are you?  ;)  >:D Sorry, bad joke.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Was it ever brought up if/and/when a return to 25th vinty stuff would occur?  I don't remeber reading anything about it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #472 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Was it ever brought up if/and/when a return to 25th vinty stuff would occur?  I don't remeber reading anything about it.

I was wondering the same thing.  It sounds like the upcoming movie stuff is sort of meant to be "25th anniversary compatible" in a way, but hopefully they'll get back to continuing the original lineup soon.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2009, 12:43 PM »
Another question that was not asked (not that I could tell) was is there more "Resolute" cartoon goodness coming?

I fear that the "25th" stuff may very well be very limited.  They showed 3 waves into 2010 and not a single hint of that stuff.  The new Recondo (or as I call him Gung-condo or Recond-Ho) looks very "Resolute-ish" but everythinng else is very ROC.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #474 on: August 19, 2009, 05:21 PM »
By looking at the Hasbro slides from their presentation this past weekend, it doesn't look like they have plans to go back to the 25th line anytime soon.  Like Paul said, they showed a couple of waves into 2010 and they're all ROC-style figures/characters.  It seems that they're going to stick with that theme as long as it sells.

The Resolute figures that have been shown off before look like they're getting streamed in with the movie figs as just repaints of the main characters and not being pointed out as Resolute figures like the three that were released earlier in the year.  The Snake Eyes already has a slot from the reports I've read.

Basically, I wouldn't count on 25th style classic characters in classic outfits till the ROC-style line fades.

E...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #475 on: August 19, 2009, 05:54 PM »

The Snake Eyes already has a slot from the reports I've read.

City Strike Snake Eyes and he is available overseas carded right now.  I saw one go for $150+ this weekend on ebay

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #476 on: August 19, 2009, 06:00 PM »
By looking at the Hasbro slides from their presentation this past weekend, it doesn't look like they have plans to go back to the 25th line anytime soon.

I get that, but was everyone to afraid to even ask about it at Joecon?  There's no mention of it on any of the sites out there on a comeback.  I guess ROC really has sucked everyone in, but not me.  I'll pick and chose here, but no way I want all this stuff that's is out/coming out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #477 on: August 19, 2009, 06:59 PM »
By looking at the Hasbro slides from their presentation this past weekend, it doesn't look like they have plans to go back to the 25th line anytime soon.

I get that, but was everyone to afraid to even ask about it at Joecon?  There's no mention of it on any of the sites out there on a comeback.  I guess ROC really has sucked everyone in, but not me.  I'll pick and chose here, but no way I want all this stuff that's is out/coming out.

I see what you're saying.  I haven't read any reports, even on the forums, where the Hasbro team was asked specifically about the return to the 25th style classic characters/outfits.  Either nobody did or Hasbro was so upfront about continuing with the ROC themes that it pretty much squashed the questions.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #478 on: August 19, 2009, 10:23 PM »
There's not a lot of Jesse James news fit to print though, so ultimately it'll be slow.

I may take pictures of my movements to kick the day off, every day.  Movement-of-the-day or something.  I may then review it, I'm not sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2009, 01:14 PM »

I am with you.
I have been customizing and selling my ROC figures, I only bought a dozen but quickly lost interest in them. Outside a few, I am not keeping many for my own collection. I really like Shipwreck, Helix, Snake Eyes and Destro (I replaced the head with the Pilot Destro Head and it looks great!). Overall Hasbro did a great job on them but they just do not have the appeal for me like the Classic/Resolute.

Some of the new stuff coming like Beachhead, Firefly and a few others look great that I will most likely pick up. I am 100% in for classic and Resolute characters but everything else I will really cherry pick. I am done with vehicles unless I have to buy one to get a character I want but I will trade/sell the vehicle.

It's seems sales are slowing down so I am not sure how long this line will have. With the amount of stuff coming I am not sure it all will make it out. Hope I am wrong.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/