Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 208686 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1290 on: July 1, 2008, 06:31 PM »
He is part of the DVD pack.  I am getting several of them (for the Dusty's) remind me when they hit and I can hook you up with the extra ones.  They are due in the Fall.

absolutley.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1291 on: July 2, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Question - is your Target down to 1 peg for basic figures?  All of the Targets in my area are, and that peg is empty.  What happened to this big distribution push Hasbro was talking about a few months back  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1292 on: July 2, 2008, 03:26 PM »
Our local Target seems to be down to one peg as well, and that's filled with other stuff at the moment (other military figures) - and a lone Cobra Trooper.  They have plenty of comic packs (3 pegs I think), but that's about it for the Joe area right now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1293 on: July 2, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Part of it might be due to the Star Wars release on 7/26.  My guess is that the toy aisle, action figure section at least, is going to get an overhaul.  If Target isn't getting in a lot of Joe product, maybe they dropped it to get other stuff on the shelf with anticipation of the reset later this month.

Besides, Target is getting two huge Joe exclusives so it's not like they're going to permanently do away with all the space for them.

At my store they don't even need more than one peg, they never have enough stock to cover more than that.  They get a case, sell a case.  Wait a month, get a case, sell it.  Rinse, repeat.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1294 on: July 3, 2008, 09:38 AM »
At my store they don't even need more than one peg, they never have enough stock to cover more than that.  They get a case, sell a case.  Wait a month, get a case, sell it.  Rinse, repeat.

That's a good point.  Our store actually wouldn't need much more than one peg either, as there hasn't been more than a peg's worth for awhile either.  They've had the same Cobra Soldier and/or Buzzer hanging out for quite awhile now.  WM on the other hand, just has boatloads of Joes, but they're all earlier ones (Serpentor, Buzzer, Cobra, Stalker, etc.).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1295 on: July 3, 2008, 11:00 AM »
The Wal-Mart in Binghamton, NY had probably 8 pegs full of figures last time I was there (about a month ago now) and they were all Serpentor, Buzzer and one of the Cobra troopers.  Either Cobra or the Officer, I forget which.  But they had dozens each of just those figures.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how, with 6 figures per case, they could have ended up with that many.  I've never researched the case packs for the Joes but it seems ridiculous that they got, probably, 20+ cases and sold all but those three?  Now it sounds like you're seeing the same thing in one of your stores.  Very odd.

Although, I guess it's no different than one of the local TRU stores having 20+ 2006 Saga Naboo Soldiers.  It just seems impossible that a store could receive enough cases to have these types of counts on one or two figures, especially when I've never found any of the OTHER figures from those waves at those stores.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1296 on: July 3, 2008, 11:09 AM »
My Wal-Mart stocked up today, and I snagged Barbecue, HISS Driver, the new Hawk, and Torpedo.  The Torpedo was on a plain white logo card, but I was just glad to see him as I missed him the first time around.  Plenty of Wild Bills, Spirits, and Vipers.

I swore I wouldn't buy Barbecue, because I didn't have him as a kid and never really liked the idea of a fireman Joe, but he's a pretty good looking figure.  The universe can only be put easy if they release a Blowtorch, though, as I always preferred the guy who started fires to the one who put them out.

They also had the new(ish) comic packs.  I passed on Copperhead & Shipwreck and commie guy and Duke (I ******* hate Duke...quit making him!), but picked up Firefly and Storm Shadow.

I wish that would have been the carded release Firefly....
« Last Edit: July 3, 2008, 11:12 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1297 on: July 3, 2008, 01:21 PM »
Good score on the new Joes.  That Firefly figure from the comic pack is awesome.  The Stormshadow isn't bad but I agree, I would have liked to have seen Firefly as a single carded figure.  I like the previous release since it's a throwback to the vintage version.  But this new one rocks.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1298 on: July 3, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Stopped by another Target today.  Sure enough a lone-empty peg, but it had a $7.99 tag on it.  A $3 increase in less than two years.  Nice   ::)

Copperhead's right lower leg broke right off as soon as I got him out of the package.  First time that has happened to me with this line.  FF is pretty sweet, but I'm really diggin that new SS moreso.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1299 on: July 3, 2008, 08:18 PM »
For the life of me, I can't figure out how, with 6 figures per case, they could have ended up with that many. 

Just nitpicking here, but a case of Joes has eight figures in it.

I also noticed the new $7.99 price today at the multiple Targets I stopped at.  The Indy figures are also now $7.99.  We might as well get used to it now .....

:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1300 on: July 3, 2008, 10:00 PM »
I think I'm down to pick/choose on Indy figures.  And $8 for GI Joes?  Inexcuseable considering they own the property...  no way in hell they should cost anywhere close to licensed stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1301 on: July 4, 2008, 12:37 AM »
You're right, Neal, 8 figs per case.  Still, it's a lot of leftovers on the pegs at that Bingo WM store.

$7.99 here tonight on the Joe figures as well.  I actually didn't pay attention to the Indy figures.  We've known for a while that we'd probably be paying $7.99 for SW figures starting with the new waves in July, guess these others are just priming us for it.

It's looking more and more like price is going to start forcing me out of purchases.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1302 on: July 5, 2008, 07:12 PM »
$15 a fig in 2015?  I think so with the way things are going.

Found w9 this morning at a store I hate.  Fabulous looking wave except for the black SS.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1303 on: July 5, 2008, 10:41 PM »
The Vehicles are hitting at Various WalMarts..none here in Dallas/Fort Worth yet, but some in Texas...so be on the lookout...

My closest Wal Mart said not till the 16th...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1304 on: July 5, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I picked up the B.A.T. and Snow Serpent today at Target.  At $4.99, I would've grabbed Hawk, Bazooka, and Barbecue as well.  At $7.99, the other figures can wait.
 :(